Gamestop PS2 B2G2 (only 3.99 and under?) + ps2 game conversions from new to used

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Was just at my GS today and bought some ps2 games. To my surprise they rang up as Buy 2 Get 2 Free. There were no signs and I didn't see anything advertised online.

Some reports coming in that the B2G2 isnt applying to all games. This may just be the old B2G2 for PS2 games 3.99 and under still in the system, so it looks as though it may not be B2G2 on everything...

-------

ALSO the games I bought were converted to used. This was recent (today in fact) AND it just so happens that the ones I bought were all the 2 cent ones. So it seems that any 2 cent used PS2 game's new version has now been converted. There may be other conversions too for more expensive games so feel free to mention them.

NOT ALL CONVERTED GAMES ARE 2 CENTS

The ones I got were converted and 2 cents each (+ B2G2):

Friends Trivia (lol dont judge)
RTX
Space Channel 5 Special Edition
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
Pipe Mania
State of Emergency
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Sons of Liberty not Subsistence)
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Jet X2O
Jampack vol 12
Jampack vol 10

EDIT: most new games online for ps2 are coming up out of stock even though Ive seen them new in my area...this may mean that all new ps2 games have been converted to used. Note that this does NOT mean they are all 2 cents guys lol they would be whatever the used value is.

Edit 2: it seems that not everyone knows about the penny games at GS so Ill explain: back when gamestop still had 99 cent ps2 games they did a crazy sale where it was buy 10 for a dollar for all 99 cent ps2 games. After a certain point in October these games were no longer carried by GS and so they were sent back to Headquarters or destroyed. (it is similar to penny guides). However, there are still many in the wild and they will ring up as 2 cents if found. There is a list of ~200 ps2 games that are now 2 cents at GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']What were some that you got?[/QUOTE]

these were games i really enjoyed in the past or just didnt grab yet and wanted to experience. heres a few i grabbed

Manhunt, Zone of the Enders, T.H.U.G 1 and 2, Tony hawk american wasteland, SSX3, SSX world tour, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, Prince Of Persia, MGS3, Medal of Honor, true crime la and quite a bit of sports games i really liked (ex blitz the league, street hoops, nfl street 2 stuff like that) these were all $5 and under.

the good thing was my gamestop actually had all the sleeves in alphabetical order but the bad news was flipping through stacks of GH and Madden.

Dropped by GS during lunch and picked up 4 games.

Shinobi
Nightshade
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Arc The Lad: End of Darkness

All for $7.xx

Now to find covers and cases for these.

Argh.. went to test out my new pickups and found that my PS2 is getting Disc Read Errors now. Not just the new batch but it can't read any of my games.

UPDATE: Opened up the PS2 and cleaned the laser with isoprophyl alcohol and its working again.. woo hoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spamfree2']Argh.. went to test out my new pickups and found that my PS2 is getting Disc Read Errors now. Not just the new batch but it can't read any of my games.

UPDATE: Opened up the PS2 and cleaned the laser with isoprophyl alcohol and its working again.. woo hoo.[/QUOTE]

THIS, is the story of my life. I've had to open and clean the laser so many times, but it almost always works (unless it's been misaligned ie. dropped). It's pretty simple, so if you haven't already I'd try it before looking for a replacement;)

EDIT: posted this right as you posted the edit*facepalm*

bread's done
Back