Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SMBScooby']This sucks. No code and I have been a member for years. I have banked 20,000 points so far so you know I always buy stuff there.[/QUOTE]

I have 80,000 lifetime and I don't have a code.

I would be willing to trade 2 PS3 and 2 360 SSX online passes for a coupon though..

Still no coupon and it doesn't seem like the SONY50 code will be coming back, contrary to what we heard earlier in the thread. Ugh.

Picked up the Ratchet and Clank Collection, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and the Journey CE on Saturday. All were sealed except Journey but I've already verified all the inserts were there and unused.

While I was there the guy ringing me up managed to talk me into pre-ordering GTAV and so I walked out with a viewfinder and GTAV poster as well. In hindsight though, I'll probably end up cancelling the pre-order at GS and move it to BB which has the better deal with the pre-order promo.

Picked up ICO/SOTC collection and the God of War saga. If anyone's interested in the download voucher for the God of War origins games send me a PM.

[quote name='Blade3D']I picked up Killzone Trilogy, God of War Saga, and Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus. Of course this was the only Gamestop to have a copy of all of them, and the only one not gutted was Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus which has no codes that could be used. Killzone voucher was fine, waiting for Killzone HD to install to the hard drive and then I'll make sure God of War code works.[/QUOTE]

Well I went to 2 other Gamestops, both had one sealed, and 2 gutted copies of Killzone, Ico. I was disgusted to find out why Gamestop has too many open gutted copies not sealed. Before heading out to another Gamestop, i took my risk, went to Best Buy, showed them the coupon, which I was expecting they would decline. But I told them I wanted to buy from Best Buy for rewards. The lady there had to call her manager, which called district manager, and they gave a go ahead to use it. Happy I left with 3 games, Killzone, GoW, and Ico all sealed with reward points. I really hated Gamestop and their unsealed copies of the games!

Wow I'm glad I checked my account again. It wasn't there for the first few days and I hadn't checked it since before the weekend, but it was there now. Good deal!

Awesome awesome deal. Late last week when this deal was first announced/active, I think last Thursday, I had managed to get the closest Gamestop to me to give me a couple of the DS3 bundles for half off since the deal was not ringing up automatically (I had the early printouts for each of the games' web pages that indicated it should take half off of them automatically at the register) for any of the games, period. I have to admit I was tempted with trying to go to all the various Gamestops, Best Buys, Target etc. and attempt to clean them out of the DS3 bundles via PM attempts with my receipt in hand and the printouts, but it would be too much of a hassle for not enough reward trying to resell them, break them up and flip/resell them, etc. Besides, given they were never supposed to be part of the deal, I was very happy Gamestop allowed me to get my couple of them at half off.

I got my official coupon on Saturday, and with the trade in bonus, a $10 off coupon with the 10K points I had, I got factory sealed copies of each game for myself as well as a bunch of extra sealed copies to give out for Christmas and birthdays for peanuts. Hell of a deal.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I know that this sounds like a stupid theory but for the people that got the coupon, do you have a B2G1FREE coupon in your active offers?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that is because I did renew my PowerUp Rewards Pro on Thursday night, which I had allowed to lapse. Previous expiration was in March IIRC.

[quote name='karkyco']

Yes, but that is because I did renew my PowerUp Rewards Pro on Thursday night, which I had allowed to lapse. Previous expiration was in March IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I renewed last week and was wondering if that had any effect.

[quote name='karkyco']Awesome awesome deal. Late last week when this deal was first announced/active, I think last Thursday, I had managed to get the closest Gamestop to me to give me a couple of the DS3 bundles for half off since the deal was not ringing up automatically (I had the early printouts for each of the games' web pages that indicated it should take half off of them automatically at the register) for any of the games, period. I have to admit I was tempted with trying to go to all the various Gamestops, Best Buys, Target etc. and attempt to clean them out of the DS3 bundles via PM attempts with my receipt in hand and the printouts, but it would be too much of a hassle for not enough reward trying to resell them, break them up and flip/resell them, etc. Besides, given they were never supposed to be part of the deal, I was very happy Gamestop allowed me to get my couple of them at half off.

