gamestop pre-order dilemma

asgaga

CAGiversary!
hi
I was able to get a wii preorder off of gamestop ( 7 of 14), but im going to be out of town sunday and monday. Does anyone know if i can transfer my pre-order to my brother so he can pick it up? When i preordered it the employee told me that i was the only one that was able to pick up the system and i really want to go on this trip ( Its to Las Vegas). If not i wont go :whistle2:(

As long as he has the receipt, I don't know what would stop you. I've never gotten a system at EB, but it's not as if they check my ID when I pick up preordered games.

[quote name='iheartmetal']just pick it up when you get back, they arent going to be hard to find.[/QUOTE]

And you would know?

I say you call and ask the manager to hold it for you, since you did reserve it.

I reserved by DSL at EB and ended up buying it at CC (due to a free game and better replacement plan). When I went back the day after the launch, I asked for my money back and they sighed with relief because they sold my system already.:roll:

[quote name='Bezerker']www.Ps3seeker.com/wii[/quote]
while this says how many wiis may or may not be in a given area, it does not say how many will want a wii in a given area, Its only usefull for when you camp and head counting if these numbers are at all trust worthy.

[quote name='asgaga']hi
I was able to get a wii preorder off of gamestop ( 7 of 14), but im going to be out of town sunday and monday. Does anyone know if i can transfer my pre-order to my brother so he can pick it up? When i preordered it the employee told me that i was the only one that was able to pick up the system and i really want to go on this trip ( Its to Las Vegas). If not i wont go :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
They only hold systems for 2 days (48 hours). If you dont pick it up that first day, they'll probably sell it cuz they want that money. Just give your brother the receipt and have him pick it up. They wont ask for ID or anything. So as long you have receipt and money, they wont say anything.

When I went to pay off my 3 Wii preorders, One of them was under my gfs name and the other was my dads. The employee didnt ask. He just asked how I am paying and if it was the rest of the deposit. I said yes, paid for all 3 and left.

[quote name='iheartmetal']yes i would[/QUOTE]

No you don't. You have how many each store has, congratulations. That does NOT mean they will be easy to find. Even if Target had 500 of them people WILL be buying these and multiple of them. It will be just like the DS Lite launch...sold out in some areas and fully stocked in others.

[quote name='iazybandit']They only hold systems for 2 days (48 hours). If you dont pick it up that first day, they'll probably sell it cuz they want that money. [/QUOTE]

They only make $10-$15 off systems...more on software. The faster they sell them the faster they get restocked. I'm actually shocked TRU is allowing pickups of up to 2 days after release.

[quote name='gizmogc']They only make $10-$15 off systems...more on software. The faster they sell them the faster they get restocked. I'm actually shocked TRU is allowing pickups of up to 2 days after release.[/QUOTE]
I worked for EB/GS. They sell preordered systems just to get rid of it and make the sales quota or to get more money. WHen PS2/Xbox launched, those who didnt pick up their systems on day 1, we sold them to walk-ins. They also make money on accessories. Thats why when you see them sell bundles, it always includes lots of accessories.

EB/GS also have holds for 2 days. If you look on receipts, it says all new releases are held for 48 hours.

[quote name='iazybandit']I worked for EB/GS. They sell preordered systems just to get rid of it and make the sales quota or to get more money. WHen PS2/Xbox launched, those who didnt pick up their systems on day 1, we sold them to walk-ins. They also make money on accessories. Thats why when you see them sell bundles, it always includes lots of accessories.

EB/GS also have holds for 2 days. If you look on receipts, it says all new releases are held for 48 hours.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thats sounds like what a GS employee was saying to a customer the other day about the PS3. He told a guy without a pre-order to show up on launch day anyway. And in the event someone didn't pick up their pre-order he might have a chance to pick it up.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Yeah, thats sounds like what a GS employee was saying to a customer the other day about the PS3. He told a guy without a pre-order to show up on launch day anyway. And in the event someone didn't pick up their pre-order he might have a chance to pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Why hold a system in the back when they can sell it that same day. I personally would hold it for one day before selling it to walk-ins.

Just a heads up, might want to check on that ID thing at your local GS/EB. Mine won't let me in for a midnight launch without my ID, confirming that I have a preorder with them (receipt alone will not do). I have a feeling this is more to keep rifraff out of the store at midnight than it is to make sure they sell the system to exactly the right person, but it wouldn't hurt to double check.

The way I see it, you have two options. One, just give your brother the receipt and have him pick it up while you are out of town, don't worry about the ID thing because he doesn't have to get it at the midnight launch, or B: go talk to the store manager with your brother and let him know that you still want to pick up the system on Sunday but will be out of town and that your brother is going to come pick it up. I don't see how this is even an issue.

[quote name='daroga']Just a heads up, might want to check on that ID thing at your local GS/EB. Mine won't let me in for a midnight launch without my ID, confirming that I have a preorder with them (receipt alone will not do). I have a feeling this is more to keep rifraff out of the store at midnight than it is to make sure they sell the system to exactly the right person, but it wouldn't hurt to double check.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check with my local store in a few days when I go in.

thanks for the help all i talked to the manager and payed off the wii completly and he let me transfer my wii to my brother so he can pick it up.

also the reason they want people to show ids is to stop people from ordering from different game stops under diffrent names. IF they have to show id they can only get 1 system. Seeing how they cross check between stores to make sure people dont pre-order more than one system. This may just be my area though.

Here is a question lets say I preordered a Wii with 2 games and everything was paid in full. Would they hold my preorder for 48 hours since I paid for everything in full.

just curious

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Here is a question lets say I preordered a Wii with 2 games and everything was paid in full. Would they hold my preorder for 48 hours since I paid for everything in full.

just curious[/quote]Call them ahead of time. The manager at my place made it sound like he'd hold mine for a week if I was going to be out of town. If your store is cool, they'll likely cut you a break. :)

bread's done
Back