Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']Come on guy, what's with the cockteasing. Just post the whole thing in that resolution. Gotta love CAG/GAF.[/QUOTE]

I believe that would be a CAG ToS violation...

I really do want to get in on this but I know that these will be the same price if not lower on Black Friday. If anything, I'll get Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection, Jak and Daxter Collection, God of War Saga, Journey CE and Ratchet and Clank Collection.

Still, its likely that these will all be $10 during Black Friday so I'll only get the $10 ones.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Why should it matter if he did or not? This is CAG. We type in half-truths and non-answers that lead us nowhere.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It was online, ordered 6 games, for $212 total. They adjusted it down to $106 after tax.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. I'm a little slow today, sorry.

So is there anything on gamestop.com that I can print out with the deal and the specifics of the 50% trade bonus? I have a ton of stuff to trade in and I'd rather get the 60% for this than the 40% for the Tiered promotion.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Sony supplied GameStop the credits to do this promotion. Figure out the rest from there.[/QUOTE]

I supply your mom with credits after sex. Figure out the rest from there.

Awesome.. I got 3 of the 4 that I wanted that are over $24.99 MSRP so I could get free shipping. I wanted Jak and Daxter also, but I can do without it for now.

[quote name='mitch079']SONY50 is the code to get the half off online. I guessed and it worked. But it only works for one product at a time so place multiple orders if you want more than 1 game. Stacked with SAVER for me for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, picked up the KZ Trilogy :D

[quote name='mitch079']SONY50 is the code to get the half off online. I guessed and it worked. But it only works for one product at a time so place multiple orders if you want more than 1 game. Stacked with SAVER for me for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

You are amazing. GOW and Ratchet collections so far, thank you so much for sharing.

I don't fucking get some of you. There is no need for a coupon. Go into the store and show them the website on your phone if you get resistance on the deal. QUIT ASKING FOR THE fuckING COUPON ALREADY!

[quote name='azngtlman']Ordered GOW Saga online as well. Anyone notice besides me that we were taxed on the original amount and not the sale price?[/QUOTE]

I think it adjusts when it actually ships. Check your bank account because I've noticed that as well in the past. I'd have a certain amount written in my checkbook and a lower amount would go through when I checked my bank account online.

[quote name='uiengineer']I don't fucking get some of you. There is no need for a coupon. Go into the store and show them the website on your phone if you get resistance on the deal. QUIT ASKING FOR THE fuckING COUPON ALREADY![/QUOTE]
Whoa there skippy

I tried just using the website, didn't work. I tried the coupon image posted here, didn't work, said it was already used. Told them if they would be so nice to adjust it of I called a CS rep and they said they wouldn't and that the manager wasn't free to contact so I was like alright I'll come back later (no I won't). I won't pay for shipping and risk being charged wrong right now either.

Anyone have a recent TIV for ICO/SofC?
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - $6 (9/30/12)

By chance if it went up a dollar, I may be able to tradein my used for a new, lol.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Whoa there skippy[/QUOTE]
It is basic reading comp. I guess it bugs me more because I have actually been following this thread and reading all the posts. Every other one is asking for the coupon (even after it was discovered that no coupon is necessary).

[quote name='uiengineer']I don't fucking get some of you. There is no need for a coupon. Go into the store and show them the website on your phone if you get resistance on the deal. QUIT ASKING FOR THE fuckING COUPON ALREADY![/QUOTE]

That doesn't always work. They turned me down, saying I probably needed a coupon. How about you don't come back into this thread, that way you don't have to see the requests and we don't have to tell you to shut up. Win/win

It might be hard for you to believe, but some of the people posting in this thread have already run into troubles in which the employees asked for a coupon, despite the website making no mention of one needed for the transaction.

Got it to work with Ratchet, 1/2 off + free shipping. Trying to get shipping to work with jak now too (no luck as of yet)

edit: ah derp, forgot saver only works when the cart is 24.99 or higher

[quote name='ajh2298']Does anybody know off-hand if the version of Killzone 1 in the collection is a download or a disc?[/QUOTE]

After googling an unboxing video, it looks like KZ1-2 are on a disc and KZ3 is on a separate disc. I found out that you have to install KZ1 to your system and the disc is required to play (after install). It is not a voucher.

[quote name='sonicsam']I tried just using the website, didn't work. I tried the coupon image posted here, didn't work, said it was already used. Told them if they would be so nice to adjust it of I called a CS rep and they said they wouldn't and that the manager wasn't free to contact so I was like alright I'll come back later (no I won't).[/QUOTE]

Did you log in? You have to login with your PUR membership linked to your account or it won't work. I did that at first, but it worked after I logged in.

