GameStop Limited Code - 80SAVE20 for first 1000 customers

Just ordered 4 LBPs (condition-used) using the code. With Edge they were 66.xx and the trade-in value at EzTradeIn is 30 a piece ($120 total). Score!

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Just ordered 4 LBPs (condition-used) using the code. With Edge they were 66.xx and the trade-in value at EzTradeIn is 30 a piece ($120 total). Score![/QUOTE]

Good luck. How is that eztradein site anyway Ive never heard of it.

Also note that the original LBP had 2 different UPCs. I have the original with newer UPC and it's not listed on that site, only the older UPC and the GOTY edition are. Maybe they wont care though I have no idea.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Good luck. How is that eztradein site anyway Ive never heard of it.

Also note that the original LBP had 2 different UPCs. I have the original with newer UPC and it's not listed on that site, only the older UPC and the GOTY edition are. Maybe they wont care though I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is offering 30 trade in as well if anyone cares about that..Looks like their the same website though so you can ignore me

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Best Buy is offering 30 trade in as well if anyone cares about that..Looks like their the same website though so you can ignore me[/QUOTE]

Oh didnt know that. I'd do this but from that website it says: "THE VALUATION MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ORIGINAL ESTIMATE PROVIDED TO YOU. YOU AGREE THAT DEALTREE’S VALUATION OF THE ITEM AFTER DEALTREE RECEIVES THE ITEM IS FINAL."

Good deal, though if you're going to spend $80, why not just go up to $100 and use the 25off code? It's the same 25% off, but the 25off code should work on more titles. This one is only for "eligible titles"/ The 25OFF even works on pre-orders, this one does not.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Oh didnt know that. I'd do this but from that website it says: "THE VALUATION MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ORIGINAL ESTIMATE PROVIDED TO YOU. YOU AGREE THAT DEALTREE’S VALUATION OF THE ITEM AFTER DEALTREE RECEIVES THE ITEM IS FINAL."

[/QUOTE]

The way I understand it, they only will give you less money if the product shows up missing components (Ex: saying you had the manual and artwork but sending it in a blank case). Because I did a test, running the game as complete and then as disc only. Complete was $30, whereas without manual/cover art was $15.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Good luck. How is that eztradein site anyway Ive never heard of it.

Also note that the original LBP had 2 different UPCs. I have the original with newer UPC and it's not listed on that site, only the older UPC and the GOTY edition are. Maybe they wont care though I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. The GameStop used game doesn't have a designated UPC code. Well, I doubt they would really reject a product by a little code on the back.. Right? Ha wishful thinking

OMG trade-in price changed to $20... Praying that my orders will be ok since I have the shipping labels with the $30 value from yesterday

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Just ordered 4 LBPs (condition-used) using the code. With Edge they were 66.xx and the trade-in value at EzTradeIn is 30 a piece ($120 total). Score![/QUOTE]

I saw that, but as soon as I created my account there, the value dropped to $20! What the hell?!?!

Hope you were able to get yours in at that price at least.

[quote name='danial']I saw that, but as soon as I created my account there, the value dropped to $20! What the hell?!?!

Hope you were able to get yours in at that price at least.[/QUOTE]

Tekken 6 and L4D2 also dropped in the past 5 mins.. Other games i ordered. Luckily, I have the packing slips with the trade-in value listed as $30, so hopefully they'll honor my original quote. Otherwise I'm screwed out of a lot of profit. i canceled that order of 4 LBPs as soon as I saw the drop off

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']The way I understand it, they only will give you less money if the product shows up missing components (Ex: saying you had the manual and artwork but sending it in a blank case). Because I did a test, running the game as complete and then as disc only. Complete was $30, whereas without manual/cover art was $15.[/QUOTE]

I feel obligated to mention that when I search for LBP on gamestop.com, I receive the message "This used product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box." In other words, Gamestop's usual complete guarantee doesn't apply. I would've done this easy flip, but you may end up coming short.

