Gamestop PowerupRewards Holiday Calendar Sale - Week 4 Up

poker360

Banned
http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/HolidayOffers

Gamestop is having an exclusive sale for power up members. Here is the calendar:

Week Four:

ho_calendar_12-18.png

Week Three:

ho_calendar_12-11.png

Week Two:
ho_calendar_12-4.png

Week One:
powerupsale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question I bought two used games in Gamestop Sunday, do you think I could return them and rebuy them to get my free game. I thought with used games you had 7 days to return them. Thanks..

[quote name='kittenkya']Hey gamers can you buy two pre owned games and get pre owned accessory free?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='vince726']I have a question I bought two used games in Gamestop Sunday, do you think I could return them and rebuy them to get my free game. I thought with used games you had 7 days to return them. Thanks..[/QUOTE]

Yes, all used games have a return window of 7 days, and you can return/rebuy as long as you have the receipt and you paid full price (as in you can't return the free game from the B2G1 and rebuy it with 2 others). Though sometimes they look at you funny because they assume you just bought it, beat it in a few days and are returning it (though the whole point of the "no questions asked" used item return window is so you can play it and see if you like it enough to keep), but if you rebuy it, obviously it should be fine. The only other weird looks I've gotten is when I've returned a non-functioning used item.. like I'm trying to hoodwink them or something.

I got a code for, I think, 20% off a used game for my birthday from them. Too bad it doesn't stack with the B2G1. That would be a sweet deal.

I can redeem 2 $10 off a pre-owned item coupons with the PUR points I have stacked up. Hoping to get PvZ, and 2 other $10 games with it. I missed out on the BF B2G1 free sale.

Just kidding. fuck, I hate when they raise their used prices for no reason. PvZ used to be $10. Gonna have to substitute with ODST.

PoP '08 just got dropped to $5, good timing since the Epilogue DLC is on sale. Maybe I'll get The Darkness, that and something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody's talking about the 50% off 3D glasses that's going on today. Guessing it will cost about $35 plus tax. I take it not worth it yet?

I don't have a 3D TV, but might jump on one when they're cheaper. Want a 3D display/monitor just to see what Child of Eden is like in 3D.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Nobody's talking about the 50% off 3D glasses that's going on today. Guessing it will cost about $35 plus tax. I take it not worth it yet?

I don't have a 3D TV, but might jump on one when they're cheaper. Want a 3D display/monitor just to see what Child of Eden is like in 3D.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a good deal. If you do get them, remember they are active glasses, and you would need an active 3DTV for them to work.

[quote name='kittenkya']Hey gamers can you buy two pre owned games and get pre owned accessory free?[/QUOTE]

I just did this same thing the last B2G1. Don't know why the other guy said that no you could not. Ask your store.

So I'm going to Best But later for their B2G1. Does anyone see a B2G1 from Gamestop that would be worth flipping for the extra 40% deal?

To get the glasses you have to buy the display first. The offer is 50% off the glasses if you buy the Display so we are talking about 535 plus the sales tax.

Oh crap! Just realized I could have bought ultimate mvc3 used and returned it thursday instead of just hoping the 1 used copy is still there!

[quote name='mrclutch']So I'm going to Best But later for their B2G1. Does anyone see a B2G1 from Gamestop that would be worth flipping for the extra 40% deal?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I've been looking but haven't seen anything yet. I really hope there is something, I want to get Mario Kart 7...

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I can redeem 2 $10 off a pre-owned item coupons with the PUR points I have stacked up. Hoping to get PvZ, and 2 other $10 games with it. I missed out on the BF B2G1 free sale.

Just kidding. fuck, I hate when they raise their used prices for no reason. PvZ used to be $10. Gonna have to substitute with ODST.

