GameStop Preorder Bonus - Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation DS - Slime Plush!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88788

181505_bonusLG.jpg

You know you want it. Bad.

Game is $34.99 and comes out 2/14. Just in time to give to your sweetie. Or yourself. Whoever would love this the most.

1) Got a message that it was available.

2) Ordered 2, one for Valentines. (They had an event with Yuji Horri at a nearby store over the weekend.)

3) Over-reacted to Gamestop saying its ready today and when I visited the store, it wasn't. (Got screwed by this same Gamestop before on Dead Space 2 CE supposedly because their DM ordered them to sell through their inventory on release day.)

4) Got pissed, canceled all(~15) of my preorders at that location.

5) Dropped into CAG to check if they had deals elsewhere.

6) Find out it isn't this particular Gamestop's fault this time. (Will check other stores tomorrow.)

Last edited by a moderator:
:applause::applause::applause::applause:agree[quote name='gauu']theres a reason im buying it at retail. i know many will disagree but the hardcore rpgers like me will understand. its called SUPPORT!!! honestly by supporting the companies(especially nisa and atlus) its the only way were going to see all these really good rpgs that come out in japan here in the states. not to mention look at dq5 i can almost guarantee 6 will be just like that never on clearance and within the first month hard to find. its now double the price of retail and the guide is more then 4 times retail.[/QUOTE]

Note: stopped by 2 Targets today and neither of them had it in stock (wasn't in the back room either). Looks like a major SNAFU on this one.

called my gamestop and they said its due in today. the plushies are about the size of a baseball to the manager said. she also quoted the words "you mean this cute blue ball thingy"..hearing that made me smile.

Gamestop almost always changes the status of preorder games to backordered when they are about to ship them out. Someone at neogaf called them and they said his game (DQVI) was not really on backorder and was going to ship out today.

im gonna call mine today as i didnt get mine yesterday
i want my game and plush

also the guide is backordered on amazon and ive had it pre-ordered since january.

[quote name='Jupiter Jones']Gamestop almost always changes the status of preorder games to backordered when they are about to ship them out. Someone at neogaf called them and they said his game (DQVI) was not really on backorder and was going to ship out today.[/QUOTE]Earlier this morning, it was showing as "backordered" and now, it's showing as "Ships in 24 hours" on the GS.com website.

[quote name='shrike4242']Earlier this morning, it was showing as "backordered" and now, it's showing as "Ships in 24 hours" on the GS.com website.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it still says backordered when I log in to my account and look at my order (that I placed on Jan 14).

Went in to GS today to pick up MvC 3 and picked up a copy of DQ VI and they just handed me a Slime plushie even though I didn't preorder the game.

[quote name='shadowkast']:applause::applause::applause::applause:agree[/QUOTE]

Two major problems here. First, this is not some obscure little Japanese RPG release. It's a major release by Square being published by Nintendo. As such, you're supporting two mega companies. Second, because it's Nintendo published, there will undoubtedly be a ton of copies out there, so comparing this to DQV is completely silly. DQ IX sure, but not DQV.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Yeah, but it still says backordered when I log in to my account and look at my order (that I placed on Jan 14).[/QUOTE]

My pre-order from Gamestop.com shows that its status is Backordered, too, even though when you go to the product page, it shows that it "Usually ships in 24 hrs." Also, does the slime plush show up in the order when you view it in your account? For my MvC 3 order, the pre-order decals were listed as a separate item in the order, but the slime isn't showing for my DQVI order.

[quote name='airjumpman']My pre-order from Gamestop.com shows that its status is Backordered, too, even though when you go to the product page, it shows that it "Usually ships in 24 hrs." Also, does the slime plush show up in the order when you view it in your account? For my MvC 3 order, the pre-order decals were listed as a separate item in the order, but the slime isn't showing for my DQVI order.[/QUOTE]
Nope, the "with bonus!" part ain't showing up for me either. This preorder is like an onion...the more layers you peel, the more it stinks! (C) George Costanza

I just picked mine up and the Slime Plushie is pretty underwhelming. Granted, it's better than nothing, but it's pretty small...

