Gamestop Pro Days 11.10 - 11.12

dontBlink86

CAGiversary!
For Elite Pro and Pro members

Extra 10% trade and off used games above whichever tier you have

$350 Xbox One S 1TB w/AC:O, Rainbow Six (not sure if these are physical or digital copies), a $50 gift card and a free 59.99 new game digital or physical

$300 Ps4 1TB CoD skin with CoD WWII

$650 Xbox S 1TB w/40" Samsung HDR 4K (MU6290) Online or select stores

Games... both Xbox and PS4 if the game is out for both

Looks like all new copies listed

$13 - Mass Effect Andromeda

$15
Bulletstorm Full Clip
Mafia 3
Borderlands Handsome Collection
The Division
The Invisible Hours

$20
Skyrim SE
Horizon Zero Dawn
Dishonored 2
Dishonored Death of the Outsider
Prey
Raid WW2
Bioshock Collection
Uncharted TLL
Uncharted 4
Doom
Wolfenstein dual pack (1st game and expansion)
Mx vs ATV Supercross

$25
ESO Morrowind
Watch Dogs 2
AC Ezio Collection
Sniper 3 Ghost Warrior
CoD Infinite Warfare
World of Final Fantasy
MXGP3
Moto GP 17

$30
Evil Within 2
Ghost Recon
Fallout 4 GOTY
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Injustice 2
GTA V w/1.25 Shark Card
Lego City - includes Switch Version
Lego Worlds is 30 for Switch, 20 for PS4/XB1

$40
Battlefield 1 Revolution
Lego Demensions starter pack
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Middle Earth Shadow of War
Lego Ninjago - includes Switch
NASCAR Heat
Cars Driven to Win - includes Switch

$45
CoD Black Ops 3 w/zombie chronicles

$50
Gundam VS
Destiny 2

Some miscellaneous accessories and collectibles I'm not typing out

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to go all armchair lawyer, but is it really legal to cancel orders, modify the orders so it just shows up as $0.00 and then not refund people? That seems shady as shit, what happens if somebody who didn't know better just assumed they refunded their card and GameStop pocketed the difference.

I used trade credit on two separate orders not thinking twice and I'm sure this will be an ass experience getting it fixed knowing how bad their customer support is.

I'm really hoping that my gift card was refunded when they canceled my order, but I have a bad feeling that it wasn't. =(  What a pain in the butt.

So does this happen with gift cards as well or just trade cards? I've been here a while and cant believe Ive never heard of this issue before lol

Well it took almost an hour of phone time but I got all my refunds, at least I think, I need to do a better job now of tracking my balances. I had it escalated to corporate and they "released all my authorizations" on my trade cards. I would recommend you guys call and do the same. The rep did say they would have come back in 24-48 hours anyway, but after what you guys tell me I would not risk it.

Is there anyway to use the $10 off code at GS.com for a store pick up order? Or does GS not do online store pick up orders anymore?

Well it took almost an hour of phone time but I got all my refunds, at least I think, I need to do a better job now of tracking my balances. I had it escalated to corporate and they "released all my authorizations" on my trade cards. I would recommend you guys call and do the same. The rep did say they would have come back in 24-48 hours anyway, but after what you guys tell me I would not risk it.
Imma call tomorrow, fuck Gamestop.

It would be a little too funny if the appeasement code worked on the sale. If you use it with HZD it would be back to 9.99, so they cancel cause of glitch, give you coupon, then order again for same price... actually sounds like something Gamestop would do...

I managed to use two $5 coupon codes I was sent for cancelled orders to get $10 worth or Xbox Gift Cards. I tried two additional orders for Xbox Gift Cards using another $5 coupon code and $10 coupon code, but they ended up going to review and getting cancelled. The first two $5 orders I placed gave me the codes immediately after I submitted each order.

If you have a $10 coupon code, try using that on a $10 Xbox Gift Card first as subsequent orders are likely to get cancelled. I also heard that the coupon codes can be used more than once, but I cannot personally confirm this.

*P.S. My last $5 and $10 coupon codes that I used now no longer work on anything on Gamstop. For example, I tried applying the $10 code to For Honor so it would lower to $9.99 from $19.99. The code gets applied and shows off to the side, but the price in cart doesn't change.

