Gamestop is a business. You have the choice to shop there.

[quote name='Hey_its_a_good_day']If you don't like them, don't shop there. So many annoying threads on the same crap![/QUOTE]

If you dont like the threads dont read them?

[quote name='Hey_its_a_good_day']If you don't like them, don't shop there. So many annoying threads on the same crap![/quote]

I agree people need to stop posting threads about that store chain....

[quote name='Hey_its_a_good_day']If you don't like them, don't shop there. So many annoying threads on the same crap![/quote]

Yet you just posted another one...thanks! :applause:

what are you like a GS district manager or something?

Internet aside, if you don't live on the west coast, you don't have much of a choice. Consider this. You want some relatively older titles for the systems they do carry. Obviously regular retail chains aren't going to carry them since they don't specialize in gaming. So there goes the option of going to other stores. GameStop's the only gaming retail chain on the east coast. So there goes the option of going to any other store that specializes in games as they're all owned by GameStop here. So now the ONLY other option is going to a flea market and HOPING you find what you're looking for. That and you have to factor in a few things if you do find it off of someone:

1) Is the item in working condition?
2) Is the item in decent looking condition?
3) Is the item perhaps a bootleg?
4) How low will they charge me?
5) How high will they charge me?

So there's a little more risk involved there. When factoring in the 'net, you gotta add in "Is this person reliable?" "Will they overcharge on shipping?" "Will they be sure to send it to the right address?"

Now, that aside, yes GameStop is a business. HOWEVER, as customers, we DO have a right to say we don't like how they're running it. If customers aren't pleased, they do have a right to criticism and they do have a right to say that change is needed. Not only the customers, but the employees as well. Like the customers, the employees also get shit on as well. They too have a right to say they don't like how things are run and they do have a right to feel change is needed.

Considering GameStop is known for pulling crap out of their hats, and this IS the Shopping Discussion forum, I'd say it's perfectly fine for anyone to state what the hell they don't like about some of the recent goings of GameStop.

But hey! DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T GO! LOL

Like mentioned before me, the same logic can be said about this thread. Don't like reading about GameStop? Don't read it. That simple.

What happened to the Customer always being right?

Gamestop only has to make a few small policy chnages that will cost them nothing, yet it would make soo many gamers happy.

- Dont accept incomplete games for trade in. And if you do, set their used price at LESS than the complete version.

- Stop putting stickers directly onto the spine/insert of the game.

- Stop selling opened/used games as new. Dont gut new games to make display boxes.

- Go back and look at what EB's website used to be like before the merger. Make your website exactly like that.

- Lay off with the hardsell on your ripoff extended warranties and trade ins. This is not the store clerks fault, its corporates.

do all those things and complaints would drop by 80%.

[quote name='Hey_its_a_good_day']If you don't like them, don't shop there. So many annoying threads on the same crap![/QUOTE]

Blow me.

[quote name='Tsukento']Internet aside, if you don't live on the west coast, you don't have much of a choice. Consider this. You want some relatively older titles for the systems they do carry. Obviously regular retail chains aren't going to carry them since they don't specialize in gaming. So there goes the option of going to other stores. GameStop's the only gaming retail chain on the east coast. So there goes the option of going to any other store that specializes in games as they're all owned by GameStop here. So now the ONLY other option is going to a flea market and HOPING you find what you're looking for. That and you have to factor in a few things if you do find it off of someone:

1) Is the item in working condition?
2) Is the item in decent looking condition?
3) Is the item perhaps a bootleg?
4) How low will they charge me?
5) How high will they charge me?

So there's a little more risk involved there. When factoring in the 'net, you gotta add in "Is this person reliable?" "Will they overcharge on shipping?" "Will they be sure to send it to the right address?"

Now, that aside, yes GameStop is a business. HOWEVER, as customers, we DO have a right to say we don't like how they're running it. If customers aren't pleased, they do have a right to criticism and they do have a right to say that change is needed. Not only the customers, but the employees as well. Like the customers, the employees also get shit on as well. They too have a right to say they don't like how things are run and they do have a right to feel change is needed.

