GameStop: Half Off Used Sports Games 8/1-8/2only

Dropped in to say thanks OP. I was able to get (after override):

:3ds: Mario Kart 7 ~ $15
[vita] Fifa 12 ~ $15
:360: Forza 4 ~ $17
:360: Virtua Tennis 4 ~ $8
:ps3: NCAA 13 ~ $22

Good day overall.

Great sale. Employees at my GameStop knew about the promo and applied it to the NCAA's I reserved last night without any issue. Walked the store once and saw a bunch of games that could be used to move credit to Best Buy. Settled on --

Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush (360)
GS: $4.50 / BBY: $11.20 (+6.70)

Backyard Sports: Sandlot Slug (360)
GS: $3.60 / BBY: $8.00 (+4.40)

Forza 4 (360)
GS: $17.10 / BBY $28.80 (+11.70)

Madden NFL 2011 (Wii)
GS: $6.75 / BBY: $9.60 (+2.85)

Mario & Sonic: London Olympics (3DS)
GS: $12.60 / BBY: $16 (+3.4)

Mario Tennis Open (3DS)
GS: $15.75 / BBY: $19.20 (+3.45)

MLB 10: The Show (PS3)
GS: $3.60 / BBY: $6.40 (+2.80)

MLB 12: The Show (PS3)
GS: $17.10 / BBY: $25.60 (+8.50)

Mortal Kombat (360)
GS: $16.20 / BBY: $22.40 (+6.20)

Mortal Kombat (PS3)
GS: $16.20 / BBY: $22.40 (+6.20)

Mortal Kombat (Vita)
GS: $10.00 / BBY: $20.80 (+10.80)

NBA 2K11 (PS3)
GS: $8.10 / BBY: $9.60 (+1.50)

NCAA Football 2013 (360)
GS: $20.25 / BBY: $43.20 (+22.95)

NCAA Football 2013 (PS3)
GS: $20.25 / BBY: $43.20 (+22.95)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (360)
GS: $9.00 / BBY: $11.20 (+2.20)

Was able to wipe out most of my GS credit and net over $100 in profit on the move. Whole process took less than an hour. Helps that GameStop and Best Buy are in the same shopping center. Anyone who wants to move credit should jump on this one. Vitua Tennis, WWE All Stars, and a bunch of other games would also work. Weren't available at my store and I wasn't going to drive out of my way to get them.

How are you guys all finding preowned NCAA like this? Jeeze the closest store to me that has it is 50 miles away.

[quote name='derintrel']How are you guys all finding preowned NCAA like this? Jeeze the closest store to me that has it is 50 miles away.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone reserved it for in-store pickup online last night.

[quote name='HydroX']Which store did you go to? The one by Norman Super Target has some pretty cool guys working there. Check 'em out.[/QUOTE]

I went to the one on 12th by the Wal-Mart, i planned on going to the Target one, they always seem better. The one by me i'm boycotting. They didn't know anything really and when I politely asked if they were doing the sale they looked at me like I was a thief (OMG, I know something others don't, obviously that's wrong!) haha. That GS they always seem like their lives are a dark abyss plus they are the "Know everything and indie games are the best!" type.

Sucks because I had GT5, Motorstorm (It'd be 1.50!), Grandslam Tennis 2 and Fifa 12. Hopefully they have those over there. Will probably the Moore store and the one at the Mall.

Appreciate the heads up Hydro!

I picked up
NBA 2K12: $14.67 (with tax + PU)
Mario Tennis Open: $15.74 (keeping)
NCAA Football 13: $22.01 (with tax + PU) (flipped)

Wish I able to find more NCAA13, oh well. Still sitting on about $100 GS credit. Might use some of @FIF to transfer it over BBY.

those sob game me such a hard time

but picked up with my leftover gamestop credit

mlb the show 12 ....17xx

ncaa 13 20xx

mortal kombat vita ..8.00 used

all went back to bestbuy for 85 in credit

Saint'sRow911;9847118]Sweet. Looks like I may be trying to grab me a racing game. Doubt Cars 2 would be included said:
If that's the case, I will be heading to my store tomorrow after work and getting Forza 4! I'm a regular there so shouldn't have any issues I hope. That'll make it $20.xx after tax with this weeks sale on that game.

This is the first sale in a long time where I am actually getting games to play instead of flip.

