Gamestop PowerUp Rewards

cheeky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So the guys at Gamestop have been putting on the pressure for me to "upgrade" my Edge card to the new PowerUp Rewards card. Have any of you done this already? If so, what do you think? Should I go ahead and upgrade or is there some downside/limitation to it?

Recently, I was asking the employees at my GS about it and they were clueless about it. Hopefully Edge stays around longer as there is nothing wrong with it, so why change the program.

I never had Edge, but I signed up to Pro when I traded in a Xbox 360 for a Xbox 360 S. I got an additional 10% on the trade, so it was worth it for me. They have their own game library thing, make suggestions for new games and you can track your in-store reservations from the site. The Rewards Program looks interesting and there is a Zelda belt buckle I really want.

The only problem I can see is that if you have money on your Edge Card you'll have to keep the card and until you spend them. You can't transfer Edge trades to your new Pro card.

Seems that way. I got one on Friday when I upgraded to the 360 S. From my trade ins and purchase, plus doing the things on the site (profile stuff) I've got over 7000 points already. Prizes are of course over-priced, but it doesnt involve any extra effort from me than EDGE does, so who cares?

I also got a coupon in my e-mail for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free thats good until the end of August. Works for me.

It's the exact same thing, just with a new rewards program. There's no reason not to have it, even if you don't buy the EDGE discount, the rewards program is still free. Yes, the rewards are overpriced, as they are with any rewards program, but I already redeemed a $5 coupon which is never a bad thing, and you get a free B2G1 for signing up.

Nothing about the EDGE changes at all, it's just a shiny new card.

Do you guys know if the PowerUp Rewards card can be used online as well? I order a lot of used stuff online and want to make sure I'll still be able to stack 10% off with whatever the current promo is.

bread's done
Back