Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah this should just be moved to the graveyard or add YMMV or PM only. This never really was a deal, to tell the truth.

Just thought I'd post since I've been following this thread since it started, but I went to my local Gamestop and the manager called the regional manager and the Regional Manager said it's a real deal. Only, there's a catch, the coupon will cost you reward points. You can redeem the points and get the coupon and do the deal.

Well, after she told me that we both looked it up on our rewards accounts and neither could find the coupon, mind you the Regional Manager just told the Store Manager that she was currently looking at it on someone's phone.

So there it is, it's real, but it's real hard to get. They advised me to wait until Sunday since that's usually when coupon promos go live. The refused to give me the deal coupon as they said it's Corporate Policy not to do a price override of more than 10$.

Also I haven't gotten anyone else to PM it. So to those of you who have, congrats. Hope this deal goes live for everyone really soon. I have a few collections I'd like to grab while I have a chance.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fuck dude. I just had the most extreme fucking ymmv in the history of fucking Gamestop... in a really good way...The manager asked me to use my smartphone to look for the coupon code. I did and of course it wasn't there because I never got one...Then the manager let me use his coupon code from his smart phone. [/QUOTE]

This is word for word the same experience that I just had with my Gamestop! I went in ready for a fight, and before I said much of anything, one of the guys working there whipped out his phone and said, "you can use my coupon!"
I got Ratchet, Ico, Jak and they talked me into Journey too. (I would have bought them all, but already have all the other games courtesy of Gamefly sales.)
I'll be filling out the store survey an saying that they just saved a Pro member from quitting.
Funny thing was, the other employee there didn't get a coupon, so even among the employees it's hit or miss.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah this should just be moved to the graveyard or add YMMV or PM only. This never really was a deal, to tell the truth.[/QUOTE]

Some of you are just sore that this didn't work for you.
I placed four orders (Jak + $5 GC, inFAMOUS, Journey, and God of War) and the latter three shipped (only because Chase declined the first charge... but not the second, third, or fourth?) because they thought it was fraudulent activity having so many charges placed in such a short amount of time.

I got email confirmation of the three shipments early this afternoon.
I'm sad I missed out on Jak (though I have an 80 GB PS3 and all three games on PS2) but I only wanted it 'cause it was so damn cheap.

I ordered Shadow of the Colossus/Ico Collection, Viewtiful Joe, Activision Anthology, Guitar Hero Enocre: Rock the 80's, and Mister Mosquito for $15.49 shipped.

Got a shipping confirmation a couple of hours ago for it all.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah this should just be moved to the graveyard or add YMMV or PM only. This never really was a deal, to tell the truth.[/QUOTE]

It was a deal honestly with the SONY50 off and besides this isn't dead yet because people still might be getting coupons on the 5th, however remote that chance might be at this point.

[quote name='Solomon87']It was a deal honestly with the SONY50 off and besides this isn't dead yet because people still might be getting coupons on the 5th, however remote that chance might be at this point.[/QUOTE]

not to mention, it's a valid deal still for the lucky ones who got the coupon

[quote name='alwayscheaper']60 pages of consumer disgust with a retailer. How about everyone refuse to buy from them this Black Friday and tell them how you're tired of it with you wallet. Walmart will match anyone's Black Friday ad so get rid of your credit to best buy and make them hurt some this quarter.[/QUOTE]

Lol good luck....just invest money in to gamestop...used to hate them but they made me a TON of money. Now im happy to shop tyere lol

Seriously tho i think so many people on cag are hypocrites...i see people saying how much they hate gamestop and love best buy but i remember prior to this year there was a lot of name callin like worst buy. And amazon was king...can we just stop complaining lol

[quote name='pasolini']This is word for word the same experience that I just had with my Gamestop! I went in ready for a fight, and before I said much of anything, one of the guys working there whipped out his phone and said, "you can use my coupon!"
I got Ratchet, Ico, Jak and they talked me into Journey too. (I would have bought them all, but already have all the other games courtesy of Gamefly sales.)
I'll be filling out the store survey an saying that they just saved a Pro member from quitting.
Funny thing was, the other employee there didn't get a coupon, so even among the employees it's hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. We both got lucky. I'm very very very thankful. I have all the other games as well. I actually just bought Ico/Shadow of the colossus HD at Best Buy for $4.99 during an insane "Managers Special" sale. They mislabeled a bunch of games $4.99 that weren't supposed to be so I made out like a bandit. They honored the prices and did a manual override on 8 games (see spoiler).

Ico/Shadow of Colossus - $4.99
Prince of Persia Trilogy- $4.99
Cars 2 (360)- $4.99
Bejeweled 3 (360)- $4.99
Rayman 3d (3DS)- $4.99
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (ps3)- $4.99
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Ultimate edition with DLC (360)- $4.99
Legend of the Guardians (360)- $4.99

I guess I should make a thread for this in the bragging rights forum for all of this insane luck that is very ymmv. :)

At gamestop, I was thinking about buying the inFamous collection and the Killzone collection just for InFamous Festival of Blood and Killzone 1. Then I would trade in my old copies of inFamous 1, 2, and Killzone 2, and 3 to Best Buy.

I decided against it, but if this sale does come back on the 5th, I'll probably buy the killzone collection for part 1, infamous collection for the DLC, and the Uncharted collection for the part 2 GOTY multiplayer DLC.

Does the tracking info work at all for those of you who's order's has shipped? Mines says "not available", i'd like to know where it's shipping from.

