Gamestop preorder bonuses

slainviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
For physical preorder bonuses, does Gamestop keep the bonus item displayed on the page even if they don't have any left to ship out? I'd like to preorder the Ni no Kuni to get the steelbook, but when I asked about preordering it in store I was told that they didn't have any steelbooks left to ship out. If I preordered it now is it likely that I'd still get the steelbook?

I'd say no because each store is alloted a certain amount and if they reach that pre-order limit for them, you won't get one. However, someone might cancel their pre-order and it would go in senoriety to get the steel book if I'm not mistaken.

For this pre-order, if any store around you doesn't have any to give out, try Gamestop's website.

[quote name='oddeye']I'd say no because each store is alloted a certain amount and if they reach that pre-order limit for them, you won't get one. However, someone might cancel their pre-order and it would go in senoriety to get the steel book if I'm not mistaken.

For this pre-order, if any store around you doesn't have any to give out, try Gamestop's website.[/QUOTE]

Every time I've preordered at GS in-store, the bonuses are given on a first-come-first-serve basis for those who preordered.

It's worth having your local GS keyholders check. The cases have already been shipped out, and are expected to arrive in stores just ~2 days shy of the game itself. Any GS store can check the number of cases in transit via shipping log and compare it to their actual number of pre-orders. For my store in particular, and nearby surrounding, each store is getting roughly 3-5 extra to compensate for "last minute" reservations. Worth asking at least.

Thanks for the responses.

I was wondering specifically about ordering online at this point. I was actually told there wouldn't be any extras steel books from canceled orders, and I believe that since nobody here orders niche games like this.

No extras from cancelled pre-orders? Sounds shady considering it's a niche game and I'm sure the steel book case will sell for some cash, lol.

Just got back from picking up my case - yes there is a shortage of them I got mine early because the store I had it preordered in did not receive enough steelbooks for preorders so they told me to take mine to make sure I got one. The mention of the steelbook has been removed from online as well.

[quote name='oddeye']No extras from cancelled pre-orders? Sounds shady considering it's a niche game and I'm sure the steel book case will sell for some cash, lol.[/QUOTE]

It's less likely "no extras from cancelled preorders" and more likely "no cancelled preorders". My area has little in the way of niche games, so it's likely that anyone who preordered really wanted the game.

[quote name='ferant316']Just got back from picking up my case - yes there is a shortage of them I got mine early because the store I had it preordered in did not receive enough steelbooks for preorders so they told me to take mine to make sure I got one. The mention of the steelbook has been removed from online as well.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm out of luck then. I'm going to try getting one from Ebay after the game releases (for =

bread's done
Back