GameStop Launches "The Deal" - Grand Theft Auto IV (360-Used) $20 Before Discounts

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-r=5198]8491[/IMG-r]GameStop has launched a new daily deal promotion, aptly named "The Deal". In addition to a daily sale, this new section of the site acts as a hub for "other price drops, bonus offers and weekly ad specials."

Today's deal is Grand Theft Auto IV (360-Used) for $19.99.

Use coupon code CAG16 and your Edge card to save an additional 16% and 10%. Code SAVER provides free shipping on orders over $25.

GameStop now offers select used games with case and manual, and this is one of them. "This is a pre-owned game that has been handpicked to be in the best condition and is guaranteed to have the original art and instructions."

:360: Grand Theft Auto IV (360-USED) $19.99 - GameStop's The Deal

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasted my $10 on Fallout 3 Collectors Edition for PC, and CRYSIS Deluxe Edition, finally a reason to go NVIDIA SLI. Now to have the Fed Government pay for my PC upgrade with some Stimulus money. Bceause a PC with SLI graphics save power and is more energy efficient, at eat thats what I'll put on the form, its the FED Government 50% they will buy it.

[quote name='Master Ninja']I wasted my $10 on Fallout 3 Collectors Edition for PC, and CRYSIS Deluxe Edition, finally a reason to go NVIDIA SLI. Now to have the Fed Government pay for my PC upgrade with some Stimulus money. Bceause a PC with SLI graphics save power and is more energy efficient, at eat thats what I'll put on the form, its the FED Government 50% they will buy it.[/QUOTE]

i have no idea what you just said there. it looks interesting, but gibberish. can you perhaps retype that using English grammar rules? please?

[quote name='Doomed']Which is better, Saint's Row 2 or GTAIV? I haven't played either one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='killer9']grand theft auto 4 by a long shot[/QUOTE]

The opposite of this, IMO. GTAIV is a much more polished game obviously, but from having played both, Saints Row 2 was infinitely more fun to play. That's just my 2 cents anyway.

[quote name='Doomed']Which is better, Saint's Row 2 or GTAIV? I haven't played either one.[/QUOTE]

Saint's row 2 by far, the characters are far more interesting the anyone in gta4 and you can create the look of your own main character plus the gameplay is much funnier the gta4.You can't car surf in gta4 or hose poop on buldings.

GTA is definitely a much better game overall, SR2 is just stupid fun, but definitely fun.

Wow... Gamestop seems like they're actually trying to reach out to our demographic. Well, if their intention was to get us paying more attention to gamestop's site, mission accomplished. I know I'll be checking daily if they keep it up.

Gamestop has has some pretty horrible business practices in the past, but if they're gonna throw deals my way I feel that it is my duty as a CAG to not hold a grudge. They may never be Amazon, but this is a good step in the right direction.

let me put it this way... I've finished Saint's Row 2. GTA has the production value, but Saint's Row is fun.

Rockstar took the GTA series off in a different direction this time. They ditched many of the side missions you could do in San Andreas(trucking, paramedic,etc) and left in only a very limited vigilante mode.

Saint's Row 2, on the other hand, has ALL of the modes that GTA is missing this time around and then some.

But if you loved all of the micromanagement crap(including girlfriends)in San Andreas, then you'll LOVE GTA IV since now you can shoot pool and do other activities with in-game friends.

Biggest issue I personally had with GTAIV versus San Andreas was the fact that they took away the parachute you could use to base jump, yet they made more than half of the city in GTA 4 loaded with skyscrapers.

Saint's Row 2 has base jumping and a ton of other fun things to do. Steer clear of GTA IV at all costs, since it has little replay value for the single player experience after you trudge through the story.

Nice to see even Gamestop get in on the (better) daily deals like Amazon has. Better for consumers, but may be worse for your wallet after many impulse buys

[quote name='jrhawk42']let me put it this way... I've finished Saint's Row 2. GTA has the production value, but Saint's Row is fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat.

Another point worth making is that SR2 took the already fun formula of the first game and improved on it in every conceivable way.

On the other hand, after experiencing sandbox bliss in GTA:SA, GTAIV felt like a very significant step back in terms of the amount it allowed you to do. What you could do, it handled very well, but after San Andreas, IV was just a let down in almost every way. I hope Rockstar gives us another SA-like experience for the next one.

[quote name='killer9']I still say gta 4 is miles better than the horrible saints row franchise its a horrible clone of gta[/QUOTE]

Have you played Saints Row?

SR is only a horrible clone of GTA if you think that every clone of GTA is horrible. There are some pretty terrible GTA clones, and I don't think it's a stretch at all to call the Saints Row series the best of the bunch.

This is only anecdotal, but from what I've observed reviewers liked GTAIV better, but most gamers I've talked to preferred SR2.

[quote name='RCS0926']The GS Deal that's showing up now is Fallout 3 (PS3) for $27.99.[/QUOTE]

Already pointed that out here:

[quote name='zeb06']The html link for GTA4 19.99 in the OP is a link to Fallout 3 PS3 27.99 now....however, searching for it still says GTA4 in stock used for 19.99 here -> http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75320[/QUOTE]

So the deal is still good so far...they just are not outright advertising it now.

I got the mario galaxy deal a while back - these were also supposed to be 'handpicked' blah blah blah - mine looked like it was handpicked off of the warehouse floor, disc was in what I would consider average quality at best, many many small scratches. I took it back and made them give me a new used disc.

This is just so everyone knows what handpicked might mean...

Wanna see how they get hand picked?

vick_chewed_cards_sff_wxs201_20070823192957.jpg

But seriously tho, after some interactions ordering from GameStop I'd rather verify it's quality in the store.

