Gamestop jackpot?

Lord Draconus777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Well, I kind of felt disapointed, as my gamestop's didn't have anything noteworthy for the B2G1 sale a couple weeks ago. The only games I got from the sale they had 2 weeks ago were Soul Calibur 2, Devil May Cry, and the crown of the haul, a mint Persona. But alas, I felt sort of disapointed.

So, I called gamestop today to see if they still had the trade 3 for $10 extra deal, and they did. So I scooped 2 games from my brothers pile, and one game that I picked up cheap from mine (Haven, $5, crappy game). I got $13.02 total from the games, +$10 from the promotion, so with that, I decided to look around. I immediatly went to the PSX games section, though with little thought of actually finding something good. Lo and behold, I saw a box for Arc the Lad Collection just looking right at me, for $30 no less. So, I took the box in hand, and decided to look around for anything else. They had 2 snes RPG's, Dragon View for $5 and Lord of the Rings for $9, but I passed as I didn't think they were worthy investments. I looked elsewhere in the store, but saw nothing. So, I went to the counter, with the thought that there was no way Arc the Lad came with even the manual. I was wrong, it came with the manual alright, as well as the case that had all the goodies intact. The case that held the games was also in very nice condition, and the CD holders weren't at all worn.

My total? $31.77. With my discount card, it came down to $28.61. Then, with my credit, which I paid next to none for in the past, it came down to $5.59. I happened to have $.59 in change, so I ended up paying $5 for the entire collection. Not bad if I do say so myself.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']... it came down to $5.59. I happened to have $.59 in change, so I ended up paying $5 for the entire collection. Not bad if I do say so myself.[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure how having $.59 counts as a discount.

Still a nice find for ya though.

Heh, it wasn't my $.59, it was my brother's.

I think that if anything, this proves that Gamestop employees don't always horde rare games. Arc the Lad was waiting out in the open to be picked up, and on the same shelf, I saw Grandia and Vandal Hearts, as well as a slew of other rarities (Legend of Mana I believe).

Yeah, GameStop is great. I've found some real treasures there over the years. Just yesterday, I went to return a game I didn't want. When I walked in, one of the guys working there said he had something I'll probably want. Then he pulls out a mint copy of Resident Evil 3 for the GameCube. My RE collection is now complete. And last weekend, at another GS, I scored a mint 10 outta 10 copy of Dragon Warrior VII.

Great find with the Arc Collection. That one is hard to come by in good condition.

[quote name='hohndog']Yeah, GameStop is great. I've found some real treasures there over the years.[/QUOTE]

Same here!

Over the years, I've scored Klonoa, Tomba, Suikoden 1 and 2, Guilty Gear, I've seen multiple copies of Valkyrie Profile (I own it already), Einhander, Intelligent Qube, and a copy of Tactics Ogre I passed up because I was broke at the time =/

Got them all in perfect condition, for at least half the cost of Ebay... Gamestop has been real nice to me. Lately, pickings have been slim though.

That trade in sale is nice though... had enough credit to get Digital Devil Saga for free from trading in 6 crappy xbox launch games, and I'm hitting up another store with more to snag Stella Deus and King of Fighters 2002 / 2003.

[quote name='hohndog']Yeah, GameStop is great. I've found some real treasures there over the years. [/QUOTE]

True that. I've managed to find:

Suikoden I x2
Suikoden II
Disgaea x2
Shin Megemi Tensei LE
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition

I bought the above list with some other games during the last two B2G1 free deals. All were complete and at least excellent condition. I'm more than happy with Gamestop.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777'] They had 2 snes RPG's, Dragon View for $5 and Lord of the Rings for $9, but I passed as I didn't think they were worthy investments. [/QUOTE]

Video games are never worthy investments. Buy rare games because you like to collect them or play them. If you want to make money, put it in some sort of index fund or something like that.

But congrats on your find!

[quote name='Backlash']Video games are never worthy investments. Buy rare games because you like to collect them or play them. If you want to make money, put it in some sort of index fund or something like that.

But congrats on your find![/QUOTE]

LOTR for 9?.. that game blew.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Well, I kind of felt disapointed, as my gamestop's didn't have anything noteworthy for the B2G1 sale a couple weeks ago. The only games I got from the sale they had 2 weeks ago were Soul Calibur 2, Devil May Cry, and the crown of the haul, a mint Persona. But alas, I felt sort of disapointed.

So, I called gamestop today to see if they still had the trade 3 for $10 extra deal, and they did. So I scooped 2 games from my brothers pile, and one game that I picked up cheap from mine (Haven, $5, crappy game). I got $13.02 total from the games, +$10 from the promotion, so with that, I decided to look around. I immediatly went to the PSX games section, though with little thought of actually finding something good. Lo and behold, I saw a box for Arc the Lad Collection just looking right at me, for $30 no less. So, I took the box in hand, and decided to look around for anything else. They had 2 snes RPG's, Dragon View for $5 and Lord of the Rings for $9, but I passed as I didn't think they were worthy investments. I looked elsewhere in the store, but saw nothing. So, I went to the counter, with the thought that there was no way Arc the Lad came with even the manual. I was wrong, it came with the manual alright, as well as the case that had all the goodies intact. The case that held the games was also in very nice condition, and the CD holders weren't at all worn.

My total? $31.77. With my discount card, it came down to $28.61. Then, with my credit, which I paid next to none for in the past, it came down to $5.59. I happened to have $.59 in change, so I ended up paying $5 for the entire collection. Not bad if I do say so myself.[/QUOTE]

lol, since we are in a bragging thread, hows this.... thanks to the infamous gamecrazy sale i picked this up in great condition including all the goodies for 5 bucks. hehe. dont cry.

nice find. gamestop always has ways on taking more money out of our pockets by throwing us those hard to find games once in a while. i remember finding resident evil 2 around 6-8 months ago for 29.99 and it was mint.

bread's done
Back