Gamestop Help

Dark_Magus

CAGiversary!
Hello Gamestop Employees, I got a job interview at a local Gamestop and I'm curious as to what I should expect at it. So any advice or information you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

[quote name='Dark_Magus']Hello Gamestop Employees, I got a job interview at a local Gamestop and I'm curious as to what I should expect at it. So any advice or information you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.[/quote]

Well, I can't answer from when they did my interview about 2 1/2 years ago, but I believe that they'll ask you about previous jobs, different types of sales you did, and goals you had there. Another thing you might be asked is if someone is asking you about a game that you know is horrible or you don't like, what would you say.

Wish I could be of more help, but I don't do the interviews at my store, it's the store manager's job for that. I just give my input if I know the person.

The store manager may role play as a customer and it's your job to see how many add-ons you can get the customer to buy with a PS2. This was on my interview for the Ass. Manager job I got.

[quote name='dberuvides']The store manager may role play as a customer and it's your job to see how many add-ons you can get the customer to buy with a PS2. This was on my interview for the Ass. Manager job I got.[/QUOTE]

I always wanted to be an ass manager.

Actually, I bet they'll hire you if you do. I think Affirmative Action requires one retard per store.

yeah.....I'll..try to keep that in mind.... anyway can someone explain to me what is the refund policy at gamestop? And is there like a natural replacement plan or is there only the one that you pay for? And if there is a natural plan, please explain to me how that works, for example the time limit and the extent of damage to the product and if it applies to used merchandise as well.

[quote name='Dark_Magus']yeah.....I'll..try to keep that in mind.... anyway can someone explain to me what is the refund policy at gamestop? And is there like a natural replacement plan or is there only the one that you pay for? And if there is a natural plan, please explain to me how that works, for example the time limit and the extent of damage to the product and if it applies to used merchandise as well.[/QUOTE]

I just went to GS a few days back and I can't find the receipt. Pulled this off the website

Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return.

We do not accept returns of:
Any product(s) returned more than 30 days after delivery.
Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
Any product(s) not in its original condition.
Any product(s) that is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.

The plan you pay for is to exchange the game or item no matter what I believe. Just like any store and their extended service plan.
Funny thing about that is when I bought the New Super Mario Bros for DS. The person behind the counter asked me if I wanted a disc replacement plan.

Typical suggestions are as follows:

1. DO NOT call yourself a hardcore gamer, if they ask about your interest in games state that videogames are a hobby not a lifestyle. A hardcore gamer might have preferences which will steer customers away from certain titles, like suggesting quality bargin bin games rather than todays must have.

2. When asked about recommending games make sure that to say it's most important to "push" games/items that fit the customer/corporate wants and that you wouldn't have a problem selling someone a game you didn't enjoy because their tastes might be quite different from yours.

3. When answering questions make sure to emphasize your "upselling" abilities through informing customers of other games and items they may be interesting in and by trying to push preorders and talk about any previous sales experience you've had dealing with this.

OoOo thanks for the heads up I was about to say I was a hardcore gamer... not that I live breath and sleep games, but I do like playing them in my spare time.

Just keep asking whoever is interviewing you if they want to pre-order the new madden, final fantasy 12, the new zelda etc. Eventually dude will realize you are one of them and give you the job, and hell...he might even give you five bucks to pre-order something since that's what most idiots do. So you'll walk out with a new job and five bucks.

I hope you at least have a slight idea as to how much this job is going to absolutely totally fucking suck.

If not, then consider that your warning...

[quote name='Quackzilla']I hope you at least have a slight idea as to how much this job is going to absolutely totally fucking suck.

If not, then consider that your warning...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to agree here. Your hours will depend on if you can get people to pre-order stuff. Reminds me of when I worked at American Eagle. if we didn't sell jeans/credit cards we got our hours cut.

Well, if you're pretty outgoing and down to earth that's a plus, because it probably means you can be a good salesperson, which is important. Don't dress poorly, wear nice pants and smell good.

I'd say relax and look like you'd actually enjoy what you'd be doing, most people will do fine on interviews, unless they say things like:

Interviewer: "If you saw another employee take money out of the register, what would you do?"
Interviewee: "Um, take money also? - HAHAHA!::maniacal nerd laughter::"/"I don't know"/"Tackle them!!"

OR

Interviewee: I don't really like people

OR

Interviewee: I don't really know much about these game tapes and stuff, I just have to do the interviews for this program that I'm in.

(*disclaimer*, one of those really happened, creepy isn't it?)

[quote name='tauruskatt']ZOMG!! I'm going to start a thread now!!! WOOT! :lol: :cool:[/quote]

Lo siento. Yo no entendi.
Para ingles, marka dos.

wow I'm getting some pretty good advice and then I have these posters that are keeping up the spirit of "off topic"..... interesting.....

bread's done
Back