Gamestop is weak

PaP3rKuT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
searched the gamestop.com site for rez and found a copy at a store 20 miles away from me but the problem is that i am not in the country right now, so i had to tell my gf to pick it up for me. So today she went in and asked for rez but the guy told her to come back in a couple of hours since he couldnt go in the backroom to check. After a couple of hours has passed she went back in to ask the guy to check again, then he tells her that the game should be here on the 21st and later gave her some excuse about not being able to sell the used games that some1 just traded in for (has to hold it for 30 days). i think that is lame if you dont want to sell the game dont tell them to come back in a couple of hours and then tell them that they cant sell it and is expecting another copy of rez on the 21st of august.

What a retard. Just tell the damn truth so the GF could go home or something. I would never want to piss women off.

[quote name='Scorch']Call the district manager.. what a joke of an employee[/QUOTE]

she was telling me that the guy seem to be a manager since she notice that every employee had to talk to him before doing a transaction...so i dont know wats up wit that gamestop...maybe he wants the game? i'm not mad about not being able to pick up the game but the fact that my gf had to wait there for a couple of hours just for them to tell her to come back on the 21st

[quote name='PaP3rKuT']she was telling me that the guy seem to be a manager since she notice that every employee had to talk to him before doing a transaction...so i dont know wats up wit that gamestop...maybe he wants the game? i'm not mad about not being able to pick up the game but the fact that my gf had to wait there for a couple of hours just for them to tell her to come back on the 21st[/QUOTE]

They don't have to wait. I'm one of the few people here who likes gamestop (don't really like eb), and I do almost all my offline game shopping there. Never heard of that. I've grabbed things that I saw the customer bring in to sell, I've grabbed things next to the counter that had came in an hour or so earlier and were about to put out and other things like that. Only once did I ever see a game they wouldn't sell (this was probably 4 years or so ago), and at least they were honest. There was a bunch of recently traded snes games on the counter and I asked about them, he said most of them were going to be kept by the manager. They weren't even priced yet though, so it's not like I found it and then they took it.

Honestly, I think she was told that BS because she was a girl, they always get ridiculous stories to brush them off, especially in male dominated industries (video games, sports cards etc.).

I have only heard of having to hold items for 30 days at pawn shops, never have I heard a EB/Gamestop having this policy. It was utterly dick of him to have her wait 2 hours just to tell her no go. It also shouldn't be in the system if it's not for sale. That's just crappy.

The hold for 30 days is true for gamestores. Some stores in 'bad areas' are required to, as well as take fingerprints when trading in item. Its part of the JUS program. Also, don't ever take the GameStop locator as the truth either. The game may be instock, but could be on hold, defective, or not even there.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I have only heard of having to hold items for 30 days at pawn shops, never have I heard a EB/Gamestop having this policy. It was utterly dick of him to have her wait 2 hours just to tell her no go. It also shouldn't be in the system if it's not for sale. That's just crappy.[/QUOTE]

I have heard of this 30 day rule happening down in Florida (?) after some women sued EB because her PS2 and games were stolen, traded in at a local EB, and was told she would have to rebuy the merchandise (although probably at a discount, most likely what EB paid for the items) instead of just having them handed back to her.

Actually, some stores do keep their items for a certain time (I think it's required by law, varies by state) due to theft.

Like, if someone stole a game and then trade it in, the store would be required to keep it for a week or something incase it was reported stolen at which time the store would have to return it if its proven that the copy that was traded in was infact one that was stolen.

But making her wait first and then saying he couldn't sell it is crap. Call the DM and complain, that's your best bet.

[quote name='Scahom1']I have heard of this 30 day rule happening down in Florida (?) after some women sued EB because her PS2 and games were stolen, traded in at a local EB, and was told she would have to rebuy the merchandise (although probably at a discount, most likely what EB paid for the items) instead of just having them handed back to her.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Systems are usually held to this 30 day rule more often as they have trackable serial #'s while games are impossible to identify (unless you wrote you're name on it). Some stores break the 30 day law on the games....but it varys. Most likley the employee was telling the truthabout the 30 days and failed to mention it to you're girlfriend.

