Gamestop In-store and online used price drops (Star Ocean, Front Mission Evolved)

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Just left Gamestop and noticed a few games had some nice price drops:

:360: :ps3: Front Mission Evolved 17.99
:360: :ps3: Nier 12.99
:360: :ps3: Star Ocean: Last Hope Internation Edition 17.99
:wii: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 12.99
:360: :ps3: Just Cause 2 17.99
Prices are now valid online so don't forget to use the code 20USED to save an additional 20% on used games.

There were more titles like Red Dead Redemption and Halo Reach but none of those price drops seemed to be as good of a deal as these.

Thanks to Brother Daz for information on additional titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']wait, holy sh*t thats a sweet price for Just Cause 2, wonder if MSRP is coming down..its been so high forever. Gonna pick it up tomorrow for sure. Now If Metro 2033 would find a price less than $39.99, I think it would be the last game I purchase for the year..[/QUOTE]

It's $35 on the website and with PowerUp and the 20% off and SAVER it should be around $26-27 including tax.

Just figured I'd bring it up.

[quote name='dablemont']Are they going to have another one soon? I'm not very familiar with the schedules on those deals and such...[/QUOTE]

Most years they do a B2G1 after Christmas on December 26th. I guess because a lot of kids have Christmas money to splurge on a bunch of games.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It's $35 on the website and with PowerUp and the 20% off and SAVER it should be around $26-27 including tax.

Just figured I'd bring it up.[/QUOTE]

sweet thanks man! I'm going to look into that for sure..

If I can find a store with 3 used copies of Front Mission, I might have some ammo for the future for BBV with my B2G1 coupon at GS!

Infinite Undiscovery is a great game for $8.99 if anyone is on the fence about it. It is second to Tales of Vesperia for me for this generation. I've played a decent amount of JRPGs this gen too :p

Quick note: Just Cause 2 is one of the games in the $20 trade-in promo towards recent releases, so I actually picked up a copy on 360 and PS3 (with store credit) for like $16 each and got $20 each credit for AC:Brotherhood.

My first tiny flip!

[quote name='Rozz']Unfortunately that is not always true. People on here have reported getting gut copies/re-sealed copies of games (with stickers magically under the shrink wrap)from GameStop.com in the past. An example was during a Street Fighter IV deal where many people got opened copies in the mail. I checked their status on a reseller ratings site as well and others have complained about the same thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='punkmaggit']That's actually not entirely true. I ordered a copy of Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces a while ago and they shipped me a gutted copy with the "new" sticker on the front of the case. I took that fucker right back to my local store and had them give me my money back.[/QUOTE]

So much for GS.com being a place where you can find new copies. :bomb:

Traded up from the 360 version ($4.00 trade in versus $16.19 before tax)

I didn't really care about the low trade in value as I bought the 360 version at Kmart for $5

have a B2G1 coupon...Might head in and pick up Just Cause 2 and Star Ocean...but the upcoming Power Saver Sale is making me question it...does anyone know if these are permanent price drops or temporary?

Hmmm, might go hunting for some Front Mission to transfer GS to BB credit.

Was able to find locally :ps3: Just Cause 2 and Front Mission

May try to return rebuy when the B2G1 kicks in next weekend (if its true).

edit: any chance for a complete list or at least the better ranked games that just got marked down? The local store still had the games marked at their old price, but they did ring up at the lower price, and they had no idea which games would ring up lower.

[quote name='PocariSweat']Star Ocean finally dropped. The price stayed elevated for a while. I stopped by and picked it up. 20% coupon + 10% PowerUp, I got it for $12.95[/QUOTE]

how did you get to use the 20% coupon in store??

[quote name='Rozz']Unfortunately that is not always true. People on here have reported getting gut copies/re-sealed copies of games (with stickers magically under the shrink wrap)from GameStop.com in the past. An example was during a Street Fighter IV deal where many people got opened copies in the mail. I checked their status on a reseller ratings site as well and others have complained about the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that just happened to me (really annoyed since I wasted a $10 off code specifically to get a factory sealed copy, not one which has been opened and resealed). Gamestop.com has no valid reason to sell gut copies (since they're an online service, they don't require a display copy like the b&m stores)

I'm definitely going to exchange or return it (I'm not even going to open it - for all I know, there could be a used game in there)

Is Just Cause 2 gonna stay that way til B2G1 and the 50% tradein? I really want to get it from Gamefly but Ill trade some stuff in towards since I need a World of Warcraft card anyways. Really want to play that game. I also have a 10$ off from GS that I could use to get Just Cause 2 for like 6-7$ bucks but would have to pay shipping.

