Gamestop Midnight Release Question?

rcballer2123

CAG Veteran
So I've done a lot of midnight release purchases in my day, but today when I went in to pre-order MLB 11 The Show (yeah, pre-ordered it today, comes out tonight, I know), the gamestop girl was telling me I have to come back at 10 so they can check my ticket. I was super confused and she didn't really make sense, but she said I have to come back at 10 then either wait till midnight or come back at midnight..

Anyone have any idea what she's talking about?

Instead of having a line starting at 10-11, people come in and grab a ticket with a number. then at about quarter to 12, they have people line up according to ticket number, just people dont have to wait there all day. My GS usually only does it on HUGE titles..

[quote name='JayTL']Instead of having a line starting at 10-11, people come in and grab a ticket with a number. then at about quarter to 12, they have people line up according to ticket number, just people dont have to wait there all day. My GS usually only does it on HUGE titles..[/QUOTE]

Weird, my GameStop doesn't do anything like that, just show up and get in line.

Mine, you go in and have them sign your receipt and you can pay if you have to before midnight. Then at midnight, everybody goes through quickly. Lately I've been going to Walmart though. Less people and they usually have a Bonus item for going to midnight.

[quote name='JayTL']Instead of having a line starting at 10-11, people come in and grab a ticket with a number. then at about quarter to 12, they have people line up according to ticket number, just people dont have to wait there all day. My GS usually only does it on HUGE titles..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went in at 10 and got a "power star" on my receipt.. No number or anything. Got there and there was like 20 people or so.. They all just had the star too, not a number. So really it was completely pointless and I'll never do it again.

[quote name='rainking187']Weird, my GameStop doesn't do anything like that, just show up and get in line.[/QUOTE]

That's how mine always was.. New management :roll:

bread's done
Back