GameStop: Preowned 2 for $10 Sale - Starts 9/30

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
List wont be available till Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing it might be a combination of the games from the 2 previous preowned sales (B1G1 & 50% off sale).

[attachment=339:001.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something here?

I remember seeing a different list in this thread that had a few games that are gone from the list now like Anarchy Reigns, The House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut, LittleBigPlanet Karting & Nintendo Land.

Interested in GoW III, GoW Collection, Infamous, Uncharted 1 & 2. But I don't think I can sell my wife on buying games for a system I don't have yet.

I didn't see those on any list. As far as Gamestops holds policy its store to store. The Gamestop I worked in was a "STORE OF THE FUTURE" one of the larger stores with the directional speakers and interactive kiosks And the large demo station in the center of the store. We pretty much didn't do holds unless it was the last copy and only for 2 hours because too often people just weren't coming in.

Am I missing something here?

I remember seeing a different list in this thread that had a few games that are gone from the list now like Anarchy Reigns, The House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut, LittleBigPlanet Karting & Nintendo Land.
That was the 50% off list that ended yesterday.

Picked up: Afro Samurai, CoD: W@W, Dante's Inferno, Killzone 3, and Wet for :ps3: and also snagged :wii: Wario Land all complete.

Anyone think some of those PS3 classics will drop more in the next year, or is this as good as it gets?

Anyone think some of those PS3 classics will drop more in the next year, or is this as good as it gets?
Yeah, I think $4.50 is gonna be just about as good as it gets.

As for me, interested in a few like Golden Age and MGS4, maybe even Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 and Crysis 2. Haven't played a Dancing Kinect game in a while, I may even try out Dance Masters just because.

can someone help me,on friday i bought batman aa,fear 3, and la noire with the b2g1 free code that came with gta 5,well i was wondering if i can return la noire and then rebuy it with the sabotuer

Well, that was one of the more pleasant GS experiences I've had. Walked in, headed straight to the display case, saw they had Golden Sun: DD and Ghost Recon: SW, asked the guy to unlock them for me and headed out the door in less than 5 minutes. Two games on my wishlist for less than $11.

Salesperson seemed surprised when he scanned them and saw the price.

Was shocked to see a used Pokemon Platinum (cartridge only) was going for $40. Yikes.
Platinum too now? This is insane.

Just curious, are people finding boxes and covers for all these games? Or just the discs in envelopes?

Also, someone mentioned that their local gamestop clerk was surprised when the games rang up so low. Are the gamestop employees not aware of their own sale? That seems really odd to me.

Just curious, are people finding boxes and covers for all these games? Or just the discs in envelopes?

Also, someone mentioned that their local gamestop clerk was surprised when the games rang up so low. Are the gamestop employees not aware of their own sale? That seems really odd to me.
All the stores I went to had 2 for $10 signs where the 50% signs used to be. But they haven't really updated the games. Had to find half the games that I wanted.

Depends on the store. My store usually gives me complete games, but I've been to one where they give me a generic case even if I hand them the actual case.

And yea sometimes you're going to run into clueless GameStop employees, but what can you do eh?

Late to the thread, definitely some good titles in there (that I already have anyways).  For Wii, the standouts are :wii: Endless Ocean, :wii: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, and :wii: Wario Land: Shake It!  I'm sure that has already been mentioned, but those are the best value for Wii IMO.

:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for $5 isn't too bad either, comes with the Fate of Atlantis game as an unlockable, matches Steam pricing on that one.

So I got LA Noire, Dead to Rights, and Call or Juarez for the 360 and God of War 3 (again).  The Call of Juarez was in bad shape but it was the only one and sure enough it would not read in my xbox even after a good cleaning.

Anyone know if I will get grief for returning just one game? Will they just give me $4.50 + tax back?

can someone help me,on friday i bought batman aa,fear 3, and la noire with the b2g1 free code that came with gta 5,well i was wondering if i can return la noire and then rebuy it with the sabotuer

I found boxes and manuals for all the games I got except for Golden Sun (but thats not surprising given how gamestop tosses ds cases). Most of them were the orignal cases but there were two that had gamestops generic cases.

I apologize for my ignorance...but is Resident Evil 5 the regular or Gold?
Regular not Gold.

I picked up about 10 games all PS3 all complete. I figure only other game I am looking forward to this year is Beyond and since I am off for a month I can try out a few games for the price of renting if not less.

The seemed aware of it. He even gave me a flyer for the sale on my way in. I just don't think he was aware that the particular games I chose were a part of the sale.

And in regards to your first question, seemed like most of the PS3/360 games had their cases. Not surprisingly, the DS games did not. Was surprised that many of the used 3DS games lacked their cases, too.