They're not lying when they say hand picked, someone's hand has to pick a copy to package up ;) I've had a mixed bag with GS.com, some have been complete while others were disk only. However, is it just me or do the cases feel "worn" Not a general wear, but extened wear, maybe its just how they store them, but every case I've gotten has really gotten some wear on it, may it be scuff marks or those ripples from stretching/heat. Disks have generally been ok, it seems like many of the disks I get have been rebuffed, you can occassionally see the stickers they put with the "Send back to warehouse - referb" or things like that. Others seem like they havent been touched since traded in by the mother of a 10 year old, so YMMV =X

So, it looks like The Deal changes daily at noon est. Does anyone know if this is the time the rest of the website's prices update as well?

[quote name='CheapyD']So, it looks like The Deal changes daily at noon est. Does anyone know if this is the time the rest of the website's prices update as well?[/QUOTE]

I always thought it was 8am EST since thats when the store avaliability changes. Or at least thats what it says

So is this always going to be used games?

[quote name='bizarrorollins']so no RSS feed for their deal page? well thats a hassle.[/QUOTE]

That would be handy. I just double checked though, and I don't think Amazon has that either. I've got a recurring event set up in my calendar to check Amazon daily :whistle2:D

[quote name='bvharris']Have you played Saints Row?
This is only anecdotal, but from what I've observed reviewers liked GTAIV better, but most gamers I've talked to preferred SR2.[/QUOTE]

I know Cheapy and a lot of others love Saints Row (and it's even developed near here, which is cool), but personally I hated the demo for the first one so much I'd never try another in the series (well...maybe, MAYBE a demo). To me it was like a thugish GTA with awesome graphics, but completely missing the humor GTA has. (EDIT: And I should note I won't play GTA either anymore, but I'd try 4 out long before I'd try Saint's Row 2...though I'll probably never play either.)

I picked GTA4 up last week sometime when it was $20 (new) at Fry's. It's a good game, but I still had a lot more fun with Saint's Row 2 (which was a big improvement over Saint's Row 1). The car handling in GTA4 takes a lot of getting used to, and once you experience the checkpoint system in SR2, playing the same mission over and over in GTA4 because you died right at the end due to the shitty cover system becomes much more annoying.

Now it's 25% off on all used games using coupon code DEAL25U. However it says there is only one discount per order and only one code is allowed at checkout.

i experimented with it and added 5 games adding to $40 and applied the discount. it gave me 25% off for all 5 and the total became $30, so yes you can use this on multiple used games

got street fighter 4 and gta 4 today gta 4 has tons of stickers all over the case but it looks to be in excellent condition disc anyway it has manual and map

Fallout is still $27 online and $40 B&M.. If you use the 25% and edge it comes out to just under $19 before shipping. With Condemned 2 (another online only deal - $10 online, $17 B&M) It's $25 and change, but it looks like Saver doesn't stack. Too bad. Would have jumped on those games at that price.

:edit: I got SAVER to work at checkout somehow without Condemned 2? Weird, but it looks like Fallout 3 is $20.40 shipped (tax included). On second thought, now that I think of it, it might be smarter to wait for the GOTY. Good deal either way though.

I am pretty wary of ordering online with Gamestop's used games (handpicked, my foot!). I got a few copies of games that had stickers saying "Defective Merchandise" on them. I am assuming they should have removed those before sending them to me. One disc looked fine, the other wouldn't play. Go figure.

While it's true you can always return/swap in stores, it's still sad that they haven't really done much to improve this. I would buy a LOT more from them if they had half the quality that companies like e-Starland do. Their items look almost 100% mint every time. For the record, I shop a lot at Gamestop, just don't buy many of their used games online (even when the deals are exceptional).

I got GTA today in the mail, fast shipping for Saver, but I was severely disappointed with the quality of this "hand picked" game thats supposedly in the "best condition". This game is the worst conditioned used game I have the pleasure of owning. There is food stains all over the manual and the disc appears to have countless little tiny scratches all over it. The case itself looks like it was left out in the sun or something, its all faded and warped. Also, there is a sticker that has been covered up that I'm pretty sure says something about it being defective. Just wanted to warn everybody about Gamestop's definition of "handpicked" and "best condition." There description of the quality of the game is extremely misleading and outright deceptive. The inclusion of a stained manual and beat up box doesn't equate to best condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='caltab']I got GTA today in the mail, fast shipping for Saver, but I was severely disappointed with the quality of this "hand picked" game thats supposedly in the "best condition". This game is the worst conditioned used game I have the pleasure of owning. There is food stains all over the manual and the disc appears to have countless little tiny scratches all over it. The case itself looks like it was left out in the sun or something, its all faded and warped. Also, there is a sticker that has been covered up that I'm pretty sure says something about it being defective. Just wanted to warn everybody about Gamestop's definition of "handpicked" and "best condition." There description of the quality of the game is extremely misleading and outright deceptive. The inclusion of a stained manual and beat up box doesn't equate to best condition.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. Go down to a local store and swap it out with a complete/mint copy if you can find one. Sucks that you have to go to the extra effort, but it's worth it for it at that price.

ya, normally i would NEVER by a used game through their website, It seems to be where stores send defective merchandise to be refurbished. I was willing to give them a try given their misleading description of the merchandise, wont ever happen again. Just wanted to warn other CAG's there is no kind of guarantee that you will get a game in good condition, just that you will get a manual and box.

If you use the PLAYME code for this game what shipping option do you choose. I tried USA Ground and it gives me an error code:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:pLAYME - Free Ground shipping on all used games.

But it's free ground shipping!!

h8, read more than three posts in the thread before you post about your problems. The answer is on the first page of this thread.

bread's done
Back