I got my official coupon on Saturday, and with the trade in bonus, a $10 off coupon with the 10K points I had, I got factory sealed copies of each game for myself as well as a bunch of extra sealed copies to give out for Christmas and birthdays for peanuts. Hell of a deal.

Yes, but that is because I did renew my PowerUp Rewards Pro on Thursday night, which I had allowed to lapse. Previous expiration was in March IIRC.[/QUOTE]

So a 10 dollar power up coupon stacks with the 50% off??

[quote name='TPerryoo7']So a 10 dollar power up coupon stacks with the 50% off??[/QUOTE]

Yes. I didn't think both would work, but when the employee hit whatever total button they have to hit to apply all promos/coupons, it took both off on the same transaction. My receipt was CRAZY long, but both are on there and went into effect. He scanned the 50% off coupon first, then the $10 off any purchase coupon.

Total for all 7 games with both deals applied was $95 plus tax (not counting the trade in credit appied). Before he hit the button to apply the two coupons it had been $210 plus tax (again not counting the trade in credit applied).

Still nothing. Sucks because I really wanted Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. Guess ill just have to hope they go on sale for black Friday ;/

[quote name='karkyco']Yes. I didn't think both would work, but when the employee hit whatever total button they have to hit to apply all promos/coupons, it took both off on the same transaction. My receipt was CRAZY long, but both are on there and went into effect. He scanned the 50% off coupon first, then the $10 off any purchase coupon.

Total for all 7 games with both deals applied was $95 plus tax (not counting the trade in credit appied). Before he hit the button to apply the two coupons it had been $210 plus tax (again not counting the trade in credit applied).[/QUOTE]

Well, looks like thats what ill use my points for ! Thanks for lettin me (us) know. Ill report my luck later tonight. It might not go so well since i have crappy GS employees ha. Im hopeful though.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Wow I'm glad I checked my account again. It wasn't there for the first few days and I hadn't checked it since before the weekend, but it was there now. Good deal![/QUOTE]

i hate you solely because you got my hopes up. still no coupon.

i'm REALLY itching for R&C and Killzone.

*sigh*

I called 2 of the closest GS's near me, both said that even if you don't have the coupon, if you have the PRO PUR card (paid membership), when they scan it for your purchase it should ring up the sale price for the HD collection(s).

The copies they have left at the locations near me are all gutted, so I'm going to wait and see if Newegg, Amazon, etc. drop their prices accordingly for BF.

[quote name='def PD']I called 2 of the closest GS's near me, both said that even if you don't have the coupon, if you have the PRO PUR card (paid membership), when they scan it for your purchase it should ring up the sale price for the HD collection(s).[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to hear if that works, because another dude said they had to manually give him the 50% off after he paid for the Pro membership, i.e. it didn't automatically work after he got the Pro membership.

I'd pay the Pro membership price if I knew I'd get the 50% price, because I want to buy 6 of those collections... I just don't believe it will happen and that my GameStop will give me the 50% off.

What up friends,

I received the coupon randomly, free pur member, and no major purchases within the past year, I think I only bought like 2 used games each about 35 or so. Have never preordered from them, and have never traded anything in. In terms of what I've done for/with GameStop, pretty much nothing. I personally make all my purchases via craigslist because it's almost always cheaper that way.

So, to me, it sounds like it was a lottery type giveaway.
Sucks considering I know a lot of people spend a lot of money annually at GameStop and have yet to receive their coupon.

But, here's my question, can I use the coupon multiple times even after redeeming it once? I made a few print copies of my coupon and I wanna know if I can use it again. Just got paid so wanna milk this discount while I can.

Hey guys, is this a wise decision I'm thinking about trading in my Infamous 2 for the Infamous Collection, but I already have the Festival of Blood game on my PS3. I also have the 50% off coupon.

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']What up friends,

I received the coupon randomly, free pur member, and no major purchases within the past year, I think I only bought like 2 used games each about 35 or so. Have never preordered from them, and have never traded anything in. In terms of what I've done for/with GameStop, pretty much nothing. I personally make all my purchases via craigslist because it's almost always cheaper that way.