[quote name='paayter']Seriously tho i think so many people on cag are hypocrites...i see people saying how much they hate gamestop and love best buy but i remember prior to this year there was a lot of name callin like worst buy. And amazon was king...can we just stop complaining lol[/QUOTE]

I like Gamestop. I like Best Buy. I like Amazon. I shop at all three frequently. But this deal was one of the most widespread annoying experiences many CAGs have had with Gamestop.

I honestly believe that if you had very little activity on your Powerup Pro card, they send you the coupon. I have close to 70,000 powerup pro points right now.

I think they purposely didn't send frequent shoppers the coupon because they want to get less frequent shoppers in the door first. Hopefully they bring the deal back on the 5th, but it will be harder to find all the games and it will be much much much harder to find games that are factory sealed and not display cases.

happy ending guys after failing at another game stop, headed to best buy and managed to price match with the screen shot of the website, i think it helped that it was late at night and everybody wanted to go home, they never even checked the website ( Got Journey and Ico $26.91 Total )

Can verify the coupon worked in 3 places in NYC without a hassle. The employee's never heard of the offer but searched in up on the computer within seconds and listed all games available. They told me Uncharted 1 & 2 weren't part of the offer however.

The coupon is listed on the poweruprewards website once you sign in under your recent points on the main page. Can only be used once per person/card w/ coupon.
I have 13k points and just purchased a PS3 5 days ago.

104qpo4.jpg

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']
I honestly believe that if you had very little activity on your Powerup Pro card, they send you the coupon. I have close to 70,000 powerup pro points right now.
[/QUOTE]

That can't be it, because i very rarely buy anything at Gamestop-- i've been a paid member for 3 years and have 2,200 points if that tells you anything (i only get it b/c its a cheaper way to subscribe to game informer). I think my last transaction was in June. But i did not get the coupon.

i would assume that the guy working there who let me use his behind the counter probably has lots of points.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I have a suspicion many of these collections will be part of Black Friday, possibly for as cheap or cheaper than this false-started 50% sale. I definitely wanted Jak for $10, but I could see ANY/ALL of the others that were $15 or $20 possibly being $10 on Black Friday as well.

So maybe we will still get better deals. All Gamestop did here is lose a bunch of sales to Newegg or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Im thinking the same thing, that's why I am being patient with this whole GS mess up. Even though I would have loved getting some of those games now I don't mind having to wait for a sure deal.

[quote name='Dramatic Crysis']

The coupon is listed on the poweruprewards website once you sign in under your recent points on the main page. Can only be used once per person/card w/ coupon.
I have 13k points and just purchased a PS3 5 days ago.

[/QUOTE]

You mean under "Active Offers" ???????

It's not there for most of us. can you please take a screenshot or explain the steps you took from the main page?

Last edited by a moderator:
It just showed up in my active offers. It wasn't there while I was still at work at 9pm. "I work right across the street from a gamestop and was checking off and on a day"

[quote name='Segnity']Is there an issue regarding Uncharted with this coupon, or was this simply a choice of yours not to purchase it?[/QUOTE]

I already own the trilogy, so I didn't need it. Had I needed it, I'm sure I could have gotten it as well.

I forgot about Journey, I didn't get that one either. Already own Flower and Flow on PSN and can't exactly sell those, so I'll just get Journey if it goes on sale on the PS Store.

[quote name='weaponx3224']It just showed up in my active offers. It wasn't there while I was still at work at 9pm. "I work right across the street from a gamestop and was checking off and on a day"[/QUOTE]

Mine too! Wasn't there a few hours ago. :D

I just got the coupon in my Active Offers list. I haven't been a pro member for months. I did not purchase anything recently either. I'm going to go to my local store tomorrow and get 5 of the 7 games. Hopefully I can stack it with another coupon too to get it even cheaper.

It does say "GameStop loyalty card required." so hopefully they don't need me to sign up for a pro account in order to get in on the deal.

Well I'll be damned. It's in my account now too -- even after I bought 4 of the games earlier today after someone gave me theirs. Hopefully everyone here has received it now!

[quote name='MrBeatdown']So, these are one time use, right?[/QUOTE]

not sure about that, but we'll find out tomorrow!

Hell yeah, got the coupon. Too bad I already got the J&D Collection online, but I'll get the three other collections I want in store in a couple of days

CAG noobie here, just printed the coupon out, I was wondering if we can use the coupon to get discounts on all sony collections we purchased. Or can only use the coupon to get a discount on one game.

^ You can use it all on one order

I just got my coupon too, after ordering 4 of them yesterday. Might use my Gamestop credit on more and trade it in at Bestbuy. Just to get BB Credit instead

Hmm I guess they sent them out to a bunch more people, doesn't seem like all.

So is this just 50% off the HD editions? I thought someone mentioned you get 50% TIV bonus as well somewhere.

So SONY50 dead already. Haven't been following this thread that much. I only want ICO collection.

Man, Gamestop is such a dumb company. Why couldn't they just send out all these coupons at once? I am glad more of you are getting the coupons though, yay!! Also lulz @ the haters saying to close this thread and mark it as dead.

Thanks for the heads up OP, got a coupon and my account and will go and pick up the Ratchet collection later on today hopefully.

For some odd reason I do not get this offer to pop up in my phone.

I can access the coupon on my laptop though, so no harm done. Just snapped a picture of it and will use it in store tomorrow. I'm in for the Journey CE at this price. Not sure if I want anything else though unless they are good flips. And no I will not ask what the TIVs are because I'm a big boy and can do this legwork all by myself. But thanks for offering guys.

Good to hear others are getting the offer in their account.

bread's done
Back