[quote name='sonicsam']I tried just using the website, didn't work. I tried the coupon image posted here, didn't work, said it was already used. Told them if they would be so nice to adjust it of I called a CS rep and they said they wouldn't and that the manager wasn't free to contact so I was like alright I'll come back later (no I won't).[/QUOTE]
That is bullshit. It is right on the website. I'm heading to my GS after work. I better not have to deal with idiots when I get there.

Thank you very much, smart sir! :)

Hmmm, given the wording on the "Bonus Deal" on the various items' pages, it may be possible to try to get the DS3 bundles with the various games manually adjusted to half off, too. As well as other PS3 collections...

"PowerUp Rewards special! Save 50% on Sony Collections!"

[quote name='Nintendonly']It might be hard for you to believe, but some of the people posting in this thread have already run into troubles in which the employees asked for a coupon, despite the website making no mention of one needed for the transaction.[/QUOTE]
Well, then I apologize to you CAG folks. I should take it out on the morons that work at GS.

[quote name='uiengineer']That is bullshit. It is right on the website. I'm heading to my GS after work. I better not have to deal with idiots when I get there.[/QUOTE]

It's GameStop. You're guaranteed to encounter an issue with the peasants working there.

[quote name='sonicsam']I tried just using the website, didn't work. I tried the coupon image posted here, didn't work, said it was already used. Told them if they would be so nice to adjust it of I called a CS rep and they said they wouldn't and that the manager wasn't free to contact so I was like alright I'll come back later (no I won't). I won't pay for shipping and risk being charged wrong right now either.[/QUOTE]

enter codes SONY50 and SAVER

only the $10 ones will charge shipping, the rest are good to go

[quote name='uiengineer']Well, then I apologize to you CAG folks. I should take it out on the morons that work at GS.[/QUOTE]

Take it out on corporate, not fair some people got the coupon and others didn't. They did this to themselves..

[quote name='uiengineer']That is bullshit. It is right on the website. I'm heading to my GS after work. I better not have to deal with idiots when I get there.[/QUOTE]

You've never been to a GS before, then?

[quote name='MikeE021286']Where is this in the website? I don't see it...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Gamestop has already removed that "PUR 50% Off Sale" text from their site that was on these titles. Looks like they ran it early... Coupon still works though

Was just at a Gamestop in Northeast, MD and they said that a coupon would be "emailed out November 5th" I was able to bring the product page up on my phone with the information about the discount visible.

Half hour later when I get home there is no mention of the discount anywhere on the website.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Where is this in the website? I don't see it...[/QUOTE]

It's listed on the game page. Say click on GoW saga and scroll down and you'll see it.

Edit- n/m guess its been removed.

Can someone provide me your PUR account # since I dont have one and cant use the coupon code online right now. PM me if you can. Thanks !

[quote name='Xellos2099']Anyway to get free shipping with code?[/QUOTE]

^I have the same question. How are some of you getting free shipping?

dude you're like my favorite person in the world! thank you soooo much. picked up ratchet, journey, and killzone. contemplating whether or not to get ico since that will cost shipping

Okay, so how it works is that the games are 50% off AND you get 50% trade-in bonus if you trade in a game to buy one of them?

had best buy ready to price match finally (on the phone for the website), they put me on hold to adjust, after 10 minutes, call dropped, refresh GS page, deal gone, now i'm SOL :(

Even with shipping those $10 titles do not exceed $15 and I just took the bite... here goes $100 in my account... Q_Q

Since I was already in the area, I dropped by there today.

I got ICO/Jak/Journey and went to the register where it rang up for about $75. Then I mentioned they were 50% off. I was told this was their 50% which received a laugh and "No, it isn't" from me. Then I showed him the ad (on my phone) and was told it was "In-Store Pick Up" only. After telling him to try reading it again, he check the other computer and spent about 15 minutes trying to figure it out. However, I got the games for the discount.

[quote name='parkerwilson']"SAVER" will get you free shipping[/QUOTE]

Is this if you pick STANDARD? Or, is it the VALUE option? (first time using coupons on GS).

[quote name='yokofox33']Don't want to deal with this promotion in store, so I'm getting R&C online. Thanks for the code![/QUOTE]

I did the same.

If I really want Jak and Daxter (I won't pay for shipping) I'll get it in store.

bread's done
Back