Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see that most people's online orders are being fulfilled. I missed out on using the code, but luckily I was able to PM Jak and Ratchet (only two I needed) at Best Buy.

For all those attempting Best Buy PM's, it looks like there won't be any more shipments of the Jak Collection to stores. Most of the ones in my area were out of them, and I was fortunate the rep helping me knew how to OMS order a copy to be shipped to my house.

Perhaps to help with potential pricematches and evidence for Gamestop employees, the OP can be updated with the links to these original screen captures / scans of the individual product pages that indicate the only caveat originally was PowerUp Rewards membership (free OR pro)...no mention of a coupon was ever made originally, and given how many of these orders shipped it should be open to PowerUp Rewards member.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a bs promo. i contacted them by email. and this is the response.

ME:hello.i see that there is a promotion on the website and instore for 50% off sony collections with a coupons from powerup rewards members.I have not received that coupon but i see that the promotion is active.why havent i recieved that coupons even thought im a paid member?

GS CS:Dear Tito,

Thank you for contacting PowerUp Rewards.

Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.?

If you have additional questions, we are here for you. You can respond to this email, or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am ? 8pm at 800-883-8895.

[quote name='karkyco']Perhaps to help with potential pricematches and evidence for Gamestop employees, the OP can be updated with the links to these original screen captures / scans of the individual product pages that indicate the only caveat originally was PowerUp Rewards membership (free OR pro)...no mention of a coupon was ever made originally, and given how many of these orders shipped it should be open to PowerUp Rewards member.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for those. I tried using those scans at the only local GS with a sealed Jak but they said no outright, citing that "they haven't been informed of the promo, it wasn't in the system, website might be a mistake that they can't honor, etc..." Fair enough, I suppose. Will see come Monday if GS honors it.

What kind of membership is this?you pay for it yet you dont quite get all the freaken benefits? Criteria? it said nothing about it.just to be a member.i see they have now taken the freaken sale down too.

[quote name='thisisthetito4']What kind of membership is this?you pay for it yet you dont quite get all the freaken benefits? Criteria? it said nothing about it.just to be a member.i see they have now taken the freaken sale down too.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think it was those of us that got a SuperSlim recently (I have seen at least 2 others confirm getting the coupon and having traded in for the new system during the 100% bonus)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I honestly think it was those of us that got a SuperSlim recently (I have seen at least 2 others confirm getting the coupon and having traded in for the new system during the 100% bonus)[/QUOTE]
could be.but why advertise on the site and just say PUR members exclusive and not mention that?i just think the promo was a bust on GS part.makes me think twice on renewing my PUR membership.

[quote name='thisisthetito4']could be.but why advertise on the site and just say PUR members exclusive and not mention that?i just think the promo was a bust on GS part.makes me think twice on renewing my PUR membership.[/QUOTE]

Oh I totally agree. They royally screwed the pooch on this one. I was just commenting on what I think was the trigger to get the coupon to appear on your account.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Two of my oders show open and one shows closed. Does close mean cancel?[/QUOTE]

Its either canceled or shipped. Check your email.

[quote name='karkyco']Perhaps to help with potential pricematches and evidence for Gamestop employees, the OP can be updated with the links to these original screen captures / scans of the individual product pages that indicate the only caveat originally was PowerUp Rewards membership (free OR pro)...no mention of a coupon was ever made originally, and given how many of these orders shipped it should be open to PowerUp Rewards member.[/QUOTE]
nice thanks i barely saw your post.ima try at bb.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I honestly think it was those of us that got a SuperSlim recently (I have seen at least 2 others confirm getting the coupon and having traded in for the new system during the 100% bonus)[/QUOTE]

I traded in a PS3 Fatty for a new Slim during that promo and got nothing.

Best Buy matched it! Thanks to everyone who posted the banners and pages. I printed them all off, stapled them together, and took them with me. Got every one of the collections except for Uncharted for $97 after tax (and I know someone who's willing to buy my copy of Infamous 1 for $15, so I break even there).

Honestly though, what made the deal was that I called the store earlier just to see if they price matched Gamestop. The employee said yes, as long as I have proof of the sale. I brought it all in along with the coupon someone posted. They assumed the employee said I could use the coupon, though I never mentioned the coupon before. Since I was told I could, they matched it this one time. Hopefully I didn't get anyone in trouble, I didn't name-drop.

So yes, very, very, VERY YMMV. And I'm not really sure if they would have matched it had I whited out the part about needing a coupon. They seemed more concerned about the fact that I had a coupon and they don't match coupons. For all I know, it may have been instantly approved had I not brought in a coupon or anything about needing one.

Overall, the less I have to deal with Gamestop, the better (not to mention I didn't need to sign up for a stupid membership.) And Reward Zone points are ultimately more useful anyway.

[quote name='jut22']I just got KZ Trilogy & GOW Saga for $22.39 each, online! Thanks! (used SONY50 & SAVER).

