Gamestop PC Games sale ymmv

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was at a Gamestop in Westfield Mall in Aurora, IL and I found a few nice deals on PC games.

Here's a few deals I spotted:

Crysis Warhead - $15
Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena - $20
Mirror's Edge - $10
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box - $15
Company of Heroes - $10
FEAR 2 - $20

There were a few others I think but these are the ones that sort of stood out.

I would think twice about getting Mirror's Edge it looks great tho I mean at times OMG it looks fantastic for PC but the game is so buggy its unplayable at times. Thats why I just gave up playing it on the PC and just started playing the 360 one.

[quote name='quadomatic'] Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box - $15
[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I was just at the GS in the Lincolnwood Town Square (IL) and neither this nor any of the other games you listed were anywhere near those prices.

I think this CAG may have mixed up information. I believe those games may be 5,10, 15+ dollars off for GameStops 'huge sale.'

[quote name='vherub']buggy? didn't the patch fix things?[/QUOTE]

The problems I had were all after the patch and you need the patch to fix freezing issues with the opening. Alot of crap that I had to mess around with the INI file and stuff like that. I still have it and hopefully one day they'll have a patch that will fix all the issues but until then I am happy with playing Mirrors Edge on the 360. I will say one thing tho I personally felt the controls where alot better on the PC.

[quote name='Shimrra']I will say one thing tho I personally felt the controls where alot better on the PC.[/QUOTE]

And it has PhysX effects.

Avalon - It's not mixed up information. I was at the mall today and walked into gamestop, and those are the prices I found labeled on the games. I even bought Crysis Warhead.

I don't think the games are priced this way in Gamestop's system though. When I bought Crysis Warhead, the discount appeared to have to have been applied manually by some promotion.

Like I said, YMMV. I don't know if this is some big advertised sale or some clearance event. There was a banner hanging outside the gamestop mentioning big discounts, and the games were labeled gamers day sale or something like that. They have some red sticker on them, and they were in a basket front and center - like where you'd find the crappy used games they're getting rid of and don't want on shelves anymore.

OP is correct. Confirmed for The Aurora, IL Gamestop in the mall. I picked up Crysis Warhead for $14.99, CoR Dark Athena for $19.99, and Velvet Assassin for $14.99.

I picked up the last Crysis Warhead, but they still had FEAR 2, Riddick, Velvet Assassin, and the others he mentioned.

Incidentally, they are in the "Summer Sale" box. The games rang up for over $108, but the associate adjusted the price to match the red labels on the games. Saved about $55 thanks to the OP.

I will never go back to Aurora, Illinois for the simple fact that they don't have a Mikita's Donuts like it claims they do in Wayne's World. Why oh why did Aurora have to shatter my dreams like that? I was so looking forward to ordering food out of a drive thru menu shaped like Stan Mikita's head....

bread's done
Back