[quote name='Ionotropic']Nope, the "with bonus!" part ain't showing up for me either. This preorder is like an onion...the more layers you peel, the more it stinks! (C) George Costanza[/QUOTE]Same here, though when I ordered mine this morning, the page said "with bonus!" though my order doesn't reflect that. In past history, that usually means I'm getting hosed on a pre-order bonus.

Got mine in the mail today.... NO SLIME

Called them up and they go THE SLIMES WERE VERY LIMITED AND YOU HAD TO ORDER BY Dec 31 2010 to get a slime.

I call bullshit since they had it up on their site sunday... they transfer me to their boss who wasnt even in their office.

Called up a few stores and one store said if i show them the recept they would give me a slime...

IT did cost me 5 bucks in gas but i did get a slime and a pack of those Tactics orge cards

Since the worker in the store said there is a 99.9% CHANCE I would not get the cards either

Gamestop online ships the cheapest way and never tosses any of the extras in

[quote name='shrike4242']Same here, though when I ordered mine this morning, the page said "with bonus!" though my order doesn't reflect that. In past history, that usually means I'm getting hosed on a pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I put in my order on Jan 14. You would think I would be lock-in for the bonus. This is my first time ordering online from GS, and the only reason I did it was to have better chances of the bonus. Guess I will be sticking to doing in-store business with them when necessary.

I avoid doing business with Gamestop as often as I can because of the lame excuses they give. Only reason I pre-ordered from them was for the slime, otherwise I'd have gone with Amazon regardless of me having to wait an extra few days.

I went to pick up DQ yesterday and they had it at the back and could not get it till today but gave me a slime. Now today I picked up the game and got another slime. The employee said that only two people(me being one) pre-order it and I was the first one to come in and pick up a copy of the game all day today. Guess is not popular in my area.

My mini plushy collection.
IMG_4238.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GS.com wouldn't let me cancel my order even though my order status is still listed as "open" and the item itself is backordered. Tech support said that the game is being prepared for shipment, but my order status isn't reflecting this at all so by all rights I should be allowed to cancel. In the past, when I've ordered something from GS.com the change in order status has been very timely, so something's definitely up. Probably getting screwed on the slime plushie too.

Whenever I receive my order, can I return an item ordered online at an actual store? This is such a mess.

[quote name='fwbweux']Whenever I receive my order, can I return an item ordered online at an actual store? This is such a mess.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='sadboy']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll probably just turn around and put that money toward another game in store, so hopefully it's no trouble.

called back gamestop and was told

they DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLUSHIE to fill the preorder so they put in another order of the company who is doing the stuff things..

please allow 3 to 5 days for the item to ship BUT it COULD TAKE UP TO 3 WEEKS

I still call BS on it and will never see it....

they also said Please allow up to 72 hours for my Tactics orge psp game to even attempt to ship WTF is up with that

[quote name='slidecage']Got mine in the mail today.... NO SLIME

Called them up and they go THE SLIMES WERE VERY LIMITED AND YOU HAD TO ORDER BY Dec 31 2010 to get a slime.[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty ridiculous since the game was announced on December 20th, even more so since there's no record of the preorder offer being available prior to January 12th.

I'll be especially pissed since I emailed and asked if I'd still get it if I ordered through B&N's website and told I would.

Guess I'll just watch my order and keep my fingers crossed. Otherwise, I'll just return my game and wait for a sale.

Went to two physical stores to see if I could pick up a plush and game and just cancel my online order. Brought a printout of my order with me. First store said they had plushes and games but couldn't sell me one since they were all reserved for their own preorder customers. Second store claimed to never get any plushes because nobody preordered at their store. Tried to sell me the game alone and failed to do so.

I'm getting really close to canceling this whole thing and going to Kmart with my SYWR card.

:( Sadness that I nvr saw this thread and had already pre-ordered at amazon...gonna have to hit up my friends who work at gamestop and see if there's any leftover. Or ebay...

I want Tactic Ogre. If they have Tarot Cards to give away with a new copy not pre-ordered I might get it.