That's just under $5.60 a game![/QUOTE]

They both shipped today! I still haven't received a coupon nor do I care. I got both games I wanted without it, at the same price I would have paid w/ the coupon...and i didn't have to leave my house!

What is it with PUR and Sony/PS3? Seems like whenever there's a PS3 related offer it always turns into some gigantic mess of confusion and screwjobs to most PUR members.

I'm just asking because I remember this same problem with the PS3 for $200 coupon last year during the PSN super-hack. Regardless, I would have loved to get GoW Saga and R&C for those prices.

You know, I guess I'm pissed that I waited to see about getting it in store and deliberately passed on getting it online when I could have. It serves me right. Never hesitate on pulling the trigger when you see a good deal. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Charlie Brown spent too much time talking about kicking the football. He should have just kicked it before Lucy had a chance to pull it away.

[quote name='jut22']They both shipped today! I still haven't received a coupon nor do I care. I got both games I wanted without it, at the same price I would have paid w/ the coupon...and i didn't have to leave my house![/QUOTE]

So even if you didn't get the coupon you can use the code huh? That's good to hear, I'm expecting a gift card but didn't get a coupon. Anyone know if the code can be used more than once?

[quote name='Robert Conley']So even if you didn't get the coupon you can use the code huh? That's good to hear, I'm expecting a gift card but didn't get a coupon. Anyone know if the code can be used more than once?[/QUOTE]

Sorry bro, the code no longer works, you are out of luck unless gamestop sends out more coupons.

The promo may be completely over (aside from the rare PUR people that actually got coupons). It appears that the last remnant of the promo, the "50% trade-in bonus in store towards Sony collections" blurb graphic, is now completely gone. I still hope they're going to do the 5th of November sale, but they might be trying to distance themselves from any mention of it at this point...

That said, keep trying at Best Buy. :D

I went to the store tonight to pick up GoW Saga and Killzone Trilogy and was denied. Get home and see all this happening. Shopping there anymore is really not worth it, always screwing something up. I haven't even received a copy of Game Informer in 3 months, renewed in June.

I should just go take a dump in front of the door after they close. That's how my dog lets me know he's displeased.

[quote name='Luriden'] Got every one of the collections except for Uncharted
[/QUOTE]
Is there an issue regarding Uncharted with this coupon, or was this simply a choice of yours not to purchase it?

[quote name='Invicta 61']I went to the store tonight to pick up GoW Saga and Killzone Trilogy and was denied. Get home and see all this happening. Shopping there anymore is really not worth it, always screwing something up. I haven't even received a copy of Game Informer in 3 months, renewed in June.

I should just go take a dump in front of the door after they close. That's how my dog lets me know he's displeased.[/QUOTE]

Try their dumpster. I've heard of them throwing some good stuff away.

Sucks that they trashed this promotion in one day, Gamestop needs to get their shhh together.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Thanks for those. I tried using those scans at the only local GS with a sealed Jak but they said no outright, citing that "they haven't been informed of the promo, it wasn't in the system, website might be a mistake that they can't honor, etc..." Fair enough, I suppose. Will see come Monday if GS honors it.[/QUOTE]

They were probably not telling you the truth then. The gamestop I went to showed me the email their store received from corporate that had the promotion (this was around 11:00 am est). It was the second paragraph down about 50% off the collections but definitely had the catch phrase "select customers"

Bummer. Wanted to pick up Ico, Ratchet, and maybe Killzone. Oh well, whatever.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I went to the store tonight to pick up GoW Saga and Killzone Trilogy and was denied. Get home and see all this happening. Shopping there anymore is really not worth it, always screwing something up. I haven't even received a copy of Game Informer in 3 months, renewed in June.

I should just go take a dump in front of the door after they close. That's how my dog lets me know he's displeased.[/QUOTE]

They switch you to digital copies of GI when you renew now by default. They don't tell you at all... You can still get physical copies, but you have to specifically request it when you renew.

fuck dude. I just had the most extreme fucking ymmv in the history of fucking Gamestop... in a really good way.

I was trading in games and buying a ps3 compilation to get the 50% extra TIV. It gave me the 50% TIV boost automatically but the game was still full price. I was playing dumb and asking why the 50% off wasn't working automatically as well. The manager asked me to use my smartphone to look for the coupon code. I did and of course it wasn't there because I never got one.

Then the manager let me use his coupon code from his smart phone. This guy is the coolest GS manager I've ever met. He let me use it and I bought Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter, and Journey for $40 total. This is also the same manager that let me buy 3 penny guides a while back (which was the only time I've ever been able to score a penny guide at GS since Assassins Creed 1 in 2007). I always get turned down.

Ymmv of course on your GS manager giving you his coupon code to use...

If I would have been thinking, I would have opened my games and given him the 1 month trails for PS+ as a thankyou. I also preordered GTA V for the preorder bonuses (poster and little viewfinder thingy).