Considering GameStop is known for pulling crap out of their hats, and this IS the Shopping Discussion forum, I'd say it's perfectly fine for anyone to state what the hell they don't like about some of the recent goings of GameStop.

But hey! DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T GO! LOL

Like mentioned before me, the same logic can be said about this thread. Don't like reading about GameStop? Don't read it. That simple.[/quote]

I can agree to some degree. Im in Wisconsin right outside of Milwaukee and we do have little options like Gamecrazy but they are no better than Eb/Gamestop in my opinion and small shops that usually over charge for games.. For the most part your are right if there is something you want that is older you almost have no choice.. I have not been there in over a month but as much as I dislike the place I still go there from time to time to look for older titles.. I think those stores get better once you get to know the people.. I usually loot the $9.99 and under bin and they will let me take inserts from other boxes and manuals to make a complete copy with a decent case but the discs well thats always a 50/50 shot...

Ah well they are not going anywhere soon so people have to deal with it or just not shop there....

CAG is a message board. You have the choice to read these threads.

If you don't like GS bashing threads, don't fucking read them.

[quote name='Apossum']A taco is food. You have the choice to eat it.[/quote]

I just checked the CAG wiki and it doesn't say what GS or EB gives for a used taco w/ case & manual. Does anyone have that price?

Newbies do not have a$$holes and should not be entitled to opinions such as those expressed by the OP.

BTW,
ibtl.gif

I use to love shopping at GS and EB but recently thier pricing structure and quality of used games condition is horrible.

I find Gamecrazy has better game values on used games.

I have not bouhgt from a GS in about 6 months, I use to buy from them weekly.

[quote name='jagwire1141']I just checked the CAG wiki and it doesn't say what GS or EB gives for a used taco w/ case & manual. Does anyone have that price?[/QUOTE]

I tried to trade in 2 new tacos, they called me a thief and told me to leave the store....so I puked up a third into the magazine rack....but they wouldn't give me the bonus (3 tacos = extra scratched up game disk)...

[quote name='loserboy']I tried to trade in 2 new tacos, they called me a thief and told me to leave the store....so I puked up a third into the magazine rack....but they wouldn't give me the bonus (3 tacos = extra scratched up game disk)...[/quote]

That is covered in the terms of that deal

"All Taco's must be presented complete with their original glitter"

[quote name='loserboy']I tried to trade in 2 new tacos, they called me a thief and told me to leave the store....so I puked up a third into the magazine rack....but they wouldn't give me the bonus (3 tacos = extra scratched up game disk)...[/quote]

Were they still sealed? I might just throw it on my trade list and see if I get any biters.

gamestop sometimes have good deals to take advantage off the $5 of any PSP game a few wks back with an edge card was a prety good deal.

On the other hand if the cases and manual are greasy, smelly (not that I smell them) :lol:, the discs might as well be!

[quote name='jagwire1141']Were they still sealed? I might just throw it on my trade list and see if I get any biters.[/QUOTE]

I've got some tacos still sealed in their original, factory, non-gh, dried out and crusty guacamole. I'm thinking of ebaying them.

Why? These threads are informative. People need to know what to watch out for. If you don't want than then you either

A). Work for Gamestop
B). Are a dick.

if you'd like to be hated in this community, you open threads like these.

as i mentioned on the other thread, if you were reading it, we were clearly just making a point about gamestop's ridiculous pricing. we never said we would buy em at that price. everyone has every right to rant about the way they do business because they play a major role in this industry. if they don't polish their acts their pockets are going to pay for the mistakes. im sure the better business bureau gets bombed by complaints about this company.

instead of using your fingers doing all the work, try to let your brain do it sometimes, maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

[quote name='CaoPi']gamestop sometimes have good deals to take advantage off the $5 of any PSP game a few wks back with an edge card was a prety good deal.

