gamestop new policy- 14-15 day wait after trading in game?

unknownthreat

CAGiversary!
I went on the gamestop website and searched for borderlands used and to my suprise, it was available at a few stores a few miles away from my house. I called the gamestop(s) that carried the game and none of them had it used. I told them how it was listed as available on the website so the first guy I called said he would look into the drawer where they store the games. He couldn't find it and told me it's probably being held 14 days after it was traded in before they make it available for purchase. Some of the other people I called said 15 days.

I also tested this out on a older recent release like brutal legend and same thing happened. Site shows it as available used at 4 stores and after calling all stores, they don't have it.

Has anyone experience this yet? Does this vary from state to state or is this a new policy?

I believe this has something to do with how certain states, counties, and/or cities handle pawn shops. Around here, as soon as someone trades in a game, you can buy it. But I have noticed over my couple of years here on CAG that numerous people have said how their GS stores hold games for a certain period.

bread's done
Back