GameStop: Preowned 2 for $10 Sale - Starts 9/30

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
List wont be available till Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing it might be a combination of the games from the 2 previous preowned sales (B1G1 & 50% off sale).

[attachment=339:001.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my question wasn't taken seriously since I'm semi new to these coupons, but w/e.
It was our sarcastic fun having way of saying yes you can get 792 games if it really strikes your fancy. As long as you get an even number of games off the list they'll all get appropriately marked down.

Oh snap. The Spartan is gone.

Well I've been looking for something new for a couple years now. Figured that now that everyone's adjusted to the name change I could change the avatar.

It was our sarcastic fun having way of saying yes you can get 792 games if it really strikes your fancy. As long as you get an even number of games off the list they'll all get appropriately marked down.

Well I've been looking for something new for a couple years now. Figured that now that everyone's adjusted to the name change I could change the avatar.
WHO ARE YOU??? WHAT"S HAPPENING?!?!?!? WHERE'S THE REAL ELDRITCH?!?!!?

Thanks. What happens if we go in the second day? Do we need a receipt? Or do we just show an ID and they'll handle it?
Standard reservation policy applies as far as I know (48 hours), so since both consoles come out on Friday, you have till Sunday night to pick it up unless you call the store otherwise. Your local GS might actually call you to make sure you are going to pick up your system.

You will need ID of whoever's name is on the account. So if you pre-ordered under your parents/mom/dad/sister/uncles/brothers/etc. you'll need to have them bring in their state issued ID.

I'm set on grabbing Dead Rising 2, but I am stuck between WET, Dynasty Warriors 6, and Dante's Inferno. I would've been all over Vanquish if it was for the PS3. Maybe next time

I wish I could grab all four, but I'd prefer just two for this sale. Anyone have any suggestions?

Standard reservation policy applies as far as I know (48 hours), so since both consoles come out on Friday, you have till Sunday night to pick it up unless you call the store otherwise. Your local GS might actually call you to make sure you are going to pick up your system.

You will need ID of whoever's name is on the account. So if you pre-ordered under your parents/mom/dad/sister/uncles/brothers/etc. you'll need to have them bring in their state issued ID.
Thanks. It's good to have a guy on the inside :)

I'm set on grabbing Dead Rising 2, but I am stuck between WET, Dynasty Warriors 6, and Dante's Inferno. I would've been all over Vanquish if it was for the PS3. Maybe next time

I wish I could grab all four, but I'd prefer just two for this sale. Anyone have any suggestions?
I had a good time with Wet. The bad part is--it's just a stylized shooter game, pretty fun though.

Well, now I haven't adjusted to the avatar, so change it back!

Some dude told me that they can reserve my XL for me for a week.

Have to limit myself on this sale. Too bad Vanquish isn't for the PS3, definitely would've gotten it. 

Probably just going to get Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Dante's Inferno for the :ps3: If I can't find those, I'll go for WET and God of War III.

I see a lot of people want Wet. If you want a game to compare it to, it would have to be Max Payne 3. I played MP3 before Wet and when I first tried it, I was like whoa this feels too much like Max Payne 3. Pretty fun game overall

I

i enjoyed dantes inferno but my goodness it borrowed a ton from god of war lol. if you havent played either game i would recomend gow 3, hands down one of the top 10 games this gen for me

Straight up garbage for Wii selection. If they want to move stock and clear shelf space, they need to quit being so stingy with the games on offer. Where's the good games at? I see them on the Wii rack in-store, with $30 and $40 price stickers on them still. They need to come back down to planet Earth if they want to make room for next-gen.

It takes a very long time for the Nintendo-brand Games to see a price drop. And I highly doubt Gamestop would put that on sale. Even if they do, it'll be one or two titles. 

i think im gonna pick up dantes inferno, deus ex, the saboteur and vanquish. for $20 thats not bad at all.

The Saboteur actually looks pretty rad. Might give me an excuse to bring the PS3 out of hibernation. But then I have to find another game to pair it with.

Definitely in for Golden Sun and Shadow Wars, though.

