Gamestop PowerupRewards Holiday Calendar Sale - Week 4 Up

poker360

Banned
http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/HolidayOffers

Gamestop is having an exclusive sale for power up members. Here is the calendar:

Week Four:

ho_calendar_12-18.png

Week Three:

ho_calendar_12-11.png

Week Two:
ho_calendar_12-4.png

Week One:
powerupsale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to pass on yet another B2G1... I can get most of these games new for around the same prices they average out to (of the games I'm looking at / don't have at least). and the backlog is ridiculous right now anyways. besides all that, I also have a B2G1 PUR coupon for renewing... so that makes all of it even less appealing lol.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I decided to pass on yet another B2G1... I can get most of these games new for around the same prices they average out to (of the games I'm looking at / don't have at least). and the backlog is ridiculous right now anyways. besides all that, I also have a B2G1 PUR coupon for renewing... so that makes all of it even less appealing lol.[/QUOTE]

will the coupon stack with B2G1?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I decided to pass on yet another B2G1... I can get most of these games new for around the same prices they average out to (of the games I'm looking at / don't have at least). and the backlog is ridiculous right now anyways. besides all that, I also have a B2G1 PUR coupon for renewing... so that makes all of it even less appealing lol.[/QUOTE]

I have that coupon, too, expires for me at the end of the year. Kinda sucks since it's always going to be right around the season that they have 2 or 3 of these. I might call to see if they can give me a new one extended to April or something.

Pikmin 2 will be mine on thursday! 50 percent off, plus a 10 dollar off pre owned, 10 dollar pikmin 2. I've been watching this pikmin 2 at my local gamestop for ever lol. I can finally buy it

Friday is Buy 1, Get 2 Free on Music Games?! Serious!? I'm all over that. Hopefully I can score RB3 and 2 others, Maybe Beatles RB and another RB3 or something

Think I'll pick up a DSi XL on the 14th... There's still a couple DS games I have in my backlog that I want to play through and would be nice to have the big screen (plus my DS Lite's screen has some weird stain in the corner).

Guess I'll fill in some holes in my Plastic Instrument Games collection. I'll pick up Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Snash Hits for about $10. Not too bad, especially since my roommates love playing these games and could use some more songs to play.

man, I'm going to be out by my Gamestop Friday, I was hoping that the 50% off Gamecube would be then. Still, buy 1 get 2 on music games doesn't sound bad...

Does anyone know if it is possible to pick up GC games this week from various stores, then do a price adjustment on Thursday at one store? I want to hit up a good 10 Gamestop locations over the next three days to shore up my collection and pick up some trade fodder.

Also, I have a B2G1 coupon for renewing my Power Up card. Do you think it's possible that would stack with this promo?

I went into a GS for the first time in about a year. Was planning on cashing out my store credit on a PSN card and just shop exclusively at amazon (and Amazon Warehouse Deals). But today's 50% trade promo and B2G1 was convincing enough for me to trade in some games and renew my powerup card thing. I caved, and am back to watching this thread.

B2G1 will probably not stack. Regarding the return/rebuy that seems to be YMMV. It shouldn't be a big deal but it always seems to be a problem. Can't tell you why it would be but GS employees can be hard on that stuff sometimes.

I'll give my local store a call tomorrow. I'm concerned that they wouldn't appreciate the sheer amount of games I am likely to purchase. I'm willing to double, maybe even triple, up on some of these titles. I can't imagine I'll be the only person hunting these down, though.

fuck... would have loved that 50% off GC games. But nope, my dad decided we should all go down to Arizona to visit his friends. Driving all the way from Illinois.:roll:

[quote name='Vinny']fuck... would have loved that 50% off GC games. But nope, my dad decided we should all go down to Arizona to visit his friends. Driving all the way from Illinois.:roll:[/QUOTE]

You'll be going through at least half a dozen states, why not hit a few gamestops on the way ;)

[quote name='Link927']You'll be going through at least half a dozen states, why not hit a few gamestops on the way ;)[/QUOTE]

One problem....You cant see a whole hell of a lot from a highway lol. If they went straight through without stopping, and only hit fast food restaraunts, or stopped at a restaraunt at a shopping center wherever they were then there would be more of a chance he'd see the stores.

As for this weeks deals. Cant believe there's nothing of interest to me except maybe the $30 off any pre-owned psp depending on the prices of their used units.

[quote name='aeroforce325']One problem....You cant see a whole hell of a lot from a highway lol. If they went straight through without stopping, and only hit fast food restaraunts, or stopped at a restaraunt at a shopping center wherever they were then there would be more of a chance he'd see the stores.

As for this weeks deals. Cant believe there's nothing of interest to me except maybe the $30 off any pre-owned psp depending on the prices of their used units.[/QUOTE]
Or if he spots a Gamestop along the way, he can tell his dad he has to pee

Does GS even carry any of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band bundles in-store anymore? Don't have any of the more modern versions, and wouldn't mind picking up some on the cheap.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Pikmin 2 will be mine on thursday! 50 percent off, plus a 10 dollar off pre owned, 10 dollar pikmin 2. I've been watching this pikmin 2 at my local gamestop for ever lol. I can finally buy it[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up..this might not work. Some GS employees are picky about using your PUR coupons combined with a deal.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Does GS even carry any of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band bundles in-store anymore? Don't have any of the more modern versions, and wouldn't mind picking up some on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

The deal is for pre-owned games and I could be wrong but I don't think they let you trade in plastic instruments anymore. If that's true you'll need to get faux instruments elsewhere and just pick up the games at GS.