Today's purchases:
Tiger 12 and 13
Nail'd
Pure
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
NCAA 13
Grand Slam 2
Top Spin 4

Got a sweet deal, traded Syndicate with the 50% +10% then found one copy of NCAA FB 13 and he took the 50% off. Only had to pay $8 for a $60 game a few weeks ago, can't beat that. thanks for the heads up.

Seems like every time I try to post my findings, nothing ever good comes from it. Happy this time it worked. Glad I finally got to contribute to the other CAGs. I didn't even think about getting some games to flip. Maybe I'll look into that before I go pick up my copy of NCAA tomorrow. Any suggestions on the best flips? Don't have a Best Buy within 20 miles, so Amazon will probably be where I'd go. Unless it is good enough to make a special trip. Also how many copies of one game can you trade in? 1 or 2?

[quote name='derintrel']How are you guys all finding preowned NCAA like this? Jeeze the closest store to me that has it is 50 miles away.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the only 2 in my area the day before and did return/rebuy today.

Saint'sRow911;9848577 said:
Love how everyone is just flipping, so funny.

Turned $62 GS credit into $112 BB credit. Might consider Sleeping Dogs now.

2 copies of NCAA and The Show 12?

Definitely going to try and get Forza 4. For $17, it's a steal. Hope I also get lucky and see a NCAA 13 and get that as well. Thanks to the CAGs with the prices and letting me know about this deal.

Every one said racing games didn't count so I didn't look.
But tonight was looking at the website and dirt showdown is on the sports catagory.
Would of been nice to get that.

In my case, bringing the printout of the deal worked against me at the Aliso Viejo Plaza store. Due to the wording in the fine print ("Games with a trade value less than $3.00 are excluded from this offer."), the girl working there said I have to trade in a game to get the discount on NCAA 13. She called 2 other stores and they both apparently agreed w/ her. Even though I pointed to the flyer they had in store said NOTHING about trading in games she would not change her stance. I even asked her to try entering a trade-in plus the NCAA 13, which she did, and the price did not discount. She still wouldn't do it, since she called the other stores.

I went to another store right after (w/o the printout), and apparently it was one of the stores she called. The manager there also first told me that I had to trade in a game before getting the 50% off. I then told her there's nothing in the in-store ad that says that. She looked at the ad, and then said "Oh great, I just told another store that this offer is for trades only." She manually overrode the price and called the first store to let them know to just override the price. I'll need to go back to the 1st store tomorrow.

Damn, I could pick up another copy of NCAA, but the nearest store with one in stock is 20 some miles away. Ehh, I'll sleep on it, but seems like I still need check out my local GameStop.

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']So will Forza be half off too? I'm just afraid the person at GameStop will not discount it because it's a racing game[/QUOTE]

I am more afraid of GS not discounting ANY used sports titles, just because they do not know about it and it may still not be automaticly done on the register.

I picked up Tiger 13 and Kinect Sports Season 2 :) traded in a few games and ended up paying $6 out of pocket. I am extremely happy ahah

[quote name='panda911']2 copies of NCAA and The Show 12?[/QUOTE]

Yup all I was able to find, although I'm not complaining. Really wish I could have found Forza 4 or another racing game like Cars 2, but that's alright.

Thanks for the heads up OP. And to the 2 guys I sent my free online passes from the games to, hope they both work! Would be legit to help a couple CAGers with some free OPs.

[quote name='bgame2']The manager at my store refused to override it. Basically maintained that it was an "oh well I guess it doesn't work" situation. Always class gamestop.[/QUOTE]

most game stop's suck the big one my friend.

Manager at one GameStop I checked informed me that Forza 4 and Dirt Showdown both aren't supposed to work with the discount. Sure enough, neither of them work online.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']This is the first sale in a long time where I am actually getting games to play instead of flip.

Today's purchases:
Tiger 12 and 13
Nail'd
Pure
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
NCAA 13
Grand Slam 2
Top Spin 4[/QUOTE]

How did you get Pure and Motorstorm? Neither of those ring up 50% off. At least not at the Gamestop I checked.

Here's my list, all 50% off, all PS3:

Mlb 10 the show - $4
College Hoops 2k8 - $3.50
NBA 2k12 - $15
NHL 2k10 - $5
NCAA 12 - i forget, $12.50 i think..
All Pro Football 2k8 - $1
SBK X ( A racing game!) - $12.50
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 - $14
Top Spin 3 - $5

Note:

I had no problems with the promo at my Gamestop...manager even showed me the promo on an in-store fyler, which reads nothing about trades....flyer has pic of Madden 12 and The Show 11.