So, to me, it sounds like it was a lottery type giveaway.
Sucks considering I know a lot of people spend a lot of money annually at GameStop and have yet to receive their coupon.

But, here's my question, can I use the coupon multiple times even after redeeming it once? I made a few print copies of my coupon and I wanna know if I can use it again. Just got paid so wanna milk this discount while I can.[/QUOTE]

The code is unique and can only be used once. You can use it to get multiple games in the transaction though.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']The code is unique and can only be used once. You can use it to get multiple games in the transaction though.[/QUOTE]

Damn, wonder what'll happen if I just give them the copy of my coupon anyways. Though I can imagine the computer coming up with a "Coupon has already been redeemed" message of some sort.

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Damn, wonder what'll happen if I just give them the copy of my coupon anyways. Though I can imagine the computer coming up with a "Coupon has already been redeemed" message of some sort.[/QUOTE]

They'll say that pretty much exactly. :) Happened to me. I tried printing out a copy of someone else's coupon to see if it would work, and it didn't.

I tried using it on Uncharted 1 and 2 combo pack today and they said it wasnt covered. Its not listed on the coupon either. Is this a misprint of is it part of the offer?

[quote name='Redtornado']I tried using it on Uncharted 1 and 2 combo pack today and they said it wasnt covered. Its not listed on the coupon either. Is this a misprint of is it part of the offer?[/QUOTE]

It was originally going to be part of the offer, but it is no longer.

[quote name='Redtornado']I tried using it on Uncharted 1 and 2 combo pack today and they said it wasnt covered. Its not listed on the coupon either. Is this a misprint of is it part of the offer?[/QUOTE]

ask them to scan it w/ the coupon. uc dualpack is shown on the website as part of the promo.

I got it PM'd at Best Buy! Got Killzone, R&C, inFamous, and GoW Saga. I guess GameStop didn't want my money. Best Buy won this round. And if you think about it, can you imagine the hundreds of people who got a coupon, but NEVER shop at GS and have never checked their online account? So many coupons sitting there idle; what a shame.

[quote name='blakesgameroom']Ok so i have never pricematched at best buy before. I saw someone put up an image of the original ad, do i just print that picture out to pm or what?[/QUOTE]

What I did was call and say "GS is having a 50% off sale." She took down the names of the games and called GS. She called me back and said "as long as I am a PUR/GC member I can get it". I said I was and she PM'd it. She put the games on hold and I went to pick them up. And hey, it didn't hurt that she was very nice and I was kind of flirty.

It wouldn't hurt to print out the page either. Or you can tell them to visit gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale for the promotion page.

[quote name='willywonka159']I got it PM'd at Best Buy! Got Killzone, R&C, inFamous, and GoW Saga. I guess GameStop didn't want my money. Best Buy won this round. And if you think about it, can you imagine the hundreds of people who got a coupon, but NEVER shop at GS and have never checked their online account? So many coupons sitting there idle; what a shame.

What I did was call and say "GS is having a 50% off sale." She took down the names of the games and called GS. She called me back and said "as long as I am a PUR/GC member I can get it". I said I was and she PM'd it. She put the games on hold and I went to pick them up. And hey, it didn't hurt that she was very nice and I was kind of flirty.

It wouldn't hurt to print out the page either. Or you can tell them to visit gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale for the promotion page.[/QUOTE]

gamestop doesn't care if they have business with you ;)

[quote name='technicalstylez']ask them to scan it w/ the coupon. uc dualpack is shown on the website as part of the promo.[/QUOTE]

They probably won't do it. I went to my local GS just for the Uncharted Dual pack and they woudn't let me take it for 50% off. So I ended up giving my code away.

[quote name='Kikyou1']They probably won't do it. I went to my local GS just for the Uncharted Dual pack and they woudn't let me take it for 50% off. So I ended up giving my code away.[/QUOTE]

They can do a manual override...if they wanted to. That's how I got my copy of UC (after 10 minutes of arguing).

