Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Not the collections. Just the games I want to get rid of so I don't have to risk them dropping before the coupon comes if I even get the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean by this. Lock in at amazon?

Do you mean trade in and buy a game. Get the 50% bonus and then return the game. Then buy the game again when you get coupon.

[quote name='toshii22']Still no coupon, is it because I am a new Free Powerup member?[/QUOTE]

No, this has been sent out to free PUR members too.

I just got mine today, I'm a free Powerup rewards member. Uncharted dual pack is not listed in the games list. It also does not say if it is limited to just 1 item so im thinking it's not.

[quote name='prateeko']I don't have any offers in my account. I want multiple games. Is there anyway to swing this in person or online? I apologize for not reading the whole thread but there are so many posts...[/QUOTE]

I got them to price-match the website on Friday in-store...ymmv of course. Probably more difficult now since the ad isn't up on the site anymore.

Also does anyone know how I can get them to accept the coupon if I don't have a printed version of it? I don't have a printer at home and I'm hoping they will accept a cell-phone version of the coupon or something.

An answer would be of great help, thanks guys.

[quote name='Kikyou1']I just got mine today, I'm a free Powerup rewards member. Uncharted dual pack is not listed in the games list. It also does not say if it is limited to just 1 item so im thinking it's not.[/QUOTE]

It's not limited to one item, but I believe the coupon is limited to one use per account.

[quote name='Kikyou1']Also does anyone know how I can get them to accept the coupon if I don't have a printed version of it? I don't have a printer at home and I'm hoping they will accept a cell-phone version of the coupon or something.

An answer would be of great help, thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

They should. My GS says they'll take pictures of coupons as long as they can make out the series number/code under the barcode since they need to put that into their system for the discount.

[quote name='Kikyou1']Also does anyone know how I can get them to accept the coupon if I don't have a printed version of it? I don't have a printer at home and I'm hoping they will accept a cell-phone version of the coupon or something.

An answer would be of great help, thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

I just wrote down the number from the coupon when I used mine. That is all they need really.

PUP website has a mobile version. You can also see your code though there. That is what i did as the coupon i printed got rained a little on my way to GS and a drop of water landed exactly between 3 digits or letters.

Am I able to trade in Ultimate Spiderman for the DS towards Jak and Daxter collection then use the 50% off coupon? I can just imagine the cashier looking at me strangely.

[quote name='LimeWire']Am I able to trade in Ultimate Spiderman for the DS towards Jak and Daxter collection then use the 50% off coupon? I can just imagine the cashier looking at me strangely.[/QUOTE]Just trade it in towards the collection and wait to give the cashier the coupon until he tells you the total.

[quote name='Vigilante']Just trade it in towards the collection and wait to give the cashier the coupon until he tells you the total.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've never traded in anything to GameStop before and sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't have the original boxing for the game, will I still be able to trade it in?

[quote name='LimeWire']Thanks! I've never traded in anything to GameStop before and sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't have the original boxing for the game, will I still be able to trade it in?[/QUOTE]

:roll: Im guessing you really are from Mars aren't you?

Really wish I could PM this at BB. Absolutely do not want to go into GS, and don't want have to actually PRINT a coupon. J&D collection seems like it'll lure me in, but R&C is still about $5 too much IMO.

[quote name='LimeWire']Thanks! I've never traded in anything to GameStop before and sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't have the original boxing for the game, will I still be able to trade it in?[/QUOTE]You should be fine without the original box. Just make sure you don't get a lower value due to a refurbishing fee and ask how much you'll get for the game (some jerk GS employees might apply it to a game without its box when it really only applies to consoles that have noticeable cosmetic damage or whatnot; I'm not saying I've encountered this, but I've read posts by those who have).

Fair warning: You probably won't get that much for Ultimate Spider-Man :)ds:).

My GS told me where to find the coupon yesterday and that it was 1 game per coupon. They said they had done several and that they were going to do it themselves.

[quote name='thundarr']My GS told me where to find the coupon yesterday and that it was 1 game per coupon. They said they had done several and that they were going to do it themselves.[/QUOTE]Not true. I was able to get four collections with my coupon. It also doesn't mention any such limitation on the actual coupon.