On the other hand if the cases and manual are greasy, smelly (not that I smell them) :lol:, the discs might as well be![/quote]

Smelly manuals and cases @ Gamestop? You don't say!!!! They only take in the highest quality crap around here, only stuff that has undetermined brown and yellow stains on the case, artwork and manual, so I wouldn't DARE take a whiff of those.

Then again, when I do find myself unfortunate enough to want something from them, I check everything thoroughly. If the case/manual/insert is sticky or otherwise not in great shape, I pass.

Smart consumers are NOT Gamestop's bread and butter, it's the self absorbed soccer moms yapping on their celly from the moment they fall out of their big SUVs and drag the lil whiney brats into the store behind them that are their prime targets.

But, the OP does deserve a round of applause, for contributing exactly what Gamestop does to the game market, which is a big, fat ZERO(nothing)!!

:applause:

[quote name='Puffa469']What happened to the Customer always being right?[/quote]

Anyone who has ever worked in retail can tell you that the customer is NOT always right. Frequently, they are completely wrong, HOWEVER, they are still the customer. If you don't take care of them, then someone else will. Its that simple.

TBW

my gamestop rocks, its only like a month old and the people there are cool as hell. the manager Rafe, is pretty awesome with helping you with everything. so i like it. and i love taco's, especially from the roach coach. yummy! but a price for a taco is 1.50.

i never shop at gamestop anymore after i finally made a trip to gamecrazy i was like why the hell did i ever go to rapestop?
the employee are all cool there and they dont beg me to do pre-orders or get a warranty and the trade-in values are so much better. recommendation guys go to gamecrazy.com and check if there is one near you.

I'll bitch all I want about them and nobody will stop me.

I only shop there to screw them over on trade in deals. I need to get a picture of the absurd amount of harvest moon DS's that my store has. They've started keeping them behind the counter..

The best thing to do is exploit things like the $5 Gunpeys and Harvest Moons and only use it on new merch. They profit the least, and are likely to never profit on the shitty merchandise they're getting in return.

I just realized somethin'. Define "free rentals." I'm willing to guess that means getting to try out actual merchandise from the store, especially new stuff and slap it back in the cases when done and trying to pass them off as still being new, right?

he probably meant "you can take the game home, and return it when done... for free."

but wow for 25% off on used... you only get 10% off on used for like what a dollar for edge cards? :lol:

[quote name='Tsukento']I just realized somethin'. Define "free rentals." I'm willing to guess that means getting to try out actual merchandise from the store, especially new stuff and slap it back in the cases when done and trying to pass them off as still being new, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You are correct, I rarely check out new games though, most of my check out's are used stuff. But that doesn't mean I don't check out new stuff. When Gears came out I had to work that night so I wasn't able to buy my copy since I was the only manager working so I checked out my copy so I could play it, then bought it 2 days later.

[quote name='topnotch97']he probably meant "you can take the game home, and return it when done... for free."

but wow for 25% off on used... you only get 10% off on used for like what a dollar for edge cards? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have a free edge card. And we get 15% off new stuff and 15% off used systems.

[quote name='davo1224']You atleast need SOME incentives to work in a shithole like that I guess[/QUOTE]

The only way it's shithole is if asshole customers come in, but we always put them in their place. Well the store I work at.

I feel bad for the people who live around shitty GS/EB's.

I haven't even seen the threads being referenced, but I wanted the Bioshock LE and I had no choice but to buy it at GameStop, or not get it at all..

By the way, I went into a Gamestop in Sunnyvale the other day, on Steven's Creek Blvd. and that is the most shoddy business I have ever stepped foot into in my life. I think if GS corporate HQ saw that place they would be shocked. It was like a thrift store inside, and a badly organized one at that. Not to mention that it was an hour before closing and they had all the lights turned out and were already vacuuming the floor around the customers. Not really directly related to the subject of this thread I suppose, but it was pretty amazing. I can't even explain how bad it was, anyone who lives near there probably knows what I'm talking about. It seemed like it belonged in a third world country.

bread's done
Back