A few other drops I noticed:
Borderlands xbox & PS3 $17.99
Fallout 3 xbox $14.99
Guitar Hero:Smash Hits xbox/PS3/Wii $14.99 NEW
Divinity 2 xbox $17.99 USED/ $19.99 NEW
I'm sure nobody cares about this, but I thought I would add it Crackdown 2 official Strategy guide $2.99

Got Star Ocean International PS3 for around $13 after powerup & extra 20% discount. Pristine condition too :hot:
This 20% off is a coupon in a kids activity booklet in stores. The booklet is supposed to be free with any E-rated game, but you can politely just ask for it if you are there. I got it while trading a game.
It has 2 more coupons, one for 20% off used accessories & other one for 40% extra TIV when traded towards some specific E rated games.
I believe all coupons are valid till Dec 09

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Got Star Ocean International PS3 for around $13 after powerup & extra 20% discount. Pristine condition too :hot:
This 20% off is a coupon in a kids activity booklet in stores. The booklet is supposed to be free with any E-rated game, but you can politely just ask for it if you are there. I got it while trading a game.
It has 2 more coupons, one for 20% off used accessories & other one for 40% extra TIV when traded towards some specific E rated games.
I believe all coupons are valid till Dec 09[/QUOTE]

Dec 09? Interesting, pictures of the discount book would be nice I never seen this in gamestop as I rarely check in...

[quote name='Survivalism']Buying from Gamestop and complaining your game is gutted is like putting your hand on the stove and complaining that it's hot.

Price drops for everything, you can sort by console at the side: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ns:variant.Price|101|1|,N:354

Some personal favorites - 360:
Rainbow Six Vegas - $3.99
Lost Planet - $4.99
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $5.99
Pure - $6.99
Fable 2 - $9.99
The Darkness - $2.99 (just buy it.)[/QUOTE]

those are two different things, next time open up your new game right in front of gamestop and ask if you can a full refund

everyone is hunting for front mission evolved but it is on sale for 19.99 brand new in store too so why not just spend 2 bucks more and get it new. I just picked up a copy

[quote name='Survivalism']Buying from Gamestop and complaining your game is gutted is like putting your hand on the stove and complaining that it's hot.

Price drops for everything, you can sort by console at the side: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ns:variant.Price|101|1|,N:354

Some personal favorites - 360:
Rainbow Six Vegas - $3.99
Lost Planet - $4.99
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $5.99
Pure - $6.99
Fable 2 - $9.99
The Darkness - $2.99 (just buy it.)[/QUOTE]

I have The Darrkness for the PS3 but would rather play with the 360 controller. For $3 I'll grab the 360 version.

In for Front Mission Evolved. Great price on it! Also picked up Conan on sale for $4.99.

just called and told them to hold their last front mission til i get there tomorrow morning. hopefully it's in complete condition. i need some trading fodder for the bbv sale and i hope this is still going for 22 there... if not i locked in 23 through gazelle for check and 25 bestbuy. woot thanx op!

[quote name='CaoPi']Dec 09? Interesting, pictures of the discount book would be nice I never seen this in gamestop as I rarely check in...[/QUOTE]

I can post a pic if someone tell me how to post a pic from my hard disk here. I have tried it in past but could not figure out :cry:

[quote name='Chris249942']Grabbed Nier in store, would've gotten it new but it was a gutted copy. Also

Nier NEW 15.99 (it may've been 14.99, can't remember)[/QUOTE]

I like the sound of this. Online the price is $29.99, but I'll have to check my local GS.

[quote name='plasmabeam']I like the sound of this. Online the price is $29.99, but I'll have to check my local GS.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Anyone else have any success getting the new copies at discounted prices?

My gamestop just ordered Star Ocean The Last Hope International edition NEW for $20.00(Online still says $49.99) It should come in on Wednesday :)

Looks like I'll finally bite on Star Ocean for PS3. I was deliberating picking up a new copy off Amazon for $30, so this was probably the easiest purchase I made this month.

I went by my local GS and they didn't have any new or used copies of SO in stock despite the website saying it did. I'll check the one in the mall tomorrow and hopefully have better luck.

[quote name='angelfly']I went by my local GS and they didn't have any new or used copies of SO in stock despite the website saying it did. I'll check the one in the mall tomorrow and hopefully have better luck.[/QUOTE]

Call them first. That's what I do.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Call them first. That's what I do.[/QUOTE]

You might want to call them like XIII said, the online inventory isn't accurate. I had them check their system in store to check the other gamestop's to confirm their inventory status.

I've found the online tracker to be fairly accurate. It's updated every morning at 8AM so if you call at 6PM it may have sold out.

There are instances of cases/games being stolen by customers or even employees so that can also be why things are listed as in stock but aren't.

notice couple games for cheap new now
all new

star ocean 4 ps3 /xbox $20
just cause 2 $20
bayonetta $20
front mission $20
ninja gaiden sigma 2 $20

pretty much all the used games that's $18 is new $20 and couple other drops instore only

Last edited by a moderator:
Or use the pick up at store option. I sent in a request this morning and 3 minutes later they emailed back saying gran turismo 5 is available to pick up.

got lucky and got a pristine condition used copy and the stickers came right off and a new $20 copy of front mission. and then my bbv was barren of any goods. oh well. ill play this for a few weeks and tiv to gazelle for 24 amazon credit. woot

bread's done
Back