Gamestop Labor Day Savings - $5 off NEW & Used over $49.99

DaDeuce

CAGiversary!
Searched and didn't see this anywhere.

Apparently Gamestop is having a $5 off sale for labor Day. Use coupon code LABORDAY5 at checkout. Here's the link for those interested: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/stopwatch/stopwatch.aspx

Downside is apparently the Saver coupon for free shipping doesn't work, so that will kill the deal for most. However I do have a question, if you choose in store pick up are you still charged shipping? And if you pre-order will you be able to pick it up on the day of release? I'd love to be able to pre-order LBP, Gears 2, or Resistance 2 for $5 off, but the shipping kills the deal if thats the case.

No shipping costs for picking up in store - The website acts more of a liaison between the buyer and the store to coordinate the preorder. Saves the consumer time/gas and allows the store to secure yet another sale from consumers who may not've ordered/pre-ordered from there otherwise.

Yes, you can pick up the game on the day of release.......... Gamestop will charge your credit card $5.00 if you do not pick it up for a restocking fee........

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, apparently this has no limit as I just added 6 games to my cart and its taken $5 off all of them.

[quote name='DaDeuce']Will I be able to pick up the game on release day though if I pre-order through the website?[/quote]

This is the message I get when trying to use the coupon with in-store pickup.

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:LABORDAY5 - $5 off any new or used title $49.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers or promotions. Limit one per customer.

clear.gif

Edit: Coupon works fine if I ship.

[quote name='dchrisd']Does not stack with CAG16 (extra 16% off).[/QUOTE]

Obviously, as CAG16 is only for used games/accessories. ;)

bread's done
Back