[quote name='jut22']I just got KZ Trilogy & GOW Saga for $22.39 each, online! Thanks! (used SONY50 & SAVER).

That's just under $5.60 a game![/QUOTE]

They adjusted the tax. Now I only paid $21.19 each.

i click on the red DOWNLOAD button under the offer and I get a file downloaded with no file type. its called PowerUpRewards and its 51.3kb.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i click on the red DOWNLOAD button under the offer and I get a file downloaded with no file type. its called PowerUpRewards and its 51.3kb.[/QUOTE]

Its a PDF file and I opened mine with adobe reader.

So did anyone that used the sony50 code the other night also get the coupon? Sorry if this has already been talked about, this thread is moving really fast.

Unfortunately the coupon was one time use. So if its not in your current deals tab then I cant help.

Sorry guys

[quote name='dgwillia006']Still nothing here. I'd buy the Killzone Bundle especially with the 50% trade in, but apparently Gamestop doesnt like my money[/QUOTE]

same

[quote name='Brother Daz']So did anyone that used the sony50 code the other night also get the coupon? Sorry if this has already been talked about, this thread is moving really fast.[/QUOTE]

sony50 is dead, I tried it right now.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So did anyone that used the sony50 code the other night also get the coupon? Sorry if this has already been talked about, this thread is moving really fast.[/QUOTE]
I used SONY50 on 11/1, and got the coupon on 11/3.

Yes. People have reported getting the coupon after using the sony50 code though I haven't and I did use the code.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']What?!?! I wonder if they adjusted for everyone.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I checked my credit card statement and it's listed as $21.49 charged even though on the receipt it was supposed $23.49.

[quote name='uiengineer']I used SONY50 on 11/1, and got the coupon on 11/3.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks. Was curious if that was the reason why I didn't get a coupon.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Yea, I checked my credit card statement and it's listed as $21.49 charged even though on the receipt it was supposed $23.49.[/QUOTE]

Alright cool. I hope the same applies for my powerup card. Is there anyway to check?

Free member and just got the coupon, it is in my PUR account under active offers
again, I am a free member.
also I haven't used my PUR to buy anything at gamestop for a long, long time, which means the spending money on PS3 stuff thing is not true.
the last activity I have buying stuff was a new wii sensor back in like may..

Trades in my psp 1000 towards infamous collection. Did not get the 50% trade-in credit because systems aren't valid towards the offer.

Now I need to fine a new battery for my slim psp. Just found out the battery puffed out on mine. I'll have to find an official one for cheap somewhere.

Mine is also there, and I only been active as a regular powerup member for a few days (never bothered getting one even though I've shopped at gamestop for years). The offer text should say:
Save 50% on select Sony Collections (Must Present Coupon for Discount - In Store Use Only)

Purchase 1 or more Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection SKU: 270705, Jak and Daxter Collection T25 SKU: 271076, Ratchet & Clank Collection T25 SKU: 271110, Journey CE SKU: 271198, God of War Saga T25 SKU: 271239, Infamous 1 & 2 Pack MVC T25 SKU: 271240 or Killzone Trilogy MVC SKU: 271272 to receive 50% discount . GameStop loyalty card required. No rain checks or substitutions. Not valid on pre-owned games. Selection may vary by store. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. Valid 11/1-11/14/12.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']^ Still no coupon for me either and ive been pro for atleast 2 years now. Gotta love Gamestop right?[/QUOTE]
I didn't get mine in email, but I found it under Active Offers on the PUR website. Try logging in to your account and see if it's there.

Picked up ico collection and jak collection I store sealed. Ordered kill zone collection and ratchet collection online. Payed all with trade in credit. Now I have about $211 left to pick up a ps3 super slim bundle+ a cheap $10 game on Black Friday!

Placed an in-store pickup for I&S, J&D and R&C but when I try to make one for Journey the webpage never finalizes my order. It just hangs there 'finalizing.'

(Maybe it's out of stock? Anyone else ever have this problem with GS?)

bread's done
Back