Well fancy that. You learn soemthing new every day. But gamestops locator is a really flawed system, I never trust that thing and always call ahead (which can be a downfall cause it alerts the employees of rare games). Live and learn I guess.

[quote name='gizmogc']Bingo. Systems are usually held to this 30 day rule more often as they have trackable serial #'s while games are impossible to identify (unless you wrote you're name on it). Some stores break the 30 day law on the games....but it varys. Most likley the employee was telling the truthabout the 30 days and failed to mention it to you're girlfriend.[/QUOTE]

Actually, for games, there are two ways I believe. If you identify it correctly (of course, it was to have some kind of trait unique from other games, like a mark or your name as gizmogc said) and you haven't been in the store since it was traded in. The second way is if the theif admits to what he traded in and where he traded it, which is much easier.

Otherwise, no dice...

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Well fancy that. You learn soemthing new every day. But gamestops locator is a really flawed system, I never trust that thing and always call ahead (which can be a downfall cause it alerts the employees of rare games). Live and learn I guess.[/QUOTE]

well the gamestop locator has worked wonders for me as i have picked up a gitaroo man and a suikoden 2 with it and yes i have tried calling for both games just to check but both times they said they havent seen it. i think sometimes they are just too lazy to check anything and usually say we dont have it.

[quote name='PaP3rKuT']well the gamestop locator has worked wonders for me as i have picked up a gitaroo man and a suikoden 2 with it and yes i have tried calling for both games just to check but both times they said they havent seen it. i think sometimes they are just too lazy to check anything and usually say we dont have it.[/QUOTE]

Their computer system is a POS and they probably can't check.

Yeah i'd saying gaming stores, from my experience, seem to have assholes as employees more often than other stores I shop at, but i guess YAMV(A=assholishness).

[quote name='Roufuss']Their computer system is a POS and they probably can't check.[/QUOTE]

They can't check actual inventory availablity via the POS (that's actually what it's called, Point-Of-Sale) system; they actually have to check the physical stock. But, if you're calling in regards to hard-to-find games like Rez and the Suikodens, don't be alarmed when they immediately know whether or not they have it. It's not something that doesn't get noticed coming in.

I have a guy who calls every week asking for MvC2 on PS2, and I never check the inventory, because I'd be aware if we had it.

One thing I forgot to mention: you probably could've avoided a lot of trouble by having your g/f call before going. If they still had it, should could've asked them to hold it for an hour until she gets there.

Or if your GF was hot, if should would have flashed her boobies, you may have already had the game (and if so, import the vibrator accessory for her).

[quote name='gizmogc']Or if your GF was hot, if should would have flashed her boobies, you may have already had the game (and if so, import the vibrator accessory for her).[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Vinny']One thing I forgot to mention: you probably could've avoided a lot of trouble by having your g/f call before going. If they still had it, should could've asked them to hold it for an hour until she gets there.[/QUOTE]

well like i said early, i had called for a couple of games such as suikoden 2 and gitaroo man to two different gs both of them said they didnt have it in but when i went in to check, i came back out wit a copy of suikoden 2 and gitaroo man, so i thought it woudl be useless to call because most likely they probably wouldnt want to check unless u go into the store

[quote name='gizmogc']Or if your GF was hot, if should would have flashed her boobies, you may have already had the game (and if so, import the vibrator accessory for her).[/QUOTE]

maybe...ill tell her to go back tomorrow and have her flash that guy and maybe she will come back out wit the game hehe

The holding policy is applicable at one of my gamestop's regarding consoles because a lot of kids bring in stolen shit.

It's pretty crazy. I'd say stolen paraphenalia comes in at least once every two days.

bread's done
Back