Gamestop Online Services?

TheDiminisher

CAG Veteran
Tomorrow I should be getting a package of 5 games from Gamestop. Which is cool, but online it says that the package weighs in at 1.60 lbs and I have been trying to guess the chances of them having cases and/or manuels. I have spent over $85, so you'd think they would throw in a case and manuel but the weight is having me believe I'll be getting disc only. Anyone have any past experience with Gamestops online quality?

I ordered;
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 2
Fatal frame 3
Haunting Ground
Psychonauts

I list the games cause I know some have a higher chance of having a case and manuel, like more adult oriented games.

Manuel must not be a very big guy if he's only 1.6 pounds.

Also, the odds are highly in favor of being disc only.

It is almost random to an extent whether you get the official case or the gamestop case but since those are more niche titles odds are you will get the official case. The instruction manual is another story.

But of course taking a step back and doing some simple math assuming each game weighs 5.5 ounces (PS2 games ranges from 5.5 to 7 ounces with case) then we get a total of 1.72LBs which is only .12 LBs off.

So in short don't panic and if you dont get a complete game just take it to a Gamestop that carries that title and swap it out.

[quote name='Survivalism']Manuel must not be a very big guy if he's only 1.6 pounds.

Also, the odds are highly in favor of being disc only.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, beaten to the "Manuel" punch.

[quote name='LordVila']It is almost random to an extent whether you get the official case or the gamestop case but since those are more niche titles odds are you will get the official case. The instruction manual is another story.

But of course taking a step back and doing some simple math assuming each game weighs 5.5 ounces (PS2 games ranges from 5.5 to 7 ounces with case) then we get a total of 1.72LBs which is only .12 LBs off.

So in short don't panic and if you dont get a complete game just take it to a Gamestop that carries that title and swap it out.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. A very helpful comment indeed.

for Fatal frame 1-3 the chance should be pretty good since those were the reprint copies that gamestop is selling as used

[quote name='62t']for Fatal frame 1-3 the chance should be pretty good since those were the reprint copies that gamestop is selling as used[/QUOTE]

This. With Fatal Frame, you're almost guaranteed a case and manual.

I just got my games today and I'll share the condition their in.

Psychonauts (Disc light scratches, Manual, Case,)
Haunting Ground (Disc looks like wolverine attacked it, NO Manual, Case)
Fatal Frame (Disc light scratches, Manual, broken case)
Fatal Frame 2 (Disc light scratches, Manual, Case)
Fatal Frame 3 (Disc light scratches, No Manual, gamestop case)

They all work so far and I'm generally happy with getting 4/5 with original cases and 3/5 with manuals.

Same topic, different story. How long does it take in order to get used games? I ordered Disgaea 1 & 2 for the PS2 and as of today, there's no update. I have a feeling that I'll end up getting SSFIV before there's any movement with this order.

bread's done
Back