Gamestop Promo for New or Renewed PowerUp Rewards card

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone,

I went to Gamestop today to trade a couple games and was talking to the associate when he mentioned to me a new promo they are doing for a limited time...there was a flyer that he gave me that offers 2 special coupons with the purchase of a New or Renewal of the Power Up card at $14.99

You get a Buy 1 Get 1 free Preowned games coupon and a coupon for 50% extra in store credit for everything you trade.

they both say one time use coupons that will be in your account 24-48 hours when you register the card online.

Don't get this promotion confused with the select PUR members get 50% extra that expired yesterday.

This promotion is here to stay. Its their new PUR incentive on top of the B2G1 free. Now you get 2 coupons instead of 1.

[quote name='dorkyden']when does the 50% bonus coupon expire?[/QUOTE]
My coupon has no expire date mentioned on it, but in the active offers section it says 7/31/2013.

I've only been in one day since this went into affect so I'm not 100% clear on it all, but from what I understand: The up in price of the print magazine only applies to select test markets. I believe this will be going on for a couple of months. I don't know if the added 50% coupon applies only to these test markets, and from my understanding this second coupon won't be a limited time offer.

I renewed my PUR yesterday afternoon. I didn't receive any coupon. The GS guy didn't mention a coupon of any sorts. Does PUR rewards mail the coupons? Or did I just get bent over?

Just wanted to say that I just got back from Gamestop and they were good enough to honor the flyer I had, though that might have been helped by it being the same two that I dealt with originally. They actually made what could have been a very unpleasant situation pretty decent so I'm happy. So if anyone else has the same problem I did it's worth going in and asking at least.

[quote name='redmosquiito']I renewed my PUR yesterday afternoon. I didn't receive any coupon. The GS guy didn't mention a coupon of any sorts. Does PUR rewards mail the coupons? Or did I just get bent over?[/QUOTE]

Mine went to my account on the website and took about a week to show up.

[quote name='amusedtoe']I'm really less then thrilled, signed up last week solely on the associate handing me the flyer with the B1G1 thing on it. Would NOT have paid for it otherwise and after not shopping at Gamestop for like two years I think it's going to be a long time until I do again.[/QUOTE]

I'd think the fact you haven't shopped there in two years would have told you not to renew your pro membership there.

bread's done
Back