Called them up and they go THE SLIMES WERE VERY LIMITED AND YOU HAD TO ORDER BY Dec 31 2010 to get a slime.

I call bullshit since they had it up on their site sunday... they transfer me to their boss who wasnt even in their office.

Called up a few stores and one store said if i show them the recept they would give me a slime...

IT did cost me 5 bucks in gas but i did get a slime and a pack of those Tactics orge cards

Since the worker in the store said there is a 99.9% CHANCE I would not get the cards either

Gamestop online ships the cheapest way and never tosses any of the extras in[/QUOTE]

Any business I do with Gamestop is almost exclusively online and with new products, since I've yet to be screwed by them that way. That being said, I preordered this only because I knew the plush would make my sister's day, so if for some reason I don't get one, well, I don't know if I'll be able to keep faith in any trace of Gamestop's business.

[quote name='gargus']This is not a deal. 34.99 is msrp.[/QUOTE]

Oh please! Been waiting for this game since high school in english. Fact even exist here is deal enough for true rpg fans.

Gamestop online ships the cheapest way and never tosses any of the extras in[/QUOTE]
How did you even get yours from GameStop.com on Tuesday? Mine hasn't bothered processing yet.

Odds are you were just screwed over, since the bonus wasn't even on their site until January 12. Bonuses are always hit or miss for me, but generally I have better luck with the online store.

[quote name='botticus']How did you even get yours from GameStop.com on Tuesday? Mine hasn't bothered processing yet.

Odds are you were just screwed over, since the bonus wasn't even on their site until January 12. Bonuses are always hit or miss for me, but generally I have better luck with the online store.[/QUOTE]

at least for the last 2 times i tried it.

Place a preorder and pick the FREE SHIPPING.... about 3 or 4 days before the items ships call up and ask

IS THERE ANYWAY TO PICK THIS UP IN THE STORE

worker will say no

THEN ASK IS THERE ANY WAY TO BUMP UP THE SHIPPING TO A FASTER SPEED AND PAY MORE

they go in and go the shipping codes allows us to do ANY SHIPPING FOR FREE so they bump it to overnight for FREE

:)

that is how i got mine so fast ...

[quote name='slidecage']at least for the last 2 times i tried it.

Place a preorder and pick the FREE SHIPPING.... about 3 or 4 days before the items ships call up and ask

IS THERE ANYWAY TO PICK THIS UP IN THE STORE

worker will say no

THEN ASK IS THERE ANY WAY TO BUMP UP THE SHIPPING TO A FASTER SPEED AND PAY MORE

they go in and go the shipping codes allows us to do ANY SHIPPING FOR FREE so they bump it to overnight for FREE

:)

that is how i got mine so fast ...[/QUOTE]

Basically you were an asshole customer. Do you get free meals at restaurants? Eat most of the meal and make a big scene about how terrible it was to get a free meal.

Mine shipped, though as I didn't see the "premium" item listing in the order or the shipment notice, I called and asked them what was going on with the plushie on the order.

According to the rep I spoke with, he said that it's "allocated" on my order, though they've had supplier issues on their end. It should ship out in a week's time, and if not, I should call and follow up with them.

We'll see what happens in a week's time.

WTF, I have this listed:
PREMIUM, SLIME PLUSHIE DRAGONQ 1
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

PREMIUM, SLIME PLUSHIE DRAGONQ
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Cancelled
clear.gif
N/A

I am going to be furious if I don't get the plushie. I pre-ordered before this thread was even made!

[quote name='prateeko']WTF, I have this listed:
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Cancelled
clear.gif
N/A

I am going to be furious if I don't get the plushie. I pre-ordered before this thread was even made![/QUOTE]

I called them about my order and now it has shipped. But I also have the plushie listed as cancelled. I don't know what to think.

Mine has the plush slime listed as backordered now that the game has shipped. I didn't previously have the slime listed at all, so I'm assuming this is a good sign.