I found boxes and manuals for all the games I got except for Golden Sun (but thats not surprising given how gamestop tosses ds cases). Most of them were the orignal cases but there were two that had gamestops generic cases.
On display they were empty cases, but I was shocked to see the employee reach to the back to get the games with the cases/ instruction manuals. I guess it depends on how lucky you are.

So I got LA Noire, Dead to Rights, and Call or Juarez for the 360 and God of War 3 (again). The Call of Juarez was in bad shape but it was the only one and sure enough it would not read in my xbox even after a good cleaning.

Anyone know if I will get grief for returning just one game? Will they just give me $4.50 + tax back?
Just return it to them and tell them it wouldn't play at all. They will refund you the amount that you pay for it. You do not need to return the other game you bought.
I had the same situation as yours; the last sale on the 3 for 10, I got Medal of Honor for XBox 360 and it did not play and it also had some mark on the center of the disc. I returned MoH back the next day and told them the problem and they refunded me the difference and allowed me to keep the other two.

Just return it to them and tell them it wouldn't play at all. They will refund you the amount that you pay for it. You do not need to return the other game you bought.
I had the same situation as yours; the last sale on the 3 for 10, I got Medal of Honor for XBox 360 and it did not play and it also had some mark on the center of the disc. I returned MoH back the next day and told them the problem and they refunded me the difference and allowed me to keep the other two.
Awesome. Thanks!

Couldn't find much I wanted from this sale. It's probably because I played almost everything already or I picked them up in the last 3 sales.
I did get me a complete Vanquish, Divinity 2, and Test Drive Unlimited. I didn't see a 4th game I wanted so I picked up Dynasty Warriors 6 and took it to BB for $9.90. I ended up getting the 3 games for $8.10 no tax because I used credit.

I picked up Uncharted 2 and Soul Calibur: Legends for the Wii.

Surprisingly the one copy of Soul Calibur was complete and in pristine shape.

I picked up Uncharted 2 and Soul Calibur: Legends for the Wii.

Surprisingly the one copy of Soul Calibur was complete and in pristine shape.
If you have the means, I highly recommend picking up Endless Ocean. It's wonderfully relaxing, especially at night. I haven't yet played the sequel, though I have it, but I definitely will soon.

I picked up L.A. Noire and Deus Ex: Human Revolution...both had cases, though no instruction manual for L.A. Noire. The Deus Ex case was badly damaged...part of the bottom right corner was ripped off(wtf) but the guy gave me a new case that had the artwork and instruction manual.

after a long debate with myself and my 2 year old, I finally settled on Saw for 360 and LA Noire, Killzone 3, and GOW collection for PS3.  Decided against Rage since I still haven't finished Borderlands 2 and if I'm going to play in a post apocalyptic dystopia, I want to make sure I enjoy it.   Also thought about giving Madden 12 a shot, but I've never lasted longer than a half an hour with any madden game.

Picked up God Of War III and Killzone 3.  Both complete and mint.  Been wanting to play GoW again and never finished Killzone.  Great prices for both. :D

I passed on this today. I wanted to get Golden Sun and Fallout New Vegas, but I have about 8 DS RPGs in the backlog and several PS3 games.

Of course I may go back in a couple weeks...you never know.

I passed on this today. I wanted to get Golden Sun and Fallout New Vegas, but I have about 8 DS RPGs in the backlog and several PS3 games.

Of course I may go back in a couple weeks...you never know.
I was surprised to see Golden Sun is becoming harder and harder to find in my area. On 09/29, all stores in my area had it. Today, as of 1100 hours, several showed being OOS.

I know it's very anecdotal and based on the GS site, but the point is don't wait! At that price, what have you got to lose?

Got myself Professor Layton and the Curious Village and MGS 4. I wanted Professor layton and the diabolical box as well but couldn't find it. Oh well still decent enough for 10 dollars!

I was surprised to see Golden Sun is becoming harder and harder to find in my area. On 09/29, all stores in my area had it. Today, as of 1100 hours, several showed being OOS.

I know it's very anecdotal and based on the GS site, but the point is don't wait! At that price, what have you got to lose?
I really want Dark Dawn but I literally just added 5 games to my backlog this past 2 weeks :(

I really want Dark Dawn but I literally just added 5 games to my backlog this past 2 weeks :(
I hear ya. I almost did the exact same thing: SMT IV, M&L: Dream Team, Radiant Historia, Epic Mickey... Golden Sun won't see the light of day for a long, long time. But for that price, I couldn't say no.

My haul from the sale, minus Trinity.

I'm glad the last GS I went to had the steelbook for MvC3.  Well worth the $5.

pmm2.jpg

I went to my nearest Gamestop , which typically has a terrible selection, and they had about 3 of the 8 PS3 games I wanted.  All the cases were in terrible condition so I put them back and walked out.  

I went to my nearest Gamestop , which typically has a terrible selection, and they had about 3 of the 8 PS3 games I wanted.  All the cases were in terrible condition so I put them back and walked out.  

bread's done
Back