Gamestop - new PUR Pro offer - 20% off preowned game expires 7/31

jeffcrazy

CAGiversary!
I didn't have this last night when I printed up a PUR rewards coupon, so maybe everybody got it? 

Expires 7/31/16

[attachment=21263:Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.54.35 AM.png]

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, it usually takes the 20% off the lowest priced game, which is the free one. I think there's a way around it, if the cashier is nice and capable, where he scans the highest first, then apply it or something. That might make the highest priced game after 20% off the lowest one, which will be free.

It comes off the most expensive game. If the price after discounts is the lowest, then it becomes the free game. Plan accordingly.

You probably can. Combining coupons/promos at GameStop has been a go for a good while now.
Combining coupons with promotions, or combining coupons with coupons, or both?

Also, can you combine PUR certificates (e.g., $5 off) with coupons and promotions?

Combining coupons with promotions, or combining coupons with coupons, or both?

Also, can you combine PUR certificates (e.g., $5 off) with coupons and promotions?
I think PUR certificates work on any combination, I think it works like a gift card.

10% PUR also takes off the original price if I remember correctly, so it won't be 10% off after 20%, but rather 30%, if that makes any sense.

I might end up just confusing everyone...

I think PUR certificates work on any combination, I think it works like a gift card.

10% PUR also takes off the original price if I remember correctly, so it won't be 10% off after 20%, but rather 30%, if that makes any sense.

It's 10% and 20%... Meaning for a $100 item

(100 * 0.9) * 0.8 or (100 * 0.8) * (0.9) = 100 * 0.72 = 72% of the original price AKA 28% off

With PUR, you're getting 28% off the original price.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.

Last edited by a moderator:

It used to work that way, but they put a stop to that a couple years back. T___T

Oh my bad, I had no idea that they changed it. They still take 10% of the original price when you trade in an item, even during the 50% extra trade in value promos. So if you trade in a $100 item with 50% extra and pure, they give you $160 rather than $165. 

From what acthechamp is saying, they do it reverse when you purchase an item, so it winds up giving you less when you buy it. Which is really cheap how they change the system in their favor.

Strange...checked my 2nd account which had the same code digit for digit. So does that mean the code is universal w/ multiple uses?

Nice find OP! Thinking of using this on Dark Souls 3 as soon as someone QQ over it being to hard.
i-xSn8VT8-2100x20000.jpg

Damn I didn't get this. What kind of company does shit like this. Oh wait I know. Sucks, I'd gladly pick up some 3ds stuff but nope.

Maybe I can make some recommendations? What systems do you primarily play on, and what genre of games do you prefer?
Thanks buddy! Ps4 is really the only system I haven't bought anything for since December. Sports games is pretty much the only genre I won't touch. I'm more interested in something under $40 before the coupon if that's possible. I've been stuck playing siege for like 4 months lol.

Thanks buddy! Ps4 is really the only system I haven't bought anything for since December. Sports games is pretty much the only genre I won't touch. I'm more interested in something under $40 before the coupon if that's possible. I've been stuck playing siege for like 4 months lol.
GTA V is on sale this week for $34.19 after PUR Pro. After 20% off pre-owned coupon it would be $27.35 + your tax.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/grand-theft-auto-v/115462

bread's done
Back