Straight up garbage for Wii selection. If they want to move stock and clear shelf space, they need to quit being so stingy with the games on offer. Where's the good games at? I see them on the Wii rack in-store, with $30 and $40 price stickers on them still. They need to come back down to planet Earth if they want to make room for next-gen.
Well that stuff is either rare, first party Nintendo or some other factor that justifies the price and will sell at it sooner than later. The piles of worthless garbage they get in around here they don't even keep on the floor anymore for Wii.

Wet, Dante's Inferno, ODST, and World at War.  Some dumb games, but I must complete my collection mandate!  I never did get to play any WWII games back when they were saturating the market despite how much I was looking forward to what they could be back in the late 90s.    

Finally going to grab Singularity, been meaning to add it back to my collection but I've kept passing on it in the other recent sales.  Thinking about pairing it with Endless Ocean because I've been curious about  that one.  Has anyone else here played it?  Worth my time?  

The Saboteur actually looks pretty rad. Might give me an excuse to bring the PS3 out of hibernation. But then I have to find another game to pair it with.

Definitely in for Golden Sun and Shadow Wars, though.
For what's it worth, The Saboteur is really rad and underrated.

Well that stuff is either rare, first party Nintendo or some other factor that justifies the price and will sell at it sooner than later. The piles of worthless garbage they get in around here they don't even keep on the floor anymore for Wii.
Some of the smaller stores that I've seen have started throwing out the boxes for the cheaper Wii games.

Random question here.

I figure the DS/3DS games will be locked in a display case. Will I be able to get their original packaging? Or should I assume that, because they're in the display case, the packaging has long since been tossed?

Dantes and MGS4. Dantes is cool, especially if you like the atmosphere and depravity, and it's a solid GOW clone when it comes to some combat mechanics. MGS4 is, in my opinion, a must-play exclusive if you own a ps3 and you have even a passing interest in the series or stealth-ish games. For full disclosure, I can't stand the Halo series despite playing every single one besides 4 and genuinely trying to see what the big deal is. I think very highly of MGS4 and Dantes is a bit of a sleeper enjoyable semi-gem, especially at this price.

Help me pick my 2 games

Dante's Inferno -ps3

Metal GS4 -ps3

ODST -xbox

Random question here.

I figure the DS/3DS games will be locked in a display case. Will I be able to get their original packaging? Or should I assume that, because they're in the display case, the packaging has long since been tossed?
From my experience if they are locked in the display case, No orignal packaging. There have been times when they haven't even had a generic case to offer me at my store.

Random question here.

The stores actually received memos during the summer to toss all of their remaining used DS cases, so technically no stores should have used original DS cases left unfortunately. Some stores toss all of the used 3DS boxes while others keep them on the shelf seperate from the glass case, so YMMV on that, but if they're in the glass case as cart only then that is what they most likely only have.

Random question here.

from what I seen and heard at GS, they tossed them all away

The stores actually received memos during the summer to toss all of their remaining used DS cases, so technically no stores should have used original DS cases left unfortunately. Some stores toss all of the used 3DS boxes while others keep them on the shelf seperate from the glass case, so YMMV on that, but if they're in the glass case as cart only then that is what they most likely only have.

From my experience if they are locked in the display case, No orignal packaging. There have been times when they haven't even had a generic case to offer me at my store.
Cheers. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope one of my local stores has both games I want AND their original cases.

Random question here.

I did get a complete copy of Rhythm Thief tonight so the knowledgeable employees will keep the cases for worthwhile 3DS games but it's a long shot beyond that.

Help me pick my 2 games

Dante's Inferno -ps3

Metal GS4 -ps3

ODST -xbox
Halo 3 (which ODST is basically an expansion to) is my favorite game of the generation, but that was when the online was super active and me and all my friends played. I'm also a huge fan of the Meal Gear series (switched from Xbox to PS3 mostly because of it) but if you haven't played Metal Gear 2&3 I wouldn't recommend you start with 4. I have heard good things about Dante though, so I'd go with Dante and Halo.

bread's done
Back