[quote name='geenlung']They can do a manual override...if they wanted to. That's how I got my copy of UC (after 10 minutes of arguing).[/QUOTE]

The store was filled with people and the guy infront of me held of the line just chatting with the clerk for around 10 minutes. There where like 8 people behind me. (My local GS is incradibly unorganised they have 2-3 workers there at all times but only 1 chashier at a time. The other 2 just chat with the customers or chill out.) I wasn't about to be the jerk that held up the line another 20 minutes. Id rather just wait for black friday deals then have to put up with GS workers.

Besides I did tell him to look at the deal, but he said there was no such thing. Then he looked at the coupon and he said it wasn't listed on the coupon. Which it wasn't gamestop probably removed it a while back for some reason. The add was taken off GS websites so there wasnt much I could do other then have this conversation with my sister infront of the clerk.

Sis: It s--ks when you have to show someone how to do their job.
Me: It happens all the time...

He didn't say anything so im guessing his use to it... Working for GS I guess you should be use to it.

[quote name='Kikyou1']The store was filled with people and the guy infront of me held of the line just chatting with the clerk for around 10 minutes. There where like 8 people behind me. (My local GS is incradibly unorganised they have 2-3 workers there at all times but only 1 chashier at a time. The other 2 just chat with the customers or chill out.) I wasn't about to be the jerk that held up the line another 20 minutes. Id rather just wait for black friday deals then have to put up with GS workers.

Besides I did tell him to look at the deal, but he said there was no such thing. Then he looked at the coupon and he said it wasn't listed on the coupon. Which it wasn't gamestop probably removed it a while back for some reason. The add was taken off GS websites so there wasnt much I could do other then have this conversation with my sister infront of the clerk.

Sis: It s--ks when you have to show someone how to do their job.
Me: It happens all the time...

He didn't say anything so im guessing his use to it... Working for GS I guess you should be use to it.[/QUOTE]

I almost always have a positive experience at Gamestop, but man do I hate that one register shit. What the fuck is with that?

Awwww man. I just found out I am a Pro member...and I still didn't get the coupon. Now, I feel even more upset. :( I forgot that I paid for Pro earlier this year in order to get the Game Informer subscription.

I was looking at my Gamestop app and my coupon finally showed up sometime in the past 2 days.

I really like the wording at the bottom

Too redeem coupon, manually enter the coupon code (all 19 characters including the dash (-) must be entered) into the POS and press Enter. Select Total (F2) to complete sale and accept payment
Really fits after all the problems. Just glad I got one so I can go get Saga and Journey

[quote name='hiljay']i hate you solely because you got my hopes up. still no coupon.

i'm REALLY itching for R&C and Killzone.

*sigh*[/QUOTE]

This......I'm a Pro as well....still no coupon.....Da F*ck....

well, guess i'm not getting a coupon. oh well, less trips to gamestop the better.

how has pricematching best buy gone? do they deny it because it requires a "membership" or something?

[quote name='Kazaganthi']For those that wanted the Uncharted Dual Pack and GS employees like to argue because "They know it all" have you tried showing them their own website?

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

It's listed right there in the deal[/QUOTE]

I called the CS number on their website and showed the guy I spoke to this page and was able to get my local store to honor the 50% off Uncharted after he called them. Ended up picking up 5 collections, which is 5 more than I would have if they didn't honor it.

Finally got my coupon and picked up 5 of the collections. Did some trade-ins towards it too and it worked properly. The guy I was talking with was actually knowledgeable of the sale and the coupon and helped me do everything I needed. Definitely one of my better experiences at a Gamestop.

He was even suggesting to me that I could buy as many of the Sony Collections as I wanted, which surprised me since its rare enough that the employee actually knows about the sale I was there for.

If any CAGs in nyc area are having trouble with theirs just head on over to the Rockefeller Center GS store. No chance on getting manual adjustments for anything though cause they know you need a coupon, and exactly which of the games are on sale.

dang i thought the code wasn't unique....tried two GS's and both said the coupon had been redeemed. Sucks Best buy wouldn't pricematch it, oh well guess i'll wait for another sale.

[quote name='Kikyou1']They probably won't do it. I went to my local GS just for the Uncharted Dual pack and they woudn't let me take it for 50% off. So I ended up giving my code away.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for the code!! :bouncy:

bread's done
Back