Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='krztov']not at a store, but I called bestbuy.com to price match, they specifically said they don't price match gamestop, which is odd.[/QUOTE]

Surely is odd, seeing as how I have price matched GS in BB.

I took a printout of the killzone trilogy page on gamestop.com with the bonus offer on it. Guy at gamestop overode the price for me. traded in killzone 2+3 and snagged killzone trilogy for 12 bucks thx OP

[quote name='Jville808']Just got back from GS. Had their site open to the KZ Trilogy page on my phone and showed the guy when it rang up regular price. He verified it on his phone. He then looked something up on the computer and asked if i had a coupon. I of course don't and pointed out it says nothing about a coupon on their site. He agreed and read me what it said on his computer screen, which was very vague. He then called CS and after about 10 minutes was told the deal doesn't start until the 5th. He argued it's on the site now and says nothing about the 5th (or a coupon). The CS agent's response was that Joystiq leaked the info online, early. He's baffled as to how Joystiq updated their website and gives me the 50% off manually. What a mess GS!![/QUOTE]

Joystiq? It was GAF.

I know the guys at my nearest GameStop, I work near there. I'll ask them tomorrow if they know anything about this. Would like to pick up the GoW Saga and either Ico & Colossus or Ratchet & Clank.

so u need to use a coupon to get this deal

how many coupons can u use

Last edited:
[quote name='starmask2k3']so u need to use a coupon to get this deal[/QUOTE]

Yes? No? It's currently in cluster-fuck status.

So the coupon worked, but I had him void the transaction so that I could get some games to trade. Gonna trade in U3 GOTY for 15+60% and buy God of War Saga and Ico/Shadow.

[quote name='joeyshadows']So the coupon worked, but I had him void the transaction so that I could get some games to trade. Gonna trade in U3 GOTY for 15+60% and buy God of War Saga and Ico/Shadow.[/QUOTE]

Do you think that ruined your coupon?

[quote name='joeyshadows']So the coupon worked, but I had him void the transaction so that I could get some games to trade. Gonna trade in U3 GOTY for 15+60% and buy God of War Saga and Ico/Shadow.[/QUOTE]

The coupon that I responded to? Did it have to be overrided at all?

The resolution of it is terrible. Does anyone have a better version of it?

EDIT: I'm referring to this-

EEKy3.png

Called the store again and got the manager, nicely explained the website language. She said just come in and she'll adjust and then figure it out later.

Picked up Jak, Ico and God of War Saga for $40 (no tax, paid with credit). Jak and Ico were sealed, GOW was gutted, but whatever. I'll test the download vouchers tonight to make sure I got the origins games, too.

I'm also excited to have more 3D games to play...that pool is running dry quickly, lol.

So guys... if you were to go to Gamestop's site and look these games up, the deal will be display on it saying it's available online and in-store. Looks like no coupon needed.

That being said, I'm interested in these:

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$20- God of War Saga
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection

I'm not 100% on God of War as Origins is on a voucher and I rather have them on disc for resale purposes.

Going to swing by after work, hopefully I'll get lucky. My Gamestop is usually pretty good about this kind of stuff.

Does anyone know if the +50% TIV counts for accessories as well, or is it just games? I have a DualShock or two I've been meaning to unload.

Ordered the 6 collections I wanted online, got them to adjust the price with minimal effort. Awesome deal, which is very very rare for GS.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ordered the 6 collections I wanted online, got them to adjust the price with minimal effort. Awesome deal, which is very very rare for GS.[/QUOTE]
did you have a coupon?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ordered the 6 collections I wanted online, got them to adjust the price with minimal effort. Awesome deal, which is very very rare for GS.[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to say. ;)

I'm gonna wait to sign up for PUR until people have some more success with this. After calling two GS and having them both give me iffy answers on honoring it, I'll hold off for a minute.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Easy for you to say. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey...I did more work than you did for all of these. You made some phone calls. I ran around...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Do you think that ruined your coupon?[/QUOTE]

He'll be there when I go back in 20 mins. If it's ruined he can adjust it. I'm cool with the guys there.