[quote name='gargus']This is not a deal. 34.99 is msrp.[/QUOTE]

Pre-order bonus is the deal. Is not a deal no more. This more the aftermath of the deal. Anyway I know you just trolling so LOLOLOLOL. Move along :lol:

That being said I feel bad for you guys not getting your slimes. Before I pre-ordered I made sure to ask the employee if slime plush was going to come as a bonus. He checked on the computer (or pretended?) then said yes. So thats what got my to reserve it. I believe someone said it was guarantee to come with slime if pre-order online. Ouch, glad I did not follow his/her advice.

Honestly, I do not want to keep the game at this price. I'm still debating if to return it or not. Will depend if there is a better sale price within these next 30 days since it will remain wrapped for a few months.

[quote name='prateeko']WTF, I have this listed:
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Cancelled
clear.gif
N/A

I am going to be furious if I don't get the plushie. I pre-ordered before this thread was even made![/QUOTE]

I have the exact same thing on my order. Did you order two copies of the game? I ordered two, and 1 plushie is listed as canceled while the other is backordered. Also, I just received an email from Gamestop saying that the plushies did not arrive in time to ship with the game, but that it will be sent tomorrow.

Just received this email from Gamestop:
[quote name='GS.com email']
[FONT=&quot]Dear Valued Customer,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Due to inventory delays, your bonus item did not arrive in time to ship with your Dragon Quest VI: Realms Revelation game. We are shipping the bonus item tomorrow, and you can expect it to arrive according to your original delivery method. You will not be charged any additional shipping for the second package.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please accept our apologies, and we hope to serve you again soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GameStop.com Customer Service[/FONT][/quote]

Before I called them about my order, there was no listing of the slime plushie in my order information. I checked it now, and it has the following item listed:

PREMIUM, SLIME PLUSHIE DRAGONQ 1 0 $0.00 Backordered N/A

[quote name='laaj']Basically you were an asshole customer. Do you get free meals at restaurants? Eat most of the meal and make a big scene about how terrible it was to get a free meal.[/QUOTE]

how am i an asshole customer.. maybe get your #$#$$# facts right before you open your mouth..

I was going to pay for faster shipping and GAMESTOP CHOOSE to over night it for free..

I said WANTED TO PAY for faster shipping if they wanted to OVERNIGHT IT FOR FREE THAT IS THEIR CHOICE... ALL THEY HAD TO SAY IS

YEA OVER NIGHT IS 9.99

and that would been that

[quote name='shrike4242']Just received this email from Gamestop:

Before I called them about my order, there was no listing of the slime plushie in my order information. I checked it now, and it has the following item listed:

PREMIUM, SLIME PLUSHIE DRAGONQ 1 0 $0.00 Backordered N/A[/QUOTE]
Mine says this too, and I have another Slime Plush that says Canceled. Plus, it says the game itself shipped. I don't know what the fuck is going on. Maybe the plush will ship separately later on.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Mine says this too, and I have another Slime Plush that says Canceled. Plus, it says the game itself shipped. I don't know what the fuck is going on. Maybe the plush will ship separately later on.[/QUOTE]

I got an email saying it would ship tomorrow, which is what the CS rep said when I called this afternoon. Apparently a memo was sent to CS people and there was some delay in the plushies so they'll ship separately in a day or so.

Watch yo mailboxes, people!

Maybe all the complains are driving them insane. I imagine almost everyone who pre-ordered online was for the plush. Most people would pay MSRP on Amazon and not pay tax and have faster delivery. The force is strong on this one. I would not be surprised if everyone get their plushy next week or so.

Got shipping confirmation and a DC# tonight, no mention of the slime anywhere in the email so I checked the site. Slime status was visible there and listed as "cancelled" :|

[quote name='slidecage']how am i an asshole customer.. maybe get your #$#$$# facts right before you open your mouth..

I was going to pay for faster shipping and GAMESTOP CHOOSE to over night it for free..

I said WANTED TO PAY for faster shipping if they wanted to OVERNIGHT IT FOR FREE THAT IS THEIR CHOICE... ALL THEY HAD TO SAY IS

YEA OVER NIGHT IS 9.99

and that would been that[/QUOTE]

Congrats on being a sociopath.

Anyway this thread should be moved since pre-order is dead now.

bread's done
Back