GAMESTOP: MW2 Pre-order $51.38 Ends TOMORROW! READ!! YMMV I guess

xfade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was bored and browsing CAG all day, and discovered I can save some money with my copy from Gamestop.

If your Gamestop has 2 used copies of RSV2 (plenty of copies every GS I go to)

Purchase them 2 x $17.99 - 10% = $32.38

Trade them back through the Trade 2 + $20 promotion and get:

rings the trade for the 2 copies @ $41.00 - $32.38 = SAVE $8.62

Pay the $20 on top of your initial investment, and you gain the option of a midnight release which most stores I think will.

Thought I'd share this with you guys, in case people have GS credit to burn it's a good route.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chuang4u']do they let you trade in multiple copies of the same title?[/QUOTE]

YMMV on that. I can get away with it at mine since I give them such good pre-order numbers.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']YMMV on that. I can get away with it at mine since I give them such good pre-order numbers.[/QUOTE]

I thought the policy was no more than 2 copies of one game per transaction.

They did with me, just ask them to see if the computer would ring it up OK. It's possible it worked because of the promotion it lets it slip.

Most managers/employees are told not to. They directly assume that if that is the case they are most likely stolen. It pretty much is in place to prevent a headache. Same reason why they don't take sealed games either.

I'll be using my COD:WAW as part of my $40 of MW2 trade in offer. I can't see ever going back to WAW once I get my hands on MW2. But that's just me.
Good luck with the RSV2 attempt. I doubt any location will allow it (2 trade in copies of the same game).

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Most managers/employees are told not to. They directly assume that if that is the case they are most likely stolen. It pretty much is in place to prevent a headache. Same reason why they don't take sealed games either.[/QUOTE]

Precisely, on both points.

[quote name='madgamez']Thought the +$20 ended last week?[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the newest MW2 trade in offer. Trade in games from a "select list", and get $40 off MW2. It's in the newest weekly ad.

[quote name='sunnysky']I was talking about the newest MW2 trade in offer. Trade in games from a "select list", and get $40 off MW2. It's in the newest weekly ad.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see I read it wrong, maybe clarify that part.

[quote name='chuang4u']do they let you trade in multiple copies of the same title?[/QUOTE]
They aren't supposed to, but I worked there for many years and the only time multiples weren't taken in was when it was suspicious like newer releases without cases or sealed copies of games. I'd say you would have no problem trading in two copies of RSV2.

I hope all of you do this, because I love when Gamestop gets screwed over by there own stupid promotions and poorly done POS system.

I used the Trade 2, Save $40 promo for L4D2 yesterday. I had FNR4 that I got for $20 from GC & Red Faction that I got for $20 from GF, so it was a nice way to get my money back. And for some reason it wouldn't ring up properly since the game wasn't out (? that's what the store manager told me) so she had to manually override the TIVs and I ended up only paying $16 in credit cuz she messed up.

This also is a good promo for games that are on clearance at Target. I've seen multiple copies at 2 different stores around me of both Bigs 2 & GH: Metallica for about $20. Couple that with the holiday coupon and there's about a $10 savings also.

edit: I should have said Skate 2 and not Bigs 2, cuz with Bigs you can get just over $20 with the current tiered promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like stickin it to GS. All the employees are true gamers and quite frankly don't care what kinda business comes through, as long as there's business coming through (trades + pre-orders is what they care about most). The manager that hooks me up knows about my Blockbuster flipping and store X-to-GS flips.

What I couldn't do with that manager tho, was use the 20% off coupon with MW2.

That was my main intention since I could pre-order the first copy using the coupon on one of the RSV2's (Comes out to $12.60 w/ EDGE) + $16.19 for reg. price RSV2 w/ EDGE. Coming out to $48.79 each copy. Man, that woulda been nice.

Oh well, There's some good used titles in the $20-30 range I'll embark on when I go pick up my pre-orders Monday night.

bread's done
Back