Has anyone used EZTradein? Do they usually give you the quoted amount so long as the game is playable and complete?

[quote name='dkl415']I feel obligated to mention that when I search for LBP on gamestop.com, I receive the message "This used product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box." In other words, Gamestop's usual complete guarantee doesn't apply. I would've done this easy flip, but you may end up coming short.[/QUOTE]

You may be referring to the PSP version.

The PS3 version says this:
"This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box and instruction manual."

even if gamestop guarantees the original case and manual you may not get it. I wrote them an email cuz I ordered Afrika complete and got disk only. Yeah Call of Juarez also dropped to 12...grrr...
Bestbuy says they honor their quoted estimate for 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='danial']Has anyone used EZTradein? Do they usually give you the quoted amount so long as the game is playable and complete?[/QUOTE]

I had no problems getting verified, I used Best Buy

yet another in a long line of deals from various stores where you have to spend an ass-ton of money to save a semi-decent amount of money.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Tekken 6 and L4D2 also dropped in the past 5 mins.. Other games i ordered. Luckily, I have the packing slips with the trade-in value listed as $30, so hopefully they'll honor my original quote. Otherwise I'm screwed out of a lot of profit. i canceled that order of 4 LBPs as soon as I saw the drop off[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. Do they honor the quoted estimate. Or will they just give you the current value?

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I would like to know this as well. Do they honor the quoted estimate. Or will they just give you the current value?[/QUOTE]

more than likely current value. they enjoy $$$$$$$ too, you know.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I would like to know this as well. Do they honor the quoted estimate. Or will they just give you the current value?[/QUOTE]

I would think they would go by the quoted estimate once you got your quote and they provided a shipping label. Be kind of worthless if they quoted you $20 and you only got $10 by the time the game got to them.

Yeah that would be messed up. I sent $300 worth of quoted estimates, I have waited 12 days, nothing back yet, and now they lower the estimates so I would only get 160 back... so they better give the estimates they gave me when I sent my games in.

[quote name='Velo214']Yeah that would be messed up. I sent $300 worth of quoted estimates, I have waited 12 days, nothing back yet, and now they lower the estimates so I would only get 160 back... so they better give the estimates they gave me when I sent my games in.[/QUOTE]

Do they give you an invoice with the quoted esimates that you send in with the games? I know eStarland does this.

OOPS- looks like someone broke the GameStop website.

My Edge card is not working online right now. Anyone else having this problem? I mean even if you don't use this deal - my Edge card is not taking 10% off.

[quote name='MrEKO73']I would think they would go by the quoted estimate once you got your quote and they provided a shipping label. Be kind of worthless if they quoted you $20 and you only got $10 by the time the game got to them.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping. My shipping labels have $30 for LBP, Tekken 6, and L4D2. It doesn't seem fair for them to drop it once I already have that packing slip in hand

Can someone explain the "no stacking" Gamestop credit thing? Does that mean if you buy three of their games that give you $10 credit, you can't apply all of the credit to another game? Or does it mean you can't apply the credit and use something like 15NEW?

[quote name='bbchen']Can someone explain the "no stacking" Gamestop credit thing? Does that mean if you buy three of their games that give you $10 credit, you can't apply all of the credit to another game? Or does it mean you can't apply the credit and use something like 15NEW?[/QUOTE]

The coupon codes you get from the games wont stack with anything. They wont stack with each other or other codes like 15NEW and so on.

[quote name='bbchen']Can someone explain the "no stacking" Gamestop credit thing? Does that mean if you buy three of their games that give you $10 credit, you can't apply all of the credit to another game? Or does it mean you can't apply the credit and use something like 15NEW?[/QUOTE]

They're pretty much a "fuck You", now pay for shipping.

Site's up again.

[quote name='pharmer']wow can't believei missed this.. is this the daily deal thing?[/QUOTE]

It was.. Ha now it's changed cuz they got the 1,000 people. Now it's some DS/PSP shipping

bread's done
Back