Anyone know which versions are worth getting in terms of condensing the library? The track packs have DLC codes I know (having bought one) but what about transfering say RB1 or Smash Hits, etc . . . Not sure I'm a big enough fan to swap discs but would love to expand the library.

[quote name='cg1407']Just a heads up..this might not work. Some GS employees are picky about using your PUR coupons combined with a deal.[/QUOTE]

Really? That kind of blows. I have a $10 coupon that expires at the end of the month and I was planning on using it on tomorrow for Rayman Origins.

Now I don't know whether I should call or just go in. I'm afraid if I tip them off that it'll cause suspicion. :whistle2:k

E: The coupon does say that it's not valid with any other offers. Bah, what a waste.

Has anyone tried doing pickup in store to guarantee they get the games they want and then apply them towards the deals going on? There may be a few GCN games I want, but I won't be able to get to a Gamestop until later on Thursday.

[quote name='cg1407']Just a heads up..this might not work. Some GS employees are picky about using your PUR coupons combined with a deal.[/QUOTE]

I called gamestop and a) they didn't even know this promotion would be running, and b) when i asked about using the coupon with the offer, the guy was basically like
"uhhhhhhhhhhh :drool:"

Completely serious

Purchased 3 used Mario Land 3Ds. $70
Flipped all 3 back for $90.

I rebought them a few dozen times and made >$1000 in 1 gamestop visit.

I really hope that zumba isn't on sale the 26th. I just bought it for 40 during the b2g1 sale.

Totally forgot about the wii being compatible with GC games. Are all playable and do you need a controller/ memory card?

All I want is a complete condition of Wind Waker on Thursday for $10. I've been waiting for a long time to add that to my collection.

And a Master Collection... if I can find one.

I asked my gf to check after work today for Windwaker to see if the copy was complete or not. Looks like they didnt have the game, so either it was sold already, being held for the sale by an employee, or just not there.

Just a heads up, the B2G1 deal is still goin on in store. I thought it expired yesterday, but it didn't. I just picked up Skyward Sword, Space Marine, and DK: Jungle Whatever.

[quote name='akuma77']Purchased 3 used Mario Land 3Ds. $70

I rebought them a few dozen times and made >$1000 in 1 gamestop visit.[/QUOTE]

They actually allowed you to do that?

FYI, YMMV and all that good stuff...I don't know what GS is smoking, but it seems like the iDevice TIVs went UP. Last Tuesday when they had the 50% bonus on iDevices, I was quoted $55 base ($82.50 w/bonus) for my 2nd Gen 8GB iPod Touch. I passed. I was sorta interested in this week's promo for $50 extra w/ purchase of a Xbox Kinetc bundle. I was curious to see how much the value dropped so they could low ball folks on this promo, but to my surprise (and the GS mgr) the new quote was $85 before bonus. Needless to say I walked out of their with a 4GB Xbox Kinect bundle. After the $135 iPod credit and trading in some "free" games I just picked up from BBV it was only ~$150 OOP.

And yes, B2G1 pre-owned is still in the system.

[quote name='akuma77']Purchased 3 used Mario Land 3Ds. $70

I rebought them a few dozen times and made >$1000 in 1 gamestop visit.[/QUOTE]

LOL Troll alert :roll:

BS!!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Can I get 2 $50 bonus credits for trading 2 ipods? I have an ipod shuffle and ipod 3rd gen touch that I can part ways with.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't hurt to try. I had a 1st gen iPod Nano sitting around for years, but sent it to Apple two weeks ago for a battery replacement thing they're doing. Which I would have had it this week. Even if GS was paying $2 for it I would have got $52 after bonus.

Did the PSP just drop in price? It's listed as $89.99 on the website. So it's only $60 tomorrow with the promo? Man, that's a really good deal..

My Gamestop let me use a $10 PUR coupon on Rayman Origins today with no hassle at all. Seems that it doesn't matter with these promotions (at least in my area).

[quote name='KingofGames']Did the PSP just drop in price? It's listed as $89.99 on the website. So it's only $60 tomorrow with the promo? Man, that's a really good deal..[/QUOTE]

I think so - I went in expecting to pay $69.99 for a PSP Slim (2000) and ended up only paying $59.99 - very pleased!

Got a PSP 3000 for $59.99 + tax. I've been wanting to pick up a purple PSP but since there weren't any in stock, I might as well get a normal one and a purple skin/case for it. Quite happy with my score.

hey guys do you know if we have to be an upgraded member (i mean the one that you have to pay some money every year) to be eligible for these deals? i have rewards card thingy but im not paying anything yearly. thanks

bread's done
Back