Hmm, so I received 2 emails saying that both of my orders have been cancelled, but when I checked my order history on the website the status of one order is still "OPEN". I'm hoping it goes through.

I'm really confused. I got a $10 coupon from gamestop that can't be used on digital xbox currency or DLC. 

The email said some or all of my order has been cancelled. When I got to the order my purchase of Horizon Zero Dawn went from $10 to $0.

Only WOFF which was $5 remains. 

I wonder if that will get cancelled too.

I've got no idea what to use the $10 coupon for.

Hmm, so I received 2 emails saying that both of my orders have been cancelled, but when I checked my order history on the website the status of one order is still "OPEN". I'm hoping it goes through.
Same for me. I got emails saying I had game orders cancelled from last night, yet on my order history page they show as open.

I'm really confused. I got a $10 coupon from gamestop that can't be used on digital xbox currency or DLC.

The email said some or all of my order has been cancelled. When I got to the order my purchase of Horizon Zero Dawn went from $10 to $0.

Only WOFF which was $5 remains.

I wonder if that will get cancelled too.

I've got no idea what to use the $10 coupon for.
Mine was the same. HZD went to $0, but WoFF was $5. After the email, WoFF went to $0.

Hopefully those that paid via trade credit won't go through too much of a hassle getting it back...

I wonder if me using a gamestop gift card and the coupon can force through an order on either DLC or xbox live currency...

Ever time I try to use paypal and the coupon the order will not actually submit

I love how the $10 promo code has almost no effect when I apply it as the tax and base shipping cost bring the price right back up to nearly the original price. 

I just got all of my cancellation emails. Every one had a $10 coupon.

I'm ashamed to admit how many I got :whistle2:

Here's to hoping I don't get banned now :shock:
I got 4 $10's after thinking I wasn't getting anything as others said that they had. It took 2+ hours after initial cancellation email to get the codes. So for anyone else reading this that hasn't gotten anything, be patient.

I don't want to go all armchair lawyer, but is it really legal to cancel orders, modify the orders so it just shows up as $0.00 and then not refund people? That seems shady as shit, what happens if somebody who didn't know better just assumed they refunded their card and GameStop pocketed the difference.

I used trade credit on two separate orders not thinking twice and I'm sure this will be an ass experience getting it fixed knowing how bad their customer support is.
Yea, same boat. I do keep track of my balances, but It's still BS.

I also called via 2 phones simultaneously and because of varied hold times, I was able to speak with 2 different people. One said he would call me back because he needed to hear back from someone he was escalating the issue to. The other said I had to wait at least 24 hours before anything could be done as the system doesn't allow them to expedite removing the pending charges for cancelled orders. Both reps said that they don't charge for orders not shipped (despite this not being true for gift cards/trade credit) and both checked the balances for the gift cards that I provided them.

I think that this is important to note: Every gift card/trade credit balance displays accurately (as if it was refunded) on their end. The balance checker on GameStop.com, and trying to place a new order using a card say otherwise. Due to this discrepancy, I found it difficult to get them to believe my money has not been refunded. Both eventually understood what I was saying, but neither offered a solution like you got.

What advice can you offer those of us who still have a problem? Thanks in advance!

I wonder why some people got $5 codes and some people got $10 codes? I'm in the $5 club...
Perhaps, size/amount of the order?

It would be a little too funny if the appeasement code worked on the sale. If you use it with HZD it would be back to 9.99, so they cancel cause of glitch, give you coupon, then order again for same price... actually sounds like something Gamestop would do...
Well, it's a nice apology, and for them it works out better because they sell fewer games at the unintended price versus the number that they would fulfill by not cancelling orders. From a customer PR standpoint, I think that their response to obvious errors is a win for them.

well i want to buy a new pro controller for switch ... wonder if gs is crappy with accessories too.. if you buy new do they send you used? .. i know they do for game sometimes..also wondering if this can be used if you use a rewards coupon..

