Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
No coupon...the deal is live on their site. Go to anyone of the games and see the promotion.

Look for:
Bonus!

More details
PowerUp Rewards special! Save 50% on Sony Collections!

PowerUp Rewards customers save 50% on Sony Collections Titles! Online Customers: Discount will be applied in the cart.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Discount will be applied at the time of purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't received any coupon pertaining to this and I'm a PUR Pro member who has purchased over $300 worth of PS3 merchandise at GameStop in October.

I never seem to get the coupons that I give a damn about. This is why I never renewed my Pro account and only show there occasionally now. They are probably the worst place to buy games at with few real sales...and those are restricted to random people who get a coupon.

[quote name='apterous']I get that email once in awhile too. Totally not connected. If you have a lot of spare time though not a bad way to earn GC's, but you need to take a lot of surveys.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, may give it a shot.

[quote name='ps360gamer']No coupon...the deal is live on their site. Go to anyone of the games and see the promotion.

Look for:
Bonus!

More details

PowerUp Rewards customers save 50% on Sony Collections Titles! Online Customers: Discount will be applied in the cart.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Discount will be applied at the time of purchase.[/QUOTE]

Great find, I saw it on the killzone trilogy page. Gonna give it a shot in a bit

[quote name='ps360gamer']No coupon...the deal is live on their site. Go to anyone of the games and see the promotion.

Look for:
Bonus!

More details

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Discount will be applied at the time of purchase.[/QUOTE]

Odd they sent out coupons lol. I see the offer on the site, but I guess they haven't fully implemented it because it does not subtract 50% in the cart yet.

hmmm online it doesn't mention a coupon, just requiring you to have a membership:

"Bonus!
More details
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Discount will be applied at the time of purchase."

Which makes the service rep telling me to wait for monday just shierking their responsibilities. Does GameStop (the store) honor what it says on GameStop.com or is that also iffy?

If this is so GS (at least the one I just visited ) knew nothing about it and would not honor it for me. Maybe Ill try a different one.

Yeah I just called a random GS I seldom go to (so as to not pre-empt myself if I try this in-person) and they said they don't honor what it says on the website if their register doesn't ring it up that way...

augh wtf

Got my coupon and will be trying it once I get out of work.

Looking to add God of War and Infamous to my collection. Already bought Ratchet and Clank.

Kinda meh on Killzone

Look for:
Bonus!

More details

So you don't have to be Pro....

[quote name='WV Matsui']So you don't have to be Pro....[/QUOTE]

Doesn't say anything about pro. I have a free and it won't adjust the price for me.

[quote name='razgriz417']tried checking out online with both Ratchet and Jak collections, but I'm not seeing any discount :cry:[/QUOTE]

I gave it a try with a few of the various games, as well, and there wasn't a discount. I'm assuming that it was just recently put up on the site and they're taking a while to get it working.

Does anyone here know if the Infamous Festival of Blood is a voucher code or on disc because I'm considering buying it just for that and trading it in for $14 at Bestbuy?

[quote name='boogie4114']Does anyone here know if the Infamous Festival of Blood is a voucher code or on disc because I'm considering buying it just for that and trading it in for $14 at Bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

I heard it's a voucher code.

EDIT: Yep it is.

From the product details of GS

inFAMOUS Collection Includes:

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood*
  • Extra missions*
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles*
(DLC available with new version only.)

Ok just tried another one and they still would not honor it, because it would not ring up the discounted price regardless what the site says. This just reminds me of the reason why most all my business has gone elsewhere...

They wont even honor what their own company posts. GL to everyone, hope you have better luck then I did at it.

I don't think GS price matches their own website. However, you can go to a store, try to get them to do it. If they don't, they should at the very least print out a code you can use on their website for free shipping on any order. You'll have to wait a little longer to get it, but better than nothing.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Another user and myself both got a SuperSlim during the 100% trade in for systems. If we can get another user or a couple more users to confirm, that might be the criteria.[/QUOTE]

I bought one as well and have the coupon. Best buy shut me down.

LOL, just called a store, clerk said another customer was in there trying to get all eligible titles for $10. I mentioned that its only Ico and Jak for $10, the rest are $15 to $20. Probably just ruined that guys day.

IDK, I'm going to throw in an order for Jak In-Store Pick Up and see what happens. My guess is since this deal is in infancy, not all the bugs are worked out.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']never played any jak games, thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Most players like the first game. Jak was a silent protagonist then. Starting with Jak 2 they gave him a voice, and a lot of people felt that detracted from it. IMO the first one is still the best, and I'd say the same thing about Sly.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']never played any jak games, thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Played 1 and 2 and loved them, can't wait to play 3.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Also, clicking "more details" on this page (or any of the collections' pages) just results in the barber shop pole loading screen.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask about this. Guess I'm just gunna have to be patient and wait for them to get their shhhhtuff together.

EVERYBODY CHILL OUT.
I just went instore and showed them the jak and daxter entry on their site. It mentioned the 50% off below it.
Just show this to them. Out the door for $10

called CS after loading up my cart, they said it got released early and that I should have the offer in my active rewards on monday (the 5th), this is what the guy at the local gamestop told me and a friend as well. she told me if I didn't have it Monday I could call and get it manually adjusted.

whole promotion seems like poor planning on GS end, putting it on the site before it's active, employees generally having no idea about it, some people getting coupons already, etc.

I have a coupon, and I did not buy a superslim, or do the 100% trade, so that's NOT the criteria. As multiple people have confirmed via Gamestop CS...it's random...but could be coming to everyone eventually. Be patient, people.

I'm also seeing the promo blurb on each of the product pages for the 50% off but it's not being reflected at any point of the checkout process. F5 button will be getting a workout...

since it's on the product page now and mentions in-store pickup, i guess I'll be stopping by to pick up my Jak and Ratchet on way home tonight then.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Anyone recommend ico? Tbh I haven't played any of these lol.[/QUOTE]

Shadow of the Colossus is all you need. Ico is blegh.

Just traded in the following games to Best Buy: God Of War Collection God of War Origins, God of War 3, inFamous, inFamous 2, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and Killzone 3 for a total of $73.50.

Friend is buying GoW Saga, inFamous Collection, Killzone Collection, Uncharted Collection, Ratchet and Clank Collection, and Journey Collection. Adding the $73.50 to his pitch-in card and he is paying the other $33. We share games so it works out for both of us.

Nothing like getting rid of 11 games/cases on my shelf, replacing them with 7 cases but getting 18 games.

I received the coupon. I did not buy a new slimmer PS3. All I've done at GS is trade in a 360 in March, buy a PS3 in April, buy a 3DS in late August.

With that said, I already own all the games included in the sale with the exception of R&C, which I plan to pick up, and KZ1 HD included in that saga pack(I'll get it on the PS store). So if anybody is interested in getting any of these games but is not going the receive the coupon, if you are willing to paypal the funds (cost of games, VA state tax of 5%, and shipping) I'm more than happy and willing to pick them up and send them to you.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I would prefer to keep it to one person.

[quote name='DCpinoy']just uploaded my coupon after using it a couple minutes ago. if anyone wants to check it out.

EEKy3.png
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but it looks like we may not need it after all.

any word on restriccions on certains countrys/areas??? or the disclaimer says that they won't condone prices online....I already go that crap from BestBuy, if anyone sees that let me know.

I'm talking about Puerto Rico...... :cry:

bread's done
Back