GameStop now accepting CD's

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
This is interesting, my local gamestop told me that they are running a trial trade in cd promotion. They pay 1$ minimum, I unloaded a bunch of radio trade cd's that they wouldn't take at FYE and eb only offered me .25 each.

They are starting a new chain called MovieStop, sounds like a failure waiting to happen to me :)

One of the EB's here in Montgomery is doing it as well. Seems odd too me... I do know that they give only a dollar or two for trade-in credit, and sell them at around 5 or 7 (depending on CD). The first thought that came to mind was "wow, are gamers now being seen as crackheads, who'll trade in anything for their next fix?"

[quote name='Skylander7']One of the EB's here in Montgomery is doing it as well. Seems odd too me... I do know that they give only a dollar or two for trade-in credit, and sell them at around 5 or 7 (depending on CD). The first thought that came to mind was "wow, are gamers now being seen as crackheads, who'll trade in anything for their next fix?"[/quote]

:lol:
I took in some canned food hoping to get some new games in trade, but it didn't work :( Man, I gotta getta hit of some SnakeEater!!! :wink:

that is a ymmv. the gs i work at has nothing in the system for cd's and we have had moviestop out for about 4 months here (but it is doing terrible).

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']that is a ymmv. the gs i work at has nothing in the system for cd's and we have had moviestop out for about 4 months here (but it is doing terrible).[/quote]

lmfao i think i need some sleep... i was reading this post and my brain filled in "gas station" for "gs" ... i have no clue why lol.. didnt realize it until i read it the 2nd time..

[quote name='Skylander7']:lol:
I took in some canned food hoping to get some new games in trade, but it didn't work :( Man, I gotta getta hit of some SnakeEater!!! :wink:[/quote]

I tell you, that opening song of the second part of the game... It would bring a tear to Albert J. Broccoli's eye, so Bondish.

And I got the tux outfit! (Which Boss doesn't approve of.) 8)

it makes sense, but I bet it's just at a few stores. Like how some people had reported that BestBuy was taking used games for trade. But that still hasn't been rolled out to more stores.

I live in Orlando, no Moviestop here, but I was visting friends in Richmond, VA and they have them now up and running.

We haven't heard anything about CD trades yet, but unfortunately, my store is slotted to become a MovieStop. We do more trade and sales on DVD's than anything else. Hopefully I won't be there when it happens.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Do anyone know if they will take CDS that don't have barcodes on them?[/quote]

They took a bunch from me without barcodes, and also barcodes with a hole through it. The only ones they rejected were some cd's which were in a book (imports from the uk).

Do they take CDs w/o jewelcase and booklet?

I have a ton of random ass CDs lying around that I would like to dump, but I don't have any of that.,

bread's done
Back