My order for all of those For Honors and World of Final Fantasy hasn't been cancelled yet, but the tracking number states that it isn't in UPS custody yet, which probably means they're trying to stop it. I'm hoping that they at least send FF, but it's looking that that's unlikely as well.

I got 3 of the $10 codes and ordered 3 $10 eShop credits, two of them went through but one of them was canceled. No idea why but I guess I'm not going to complain for the free $20.

well incase anyonewas wondering it worked when combining it with a certificate .. had a 50 dollar certificate so ended up getting a pro switch controller for 10 bucks with the coupon just realllllly hoping they send a new one.. we'll see what happens..

well incase anyonewas wondering it worked when combining it with a certificate .. had a 50 dollar certificate so ended up getting a pro switch controller for 10 bucks with the coupon just realllllly hoping they send a new one.. we'll see what happens..
I thought rewards certificates could only be used in a store. Are you referring to something else?

Didn't get greedy with this deal ordered 1x each of KH, FF Zodiac, Tomb Raider, For Honor, world of FF, HZD.

Got my shipment processed a bit earlier today. Not bad for under $50 shipped

Didn't get greedy with this deal ordered 1x each of KH, FF Zodiac, Tomb Raider, For Honor, world of FF, HZD.

Got my shipment processed a bit earlier today. Not bad for under $50 shipped
I wasn't greedy but my order was cancelled. Guess you got lucky. Congrats!

So are most people that are getting cancellations also seeing their orders cancelled on the website? Know there’s a few of us who got emails for the cancel with order numbers that don’t match ours and the actual orders still show “open” on the site.

Just trying to figure out if there’s any hope that mine are still alive or if everyone is still seeing orders as “open” despite the emails.

was able to to get 2 $10 xbox gift cards but 3rd one didnt go through.. so 2 seems to be safe if you have a $10 code obviously 1 per order.

I'm not sure an order being listed as "OPEN" means anything. I still have an "OPEN" order from 2015, when during a buy 2-get-1-free I bought a bunch of PSP games, but one of them was "out of stock" and was counted as my free game, so I didn't end up getting it, and as a result, my order is still open to this day.

(I ordered the same game again some months later, and actually received it that time, for whatever reason.)

Now with all that said, I once got in on a Petco glitch, where items were majorly discounted, and I ordered a bunch of fish food. What happened there was that they "cancelled" my order, and refunded me, but a few days later all my fish food arrived anyhow. The same thing happened during that big Walmart glitch in 2013. My order was "cancelled", and I received a gift card as compensation, but my order showed up a few days later despite that.

So while I wouldn't put too much stock into the "OPEN" status as meaning anything, I also wouldn't be surprised if many of us did get our orders anyway.

I'm not sure an order being listed as "OPEN" means anything. I still have an "OPEN" order from 2015, when during a buy 2-get-1-free I bought a bunch of PSP games, but one of them was "out of stock" and was counted as my free game, so I didn't end up getting it, and as a result, my order is still open to this day.

(I ordered the same game again some months later, and actually received it that time, for whatever reason.)

Now with all that said, I once got in on a Petco glitch, where items were majorly discounted, and I ordered a bunch of fish food. What happened there was that they "cancelled" my order, and refunded me, but a few days later all my fish food arrived anyhow. The same thing happened during that big Walmart glitch in 2013. My order was "cancelled", and I received a gift card as compensation, but my order showed up a few days later despite that.

So while I wouldn't put too much stock into the "OPEN" status as meaning anything, I also wouldn't be surprised if many of us did get our orders anyway.
same here have "open' order from 2010 lol

Love this sale! The Buy 1 Get 2 Free sale on clearance collectibles is my favorite. Buying a bunch of Fidget Spinners and bought a used game for an additional 20% off. They need to have this sale more often.

I'll make sure to keep my fingers crossed then and hope to see a bunch of free games still show up to my door in a few days even if the orders were canceled lol.

Just tried to get a $10 eShop code with the $5 coupon but it says my order is being reviewed. Has that happened to anyone else?

This really is some next level trolling by GS. I've had probably over a dozen legit online orders canceled in the last year or two and have never received any type of appeasement code. Now people are getting 9 $10 ones for price glitches? GS really knows how to apply the salt.

bread's done
Back