GameStop Power Up Steal of the Week: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Pre-Owned Games! for 10K Points

Bobby's World

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Pre-Owned Games! for 10,000 Points
Steal of the Week!  Expand your gaming library for less with a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on pre-owned games, from Monday, April 7, through Sunday, April 27. Whether you’re picking up last year’s best or the latest pre-owned game on PS4 or Xbox One, you’ll see instant savings! Get your coupon now for 10,000 points, it’s only available until Sunday, April 13th.

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Free item(s) must be of equal or lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/7/14 through 4/27/14.

Plus 10% off used games from GCU at BBY. The only downside with those is that inventory tends to go quickly, at least online, and my local BBY has a pretty weak selection in-store. But I still managed to load up on 6 3DS games for something like $90 total during this current Best Buy sale by managing to catch it shortly after it went live.

The only remaining advantage I can see is that GameStop will let you return used games within 7 days.. that's still their policy, right?
I would say that in store selection is by far the biggest advantage Gamestop has. There are 6 Best Buys within 15 miles of me and I have rarely seen any games that aren't shovelware or sports games at any of them. Gamestop at least has a decent selection of used games.

Only if you abuse the system and use their return policy like a rental program. ;)
That's very YMMV. One of my friends "rents" games from GS on a weekly basis. No joke. Has been doing it for 2 years now. He's nice to the staff, but they're not friends so it's not like they're doing him a personal favor or turning a blind eye because they know each other. And he doesn't always get the same people so I think that store just doesn't care.

Every single week, he returns 2 games, and picks up 2 other games. Uses it to pad his gamerscore. Almost at 200k now after doing this for 2 years. Meanwhile, I feel guilty returning a brand new game that I only preordered to get the 30% TIV bonus....

bread's done
Back