PoP '08 just got dropped to $5, good timing since the Epilogue DLC is on sale. Maybe I'll get The Darkness, that and something else.[/QUOTE]

I loved pop 08 ! Is the ps3 version 5 as well ? My father is a huge pop fan and he wanted to play it when I had it for my 360

[quote name='Oxyric']To get the glasses you have to buy the display first. The offer is 50% off the glasses if you buy the Display so we are talking about 535 plus the sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Also, I'm pretty sure that all these glasses are still restricted to use with the brand of TV they're made for...so Sony glasses only work with a Sony TV, Samsung with Samsung, etc... unless that's changed since I bought my Samsung TV last year.

I picked up Rayman and Sonic Generations through bestbuys B2G1 free. Probably not the best idea since these type of games will drop fast. I'm curious to see the gamestop deal on Rayman on the 13th.

[quote name='mrclutch']So I'm going to Best But later for their B2G1. Does anyone see a B2G1 from Gamestop that would be worth flipping for the extra 40% deal?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jj5206']I'm wondering the same thing. I've been looking but haven't seen anything yet. I really hope there is something, I want to get Mario Kart 7...[/QUOTE]

Just so you two, talking about flipping isnt allowed, as it's basically retail fraud. It's also kind of frowned upon by other users who'll have a sneaking suspicion you'll hoard what you find just to flip. Hence why you havent gotten answers.

[quote name='aeroforce325']Just so you two, talking about flipping isnt allowed, as it's basically retail fraud. It's also kind of frowned upon by other users who'll have a sneaking suspicion you'll hoard what you find just to flip. Hence why you havent gotten answers.[/QUOTE]

That's news to me. I've seen other CAGs talk about flips in numerous threads. I do know that most CAGs aren't likely to respond to question about flipping because the general thought is that any CAG that wants to flip needs to do the research him/herself.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
No.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Moo-Moo-Milk']I just did this same thing the last B2G1. Don't know why the other guy said that no you could not. Ask your store.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I don't know why BobbyTastic said no; I've never had an issue mixing accessories and games....

[quote name='aeroforce325']Just so you two, talking about flipping isnt allowed, as it's basically retail fraud. It's also kind of frowned upon by other users who'll have a sneaking suspicion you'll hoard what you find just to flip. Hence why you havent gotten answers.[/QUOTE]

First off, I hate flipping and flippers....but how in the heck is it "retail fraud"?? And second, since when was it banned from being able to post about??

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, I don't know why BobbyTastic said no; I've never had an issue mixing accessories and games....

First off, I hate flipping and flippers[/QUOTE]

You hate me cause I'm saving money on games using the legal method of flipping ? You don't even know us "flippers" personally but you hate us anyway, how sad :(

Originally Posted by aeroforce325
Just so you two, talking about flipping isnt allowed, as it's basically retail fraud. It's also kind of frowned upon by other users who'll have a sneaking suspicion you'll hoard what you find just to flip. Hence why you havent gotten answers.

Are you the Internet Video Game flipping police? I understand that it happens, I understand that I do it. However it is not illegal and in general it should be something that is more "hush hush" than in the open. The people that do well on these things spend alot of time planning and alot more time in the stores taking care of trade ins and pick ups.

Hey I have noob question but I wanna make sure I brought Assassin's Creed from gamestop the other day but I didnt know about the B2G1 free sale tomorrow can I return Creed, Rebuy, and get 2 more games??

[quote name='ray2dee']Hey I have noob question but I wanna make sure I brought Assassin's Creed from gamestop the other day but I didnt know about the B2G1 free sale tomorrow can I return Creed, Rebuy, and get 2 more games??[/QUOTE]

Yes

Geez didnt know so many people wanted MK lol, I picked up MK at wal mart during BF for 28....returned it the next day because I was running low on money D: (also bought 5 other games at the same time lol)

I can understand the idea of buying a new game that's on sale cheap somewhere and returning it for full price at a different store where it's not on sale as being fraud, but buying used games to TRADE in to another store doesn't really seem like fraud to me. And many users talk about this in tons of threads so....

Flipping is no different than stacking discounts (google offers + coupon, stacking ECA, etc), yet more people take issue with flips than stacked discount promotions.