Now I just need to find a few more games Thursday afternoon and I'm done...

[quote name='ultramanJ']How did you get Pure and Motorstorm? Neither of those ring up 50% off. At least not at the Gamestop I checked.[/QUOTE]

I just brought them up to the counter and asked if these qualified for the promotion. I showed him my receipt that had Motorstorm: Apocolypse on there with the discount. He said ok, must work on all racing games, and overrode the price.

Edit: Sorry, thought you were asking about Pure and Nail'd. For Motorstorm I called up the store before I went and he said yes, that it did qualify. Went to another store to get Pure, showed him the receipt from the Motorstorm purchase and he gave the discount to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
got a copy of NCAA that will be going to BB shortly. Gonna go back today and see if I can get Tiger and Forza 4 for myself. Thanks again OP!

I'll try to get a copy of Mario tennis, for $15-$17 that's a pretty good deal :D

Too bad all the NCAA are sold out, guess flipping has increased here 0_o

Nice price on NCAA 13 if you're into that sort of thing ;). I haven't played a football game for years, but seems interesting. None in stock within 20 miles of me. In stock online though.

$9 for Skate 3 a good deal? Worth getting them to give me the 50% in store?

Too bad Forza 4 doesn't seem to be getting the discount when I add it to cart. Sucks as I saw a nice mint copy at the GS near me maybe 3 days ago.

[quote name='theking20']I'll try to get a copy of Mario tennis, for $15-$17 that's a pretty good deal :D

Too bad all the NCAA are sold out, guess flipping has increased here 0_o[/QUOTE]

don't start with this we got their first so no one to blame for your slowness

got another ncaa 13 set to pick up this morning

[quote name='dan77733']Is there a limit to how many copies of the same game you can buy?[/QUOTE]Technically, I don't think so, but it might depend on the attitude of your GS employee. You might get anything from outright denial to a raised eyebrow.

Ive been on this site a long time, just never really post..quick question, i see people talking about trading in some of these sports games to best buy, but how? the ones by me only take trade ins if you can prove you bought them at that best buy? they ask for a receipt or say theyll look it up on the computer if you used your card. im guessing this isnt the case everywhere then?

You guys think the London 2012 Olympics game would work on this deal locally?

It's out of stock online so I can't try to put it in the cart to see if I'd get the 50% off.

Looks like NCAA rang up automatically this morning. He only hit 1 or 2 buttons after scanning the game, and no override on the receipt.

[quote name='Charlie Dynamite']Ive been on this site a long time, just never really post..quick question, i see people talking about trading in some of these sports games to best buy, but how? the ones by me only take trade ins if you can prove you bought them at that best buy? they ask for a receipt or say theyll look it up on the computer if you used your card. im guessing this isnt the case everywhere then?[/QUOTE]

Go to the BB trade thread following this link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312640

Read the first post and all your questions should be answered. I hope you have more than 1 BB in your area or you are out of luck.

Question about ordering pre-owned games online.....

Do you get the actual case, manual and insert? Or some generic crap or its random? Thanks.

[quote name='nakanenui']Go to the BB trade thread following this link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312640

Read the first post and all your questions should be answered. I hope you have more than 1 BB in your area or you are out of luck.[/QUOTE]

thanks man..i have a couple around, but the 2 closest ones say i need a receipt or be able to prove i bought it there. i havent tried calling the ones further away.

[quote name='dan77733']Question about ordering pre-owned games online.....

Do you get the actual case, manual and insert? Or some generic crap or its random? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It's random for what you get from online. Within the 7 day return period you could go into a store to do an exchange if you want to get retail case, manuals, and inserts. I have noticed often that the pre-owned games from online are usually in horrible condition like major cracks/damage in the inner ring and generic black cases for Xbox games anyways.

[quote name='dan77733']Question about ordering pre-owned games online.....

Do you get the actual case, manual and insert? Or some generic crap or its random? Thanks.[/QUOTE]it is random. I have only ordered a few preowned online and most of them have been complete but with that said it's luck of the draw. I would guess your odds are better on newer games like NCAA but you never know.

bread's done
Back