It's too bad the manager wasn't the person ringing up my order because I would have preordered more stuff as a thankyou.

[quote name='Tygamr']Bummer. Wanted to pick up Ico, Ratchet, and maybe Killzone. Oh well, whatever.

They switch you to digital copies of GI when you renew now by default. They don't tell you at all... You can still get physical copies, but you have to specifically request it when you renew.[/QUOTE]

Unless this is a recent thing, this didn't happen to me when I renewed a few months back...

I wish 3rd party titles worked with this. I'd so be down for mgs and silent Hill. The gow origins games are huge. I'm glad I bought a PS3 with a bigger hard drive.

Damn. I just went out of my way to visit a store and get a (free) PUR Rewards Membership card today hoping to get 3 or 4 of these collections. Was hoping this would all be ironed out today so I could either get home and order online, or go back this weekend and get them at the store if this magic coupon ever appeared.

What a joke. No wonder I never shop at Gamestop LOL.:booty:

[quote name='joeyshadows']I wish 3rd party titles worked with this. I'd so be down for mgs and silent Hill. The gow origins games are huge. I'm glad I bought a PS3 with a bigger hard drive.[/QUOTE]

I wish the coupon just worked in general...

I have a suspicion many of these collections will be part of Black Friday, possibly for as cheap or cheaper than this false-started 50% sale. I definitely wanted Jak for $10, but I could see ANY/ALL of the others that were $15 or $20 possibly being $10 on Black Friday as well.

So maybe we will still get better deals. All Gamestop did here is lose a bunch of sales to Newegg or Amazon.

Lame. The shadow collossus and the ico collection got canceled with the gift card. On the bright side, Journey CE and Rachet and Clank were shipped.

I was able to get this to work by printing off the deal from their website. The GS clerks had to do it manually, which they didn't mind. Worked out nicely. Traded in a bunch of crappy games with the +50% and got Killzone, RC, and Ico for $5 total!

All of my orders shipped today.

Seems using used PS2 games as filler instead of gift cards did the trick.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fuck dude. I just had the most extreme fucking ymmv in the history of fucking Gamestop... in a really good way.

I was trading in games and buying a ps3 compilation to get the 50% extra TIV. It gave me the 50% TIV boost automatically but the game was still full price. I was playing dumb and asking why the 50% off wasn't working automatically as well. The manager asked me to use my smartphone to look for the coupon code. I did and of course it wasn't there because I never got one.

Then the manager let me use his coupon code from his smart phone. This guy is the coolest GS manager I've ever met. He let me use it and I bought Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter, and Journey for $40 total. This is also the same manager that let me buy 3 penny guides a while back (which was the only time I've ever been able to score a penny guide at GS since Assassins Creed 1 in 2007). I always get turned down.

Ymmv of course on your GS manager giving you his coupon code to use...

If I would have been thinking, I would have opened my games and given him the 1 month trails for PS+ as a thankyou. I also preordered GTA V for the preorder bonuses (poster and little viewfinder thingy).

It's too bad the manager wasn't the person ringing up my order because I would have preordered more stuff as a thankyou.[/QUOTE]

The 50% was not working when I went into yesterday and today. Crap.

[quote name='outkastx']The 50% was not working when I went into yesterday and today. Crap.[/QUOTE]

Damn. The cashier might have had to hit total for it to show up (or whatever GS equivalent to "total" is. Maybe F8 or something). It has to be in the same transaction as buying the PS collection game, but you probably knew that.

this non-working deal sucks.

sucked like the half-day $180 target ps vita; and sucked like the ymmv sam's club vita's too!

strike one! = sam's club
strike two! = target
strike three! = gamestop

m'fing waste of time!! :bomb: :wall: :wall: :wall:

[quote name='SaintTardamus']I was able to get this to work by printing off the deal from their website. The GS clerks had to do it manually, which they didn't mind. Worked out nicely. Traded in a bunch of crappy games with the +50% and got Killzone, RC, and Ico for $5 total![/QUOTE]

Did you print the version of the deal that doesn't mention the coupon, which I have yet to see? I ask because I printed out the add from the website along with all the games that were listed with it, tried getting them to honor it at GS but they kept harping on the coupon thing, then tried to PM it at BB, which I still think might work if I go back and don't have the most buttass stupid cashier on the face of the earth as the only cashier on duty. Anyway, I didn't feel like making a big deal out of it at either place and the BB dude clearly did not understand the price MATCHING concept. :wall:

So anyway, if you printed the supposed version that doesn't mention the coupon do you know where to find it or do you have a copy of it. Or if anybody else knows where to find it or has a copy I would really appreciate anybody kind enough to share. If nobody has it, no biggie, hopefully maybe GS does it for real next week or I'm sure they'll be that cheap or cheaper in the future. :)

bread's done
Back