Gamestop Orange Box PC Download $9.99

For those who don't know: Team Fortress 2 is free now, and Portal has been given away free on Steam in the past.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2 was also given away free during the Christmas thing on Steam last year, though that was something you had to win randomly (I did, as did many, though I gave it away because I didn't want it).. so that might be available if they do something similar this year.

So all of these games have recently ranged from very easy to somewhat easy to acquire for free.

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']i think its an origin exclusive[/QUOTE]
i assumed that they would activate on steam, which is why i started the thread. if not, this isn't really a good deal at all.

Of course it activates on steam, but I wouldn't consider it a deal. I'd tell anyone who wants to purchase a valve game to wait for the steam sales

Wait for the sales. Valve games are guaranteed cheap during them. And like others noted TF 2 is free now. I wonder if you get the founded status or whatever it is for purchasing the game if you redeem the code now after it went F2P.

[quote name='Josh1billion']For those who don't know: Team Fortress 2 is free now, and Portal has been given away free on Steam in the past.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2 was also given away free during the Christmas thing on Steam last year, though that was something you had to win randomly (I did, as did many, though I gave it away because I didn't want it).. so that might be available if they do something similar this year.

So all of these games have recently ranged from very easy to somewhat easy to acquire for free.[/QUOTE]
Purchasing the Orange Box gives your Steam account the premium version of TF2, getting rid of the F2P version limitations.

Also, $9.99 for The Orange Box IS a good deal, as usually that's the price the set goes for during Steam deals, if not slightly higher.

[quote name='Tsukento']Purchasing the Orange Box gives your Steam account the premium version of TF2, getting rid of the F2P version limitations.

Also, $9.99 for The Orange Box IS a good deal, as usually that's the price the set goes for during Steam deals, if not slightly higher.[/QUOTE]
If you say so. I received all three of the games for free (except TF2, which I bought before it went free-to-play), and I was one among many, so $9.99 for it is not a good deal in my opinion.

I think the Orange Box has been $5 on Steam before, during one of the seasonal sales. I personally got all of the games from trading coal (which was free..). $5 is the price I would wait for to buy it. You could get the entire half-like complete pack for $10 during the steam seasonal sales, which comes with all of the half-life games (including the originals). That's a better deal IMO.

[quote name='Josh1billion']If you say so. I received all three of the games for free (except TF2, which I bought before it went free-to-play), and I was one among many, so $9.99 for it is not a good deal in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

what

So because you got it for free means that it's not a good deal for anyone else? I got all the Valve games for free because of that potato ARG for Portal 2, and I still think this is a GREAT deal.

Orange Box is a fantastic package. If you a looking for a nice,CHEAP xmas gift then by all means get them the DLC code. As for buying from Gamestop...next question.

[quote name='ster']what

So because you got it for free means that it's not a good deal for anyone else? I got all the Valve games for free because of that potato ARG for Portal 2, and I still think this is a GREAT deal.[/QUOTE]
Umm? No, that's not what I said.

I said one of the games is permanently free, and the other two have commonly been offered for free in the past. There's a big difference between that and the fact that I personally received them for free when judging whether or not $10 is a good deal for the three games.

The question is:

Will half-life three come out in time for those following the series to still have enough reflexes to play it.

[quote name='Tsukento']Purchasing the Orange Box gives your Steam account the premium version of TF2, getting rid of the F2P version limitations.
[/QUOTE]

Making any microtransaction purchase in the Mann Store will get you the same status and there are a couple of 49 cent items in the store, plus a bunch of maps and starter packs etc for 99 cents each.

bread's done
Back