Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it in my active offers now. Do I need to print a physical copy or can I just pull it up on my phone while at the store?

[quote name='Jinova']I have it in my active offers now. Do I need to print a physical copy or can I just pull it up on my phone while at the store?[/QUOTE]
I've always been able to just give them the code. I've never brought in the print out, so it is up to you on the medium I suppose.

All my stores actually advocate not printing out.

Was going to get the Ratchet & Clank collection yesterday but I couldn't figure out what to add to get free shipping, now the SONY50 code isn't working...bollocks.

[quote name='Davivascaino']which of those games can I download or play on my vita?? I think you can do this with GOW 1, 2, origins. What about journey, flowers, flow??[/QUOTE]

You can play ICO and SotC using remote play on your Vita, as well as the God of War collection.

[quote name='Jinova']You can play ICO and SotC using remote play on your Vita, as well as the God of War collection.[/QUOTE]

those are the only ones??? Thanks for the answer. Just checked my account, and got the coupon!! will get GOW origins, journey and maybe RC

Just got the coupon. For some reason it lists God of War SAGA and not ORIGIN collection on the coupon. I already have GoW 1-3 and just need the origin collection. Not sure if anyone got the coupon to work with origins also. Any comments or help on this?

[quote name='Davivascaino']those are the only ones??? Thanks for the answer. Just checked my account, and got the coupon!! will get GOW origins, journey and maybe RC[/QUOTE]

Those are the only ones that I am sure about. I have played God of War using remote play and picking up ICO today. But you might wanna check the others.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just got the coupon. For some reason it lists God of War SAGA and not ORIGIN collection on the coupon. I already have GoW 1-3 and just need the origin collection. Not sure if anyone got the coupon to work with origins also. Any comments or help on this?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well

I got the coupon on my PUR account as well, but I don't intend on using it. Is it possible to print the coupon out for a friend and let him use it on his own? He lives very, very far or I'd do it with him. lol

[quote name='kart007k']Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.[/QUOTE]

What was NSFW about the NeoGAF thread?

would they still make you wait till the the 5th though? I thought some people were reporting the employees making you wait even with a coupon.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just got the coupon. For some reason it lists God of War SAGA and not ORIGIN collection on the coupon. I already have GoW 1-3 and just need the origin collection. Not sure if anyone got the coupon to work with origins also. Any comments or help on this?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Davivascaino']I would like to know this as well[/QUOTE]

Probably the guy who leaked the sale details didn't get everything right. He didn't say it had to be with a coupon, and Uncharted dual pack does not qualify for the sale either. People have been successful getting GS employees to manually adjust the prices though; there was at least one person who got the GoW Saga controller bundle for 50% off in this thread.

Any mention of this sale has been removed from the GS.com website, though it looks like more coupons are being sent out. I'm still going to try to PM this at bestbuy.

[quote name='mewman13']Probably the guy who leaked the sale details didn't get everything right. He didn't say it had to be with a coupon, and Uncharted dual pack does not qualify for the sale either. People have been successful getting GS employees to manually adjust the prices though; there was at least one person who got the GoW Saga controller bundle for 50% off in this thread.

Any mention of this sale has been removed from the GS.com website, though it looks like more coupons are being sent out. I'm still going to try to PM this at bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the update and clarification on that!

I got the coupon and picked up SOTC on 11/1.

I bought a used PS3 120gb around the end of September/beginning of October from gamestop and have been picked up a fair amount of PSN cards (around $90 worth), a controller, and about 6 games since then. So, I've bought a bunch of Sony related stuff.

also, I somehow got $20.00 in credit for Mortal Kombat Komplete for the PS3, which was listed and confirmed multiple times to be $8 in the TIV thread. He scanned it and it came up at $12.80, which is the 60%, then when he totalled up the transaction, it jumped to $20.xx. Might be a glitch happening.

The infamous collection shipped for me but not the Killzone Trilogy yet, not too worried about it though. Also no coupon for me, would like to have one for a BB PM or a GS manager price adjustment.

EDIT: just checked and I got my coupon!

Finally got my coupon, so all is right with the world. Going to gamestop either sunday or monday to get Ratchet & Clank Collection. Will think on Jak & Dexter Collection and others.

