Gamestop In-store and online used price drops (Star Ocean, Front Mission Evolved)

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Just left Gamestop and noticed a few games had some nice price drops:

:360: :ps3: Front Mission Evolved 17.99
:360: :ps3: Nier 12.99
:360: :ps3: Star Ocean: Last Hope Internation Edition 17.99
:wii: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 12.99
:360: :ps3: Just Cause 2 17.99
Prices are now valid online so don't forget to use the code 20USED to save an additional 20% on used games.

There were more titles like Red Dead Redemption and Halo Reach but none of those price drops seemed to be as good of a deal as these.

Thanks to Brother Daz for information on additional titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome price for Front Mission Evolved! Are you sure it was $17.99 though? Online it says its $44(I know you said in store) its doesnt seem right for it to have dropped that far already. thats quite a jump.

I'm positive because I bought a copy. Not sure if Gamestop does YMMV price drops but I can always take a picture of the game case and my receipt.

I also just called another store to confirm the price on Front Mission to see if it was a YMMV drop and they had it for the same price. The associate at that store commented that he had just made that price change this morning.

Thanks, I just called one of my local stores also. She confirmed the $18 used price. Damn thats a smokin price, I'm headed there now! Thanks a bunch for this post.

If you check gamestop.com, for Star Ocean and Front Mission, if you do the in store pickup option, it'll show a price comparison showing that it's 17.99 in store. For Nier, it'll show that it's 12.99 in store.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Which is the better game, Star Ocean or Nier? If I can snag one of them I will. That's a nice price for both.[/QUOTE]

Just to warn you with Star Ocean for 360 that many people (including myself) experienced the game locking up when playing in 1080 but not in 720, so if you play it you might want to do so in that resolution.

Hey guys, we received an email about this last night and posted a screenshot of the mark down announcement:

http://levelupnews.com/deals/gamestop-marks-down-hundreds-of-used-games/

Definitely sounds like it's in store only. Haven't heard they are permanent temporary mark downs just for the holidays.

Might have to pick up Nier for that price. Would like to see Transformers: War for Cybertron get a price cut since I missed the GameFly sale a few days ago :p

[quote name='Shimmerz']Just to warn you with Star Ocean for 360 that many people (including myself) experienced the game locking up when playing in 1080 but not in 720, so if you play it you might want to do so in that resolution.[/QUOTE]I have a PS3 with a 26 inch 720p vizio so I am good.

You can confirm the OP's prices if you do "Pickup@store" on Gamestop's Web site. It will show the in-store price, which I confirmed for Star Ocean.

Awesome price and a huge drop of Front Mission. I know it hasn’t been received greatly (which would partially explain the price drop), but I almost picked this up for $49.99 during a B2G1, glad I waited. Thanks OP

Just got home with my FME, it still had the preorder bonus code for two wanzers, and the Square Enix code was un-used also! Thanks again LordVila

I also notice that Final Fantasy:CC for the Wii had a drop also, $12.99 (used)

Normally, the $17.99 used price means it's going to be $19.99 new, so let's hope that follows through for the people (like myself) that would prefer a new copy.

I'd so like to get Front Mission Evolved. I wonder if it is a better Mech game than Armored Core games this generation? I currently have Armored Core 4 in my backlog, probably should play that first.

Crap, I thought the pick up at store would allow you to use complete the purchase online before sending the hold game request to the store, but of course not :(

[quote name='shrike4242']Normally, the $17.99 used price means it's going to be $19.99 new, so let's hope that follows through for the people (like myself) that would prefer a new copy.[/QUOTE]

Not to beat a dead horse, but 'new' in Gamestop pretty much means 'used' but never been sold. But still beggars can't be choosers, so I'll go to Gamestop and hopefully get Star Ocean and Front Mission Evolved.

Gamestop has had come nice price drops recently. There are a ton of great games under $20 now for both the PS3 and 360.

I was thinking of trading in Nier. I was literally about to walk out the door with a bunch of games to trade when I happened upon the price drop. Would these markdowns affect the TIV if they're temporary? I estimated Nier at about $8 before the markdown; would anyone happen to know its current TIV?

Well since I work across the street from a gamestop I went in and got the last copy of Star Ocean. God knows when I will play it with my backlog but hell it was too good of a deal to pass :D.

[quote name='guyinga']Not to beat a dead horse, but 'new' in Gamestop pretty much means 'used' but never been sold. But still beggars can't be choosers, so I'll go to Gamestop and hopefully get Star Ocean and Front Mission Evolved.[/QUOTE]You're beating the wrong dead horse.

New on the GS.com website is new and sealed, which is what I'd be doing, not going into the store.

[quote name='shrike4242']You're beating the wrong dead horse.

New on the GS.com website is new and sealed, which is what I'd be doing, not going into the store.[/QUOTE]

Yep and it also means there is a chance Amazon will match. Fingers crossed for drop on Just Cause 2 and Front Mission new.

thanks op, got in on Nier and EA MMA online for $30 shipped after discounts

can't argue with those prices, shame front mission was sold out =/

Went by and picked up the one and only Star Ocean via PS3 for $17.99. Also, Mortal Kombat vs. DCU for PS3 which was also $17.99 and Gears of War 2 for XB360 for $14.99.

New on the GS.com website is new and sealed, which is what I'd be doing, not going into the store.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that is not always true. People on here have reported getting gut copies/re-sealed copies of games (with stickers magically under the shrink wrap)from GameStop.com in the past. An example was during a Street Fighter IV deal where many people got opened copies in the mail. I checked their status on a reseller ratings site as well and others have complained about the same thing.

Just noticed Just Cause 2 was $18 and well I just bought it. Luckily I put an extra $20 in my account because I was going to buy a t-shirt and well I ended up with Just Cause 2 instead :lol:

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd so like to get Front Mission Evolved. I wonder if it is a better Mech game than Armored Core games this generation? I currently have Armored Core 4 in my backlog, probably should play that first.[/QUOTE]
I believe Front Mission Evolved to be the far better game. I love mech games and would always give Armored Core the benefit of the doubt only to be disappointed. FME feels kind of like Mech Assault to me. Not a huge fan of the on foot missions, but so far they seem only about 1/10 of the game. I'm having fun with FME....give it a try!

Star Ocean finally dropped. The price stayed elevated for a while. I stopped by and picked it up. 20% coupon + 10% PowerUp, I got it for $12.95

Thank you so much for the heads up! I found Front Mission Evolved in one of my local GSs and got it thanks to you! Thanks for sharing!

That's actually not entirely true. I ordered a copy of Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces a while ago and they shipped me a gutted copy with the "new" sticker on the front of the case. I took that fucker right back to my local store and had them give me my money back.

I was pretty tempted to jump on a few things but gonna hold out too see if the upcoming power saver sale happens because the power saver deals earlier this year were great.

On a side note, I was lucky that the square-enix members voucher was unused... so I was able to claim it for my account... :lol:

anyone know if the price drops online (like Halo 3, Modern Warfare and Bioshock for $10 each) are good in store as well? I'd like to grab those during the next b2g1 free

[quote name='Amblix']I'll wait till the B2G1. :)[/QUOTE]
Are they going to have another one soon? I'm not very familiar with the schedules on those deals and such...

wait, holy sh*t thats a sweet price for Just Cause 2, wonder if MSRP is coming down..its been so high forever. Gonna pick it up tomorrow for sure. Now If Metro 2033 would find a price less than $39.99, I think it would be the last game I purchase for the year..

bread's done
Back