Gah...I hope this deal isn't totally nerfed tomorrow due to all of the confusion. I'm still trying to get a nice stack of games together to use the 50% trade bump, and I also just got a nice cheap pile of games from the local pawn shops to trade in, as well, so I'm going to have to compare BB TiV's vs. GS', and just head over there tomorrow.

[quote name='kouleefoh']WOuldn't a yes or no be easier?[/QUOTE]

But it would make no sense, me having or not having the coupon has no bearing on my getting the deal online.

SONY50 is the code to get the half off online. I guessed and it worked. But it only works for one product at a time so place multiple orders if you want more than 1 game. Stacked with SAVER for me for free shipping.

[quote name='mitch079']SONY50 is the code to get the half off online. I guessed and it worked. But it only works for one product at a time.[/QUOTE]

I have 4 games in my cart. That only took off $10 for Jax and Daxter. Coupons are buggy too! lol.

Well actually I guess you got to use it one at a time? Just added KZ alone and it took off 50%

Nevermind.. free shipping still worked even though my total is only 19.99. I guess it goes by original price? If that's the case it will only work on the games that are over $25 MSRP

[quote name='roedaniel19']Sounds like the guys from my store. Exactly why I'm waiting for the price to change online; I don't wanna waste my time or gas on a 50 mile round trip for nothing.[/QUOTE]

If this is a PUR only perk are they even going to bother updating the site though?

[quote name='ajh2298']Does anybody know off-hand if the version of Killzone 1 in the collection is a download or a disc?[/QUOTE]

DL voucher.

[quote name='barrit']I have 4 games in my cart. That only took off $10 for Jax and Daxter. Coupons are buggy too! lol.

Well actually I guess you got to use it one at a time? Just added KZ alone and it took off 50%

Nevermind.. free shipping still worked even though my total is only 19.99. I guess it goes by original price?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, original price because I got it to work on one Ratchet and Clank order and one Journey order.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Anyway you can get the "Sony50" code to work Instore if you ask them to ship it to home?[/QUOTE]

I need to figure this out as well.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']But it would make no sense, me having or not having the coupon has no bearing on my getting the deal online.[/QUOTE]
I guess what I was confused about is when you said you got it adjusted. I wasn't sure if it was done in store (online for in store pick up) or online as well. And if it was in store, did u use a coupon.

[quote name='mitch079']SONY50 is the code to get the half off online. I guessed and it worked. But it only works for one product at a time so place multiple orders if you want more than 1 game. Stacked with SAVER for me for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Was able to get GoW saga for $23 after tax. I was able to stack sony50 & saver for free shipping as well.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I guess what I was confused about is when you said you got it adjusted. I wasn't sure if it was in store or online as well. And if it was in store, did u use a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Why should it matter if he did or not? This is CAG. We type in half-truths and non-answers that lead us nowhere.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I guess what I was confused about is when you said you got it adjusted. I wasn't sure if it was in store or online as well. And if it was in store, did u use a coupon.[/QUOTE]

It was online, ordered 6 games, for $212 total. They adjusted it down to $106 after tax.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I need to figure this out as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd rather not spend $3 on shipping for every individual order

[quote name='mitch079']SONY50 is the code to get the half off online. I guessed and it worked. But it only works for one product at a time so place multiple orders if you want more than 1 game. Stacked with SAVER for me for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Nicely done, sir! Worked for me. This should be added to the OP.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']doesnt work on used?[/QUOTE]

Sony supplied GameStop the credits to do this promotion. Figure out the rest from there.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Anyway you can get the "Sony50" code to work Instore if you ask them to ship it to home?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed! Got journey shipped free for $17 thanks

Thanks! Got my KZ Trilogy for $23. Bonus = not having to argue with GS associates over their own fuck-ing promos....

bread's done
Back