[quote name='phoenixlau']You're probably going to have to call customer service. I don't know if my situation is similar to yours, but their website is complete clown shoes and allowed me to charge several orders worth more than what was available on my gift card before I realized it, instead of depleting them like every other site on the planet. When I tried cancelling the extra bad orders, the funds were locked up as a "negative balance" on my gift card, and I had to call Gamestop customer service for them to put in a request to free up the funds "in 24 hours", so I can't even order any more until then. What a joke (although the customer service rep was cool and figured out what was up pretty quickly).[/QUOTE]

They put the same request for me, and nothing yet. Anything for you bro?

Well, I still haven't gotten the coupon and if I don't get it by the 10am I'm going down there and getting the games on the basis that obviously the coupon is receiving some sort of mass distribution relative to the very few people who got it during the past 2 days. That and the fact that I'm not going to wait around forever to get the coupon just for the games I want to be OOS. With all the people getting them and there apparently being no rhyme or reason as far as your PUR status, I'm just going to take my printout of the promo ad on 11/1 and what I believe is a copy of an actual coupon just with the upc code cut out of the picture. All I want is Journey and R&C so hopefully I don't have to get belligerent with them. :boxing:

Well, Already ordered GOW Saga on Thurs, got the shipping conformation.
The coupon today was in my account.
So I think later, Imma go pick up: Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection, Jak and Daxter Collection, Journey CE and maybe a copy of Ratchet (Just to exchange to BB with my receipt from having payed $30 for it there less than 2 weeks ago. Maybe grab a different $30 title in it's place, credit or something.)

No coupon for me. My membership is also showing as free, which is bull because I renewed it in June.

Email off to support!

[Edit] Immiediately after posting it showed up my my active offers. Nice.

Well its good to hear that the coupon is now showing up in accounts. Got mine first day and went in looking for R&C. The gamestop i usually go to has a manager who is cutie...anyway i decided i should get a couple more collections to make my trip worth it, so i go up with Journey, Jax, and Sotc.When im checking out the "cutie" ask why i am buying all the collections which were adding up 1xx.xx or so.I give her the coupon, puts it in and is like "oh shit" when the total is cut in half. She had no idea about the coupon and was asking how much it cost.Thanks for the head up. All said and done i end up with 11 games for $53.xx and some beers and pool when both our scheadules arent so hectic.

[quote name='quasar502']Got my coupon today, too.

So... The 50% TIV bump is automatic when they scan the PS3 collection, yes?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's even promoted on their Trade In deals link of the official website.

Well, I'm in the same pickle. If the +50% trade bonus is still active, and the trade in values in this thread ( http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325638 ) are correct, then trading in GOW Collection and GOW III will result in a trade in value of (8 + 5) + 50% = 19.50. Since the Saga collection half off is $20, I think I'll only be out about 50¢ for the Origins games.

Also, I think the same thing will work for the Infamous collection. The trade in values of Infamous 1 and 2 are reported to be $5 and $9, which adds up to be a total TiV of $21. Since the collection half off is only $15, I'll have about $6 extra to put towards something else. I think I'll get the Ratchet and Clank Collection.

Would someone care to check my logic/math? Can I expect that the trade-in values are the same as in the TiV thread?

[quote name='Donut2922']Yes. It's even promoted on their Trade In deals link of the official website.[/QUOTE]

Nice... This could turn out well after all.

This might have been addressed but is this for Pro members only. I have the free account and I'm not seeing anything that allows me to redeem a coupon even if haven't received it.

Im pro and I have yet to see the coupon. Got work in a few hours so hopefully it shows up between now and then. Ive been wanting to buy the Uncharted Pack for quite some time.

Got the coupon this morning!! Went to Gamestop this morning traded in a few things got Rachet,Jak,Killzone and GOW and it cost me a whole $18 with store credit. Even the girl working at Gamestop said she has never seen a coupon like that and it was a steal!!

[quote name='BassStyles']This might have been addressed but is this for Pro members only. I have the free account and I'm not seeing anything that allows me to redeem a coupon even if haven't received it.[/QUOTE]I posted a little while back that I was once a pro member it expired in August and I got the coupon in my active offers this morning.

No coupon as of this morning. And now a scathing e-mail off to customer support. How is it we can't figure out the criteria for this coupon? It must be random, right?

bread's done
Back