It is neither fraud, nor illegal to lock in a trade, make a purchase and submit the trade-in for profit. In fact, its in the true spirit of CAG.

[quote name='wynams']Flipping is no different than stacking discounts (google offers + coupon, stacking ECA, etc), yet more people take issue with flips than stacked discount promotions.

It is neither fraud, nor illegal to lock in a trade, make a purchase and submit the trade-in for profit. In fact, its in the true spirit of CAG.[/QUOTE]

Its also just called capitalism...the true spirit of america. Those who say flipping is illegal are ridiculous and painfully trandparent as jealous children who typically just didnt get in on the action or didnt want to put forth the effort to try.

What do all these people think the stock market is? Buying low with the intent to sell for a profit. Get over yourselves and your stupid whining. Flipping is done with houses, artwork, precious metals...nobody gives a crap or looks down on someone flipping a game for a few bucks. Its such a trivial nonsense thing to cry about.

I don't mind flipping except when it comes to new products that are generally really hard to get in general. For example, the hp touchpads, new consoles, blizzcon tickets. People buying these things new and reselling them for double their cost is when I get pissed off.

Stop with the flipping discussion. Take it out of this forum.

Now I plan on getting UMVC3, New Super mario bros (DS), and i need a third 34.99$ game

any suggestions?

[quote name='akuma77']Stop with the flipping discussion. Take it out of this forum.

Now I plan on getting UMVC3, New Super mario bros (DS), and i need a third 34.99$ game

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Hmm mabye rage is a good bet. If you don't like it atleast it was free

[quote name='akuma77']Stop with the flipping discussion. Take it out of this forum.

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Throw in $5 and get Mario Kart 7. If you don't like it(doubt that is the case) it's a type of game that should have a higher than average trade in value down the road. That' s something I look for anytime I buy a third free game on these tyoes of deals when there is nothing else I really want.

[quote name='mrclutch']Throw in $5 and get Mario Kart 7. If you don't like it(doubt that is the case) it's a type of game that should have a higher than average trade in value down the road. That' s something I look for anytime I buy a third free game on these tyoes of deals when there is nothing else I really want.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing. but finding a used copy of mario kart 7 at this point seems impossible.

Found 1 used copy of ultimate mvc3 in town. Grabbed it even though it was disc only. Thinking of returning it tomorrow to rebuy with dead island and rage...

[quote name='Althax']Found 1 used copy of ultimate mvc3 in town. Grabbed it even though it was disc only. Thinking of returning it tomorrow to rebuy with dead island and rage...[/QUOTE]

i grabbed my 1 used copy at local gs with case cover and manual, gonna rebuy tomorrow also :applause:

[quote name='akuma77']i grabbed my 1 used copy at local gs with case cover and manual, gonna rebuy tomorrow also :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yes I was kind of pissed. The game was out for what, 2 weeks? In that time someone bought it, lost the case, and returned it? WTH!? I have fast food receipts that lasted longer than that case did.

How is it fraud at all? It's no different than garage saleing, antiquing or the like where you are knowledgeable in an area, search for those items and then resell them for a profit. If it was illegal then we definately wouldnt see pawnshops

I was at gamestop earlier and they said the b2g1 starts at 3 can anyone confirm this or are they just being dumb?

[quote name='Althax']Yes I was kind of pissed. The game was out for what, 2 weeks? In that time someone bought it, lost the case, and returned it? WTH!? I have fast food receipts that lasted longer than that case did.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Their room must look like the Tasmanian devil hit it and the case is forever lost in the void, seen once but never again.

[quote name='sninh']I was at gamestop earlier and they said the b2g1 starts at 3 can anyone confirm this or are they just being dumb?[/QUOTE]

Here in Staten Island NY, they told at noon. Don't know why at that time when there store is open at 10am?

You should look at some of the DS/PSP games for cheap game selections. Not too many cheap PS3 games at least.

Happy about the 50% off Gamecube games deal.

bread's done
Back