Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged GoW Saga, Killzone Tril, Journey CE, Jak & Dax, and Ratchet & Clank collections for ~$85 after tax. Thanks OP!

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but the GoW saga is two discs, one with GoW I and II, one with GoW III. The Origins Collection is on a downloadable voucher which, with the Game Directors Videos, asks for nearly 10GB of your hard drive.

Aside from that and KZ Tril(two discs, 1-2 on one and 3 on the other, map packs as vouchers), the rest are one-discs.

Also, GoW Saga and Journey CE come with one-month PS+ Trials, Journey comes with a ton of avatars for Journey and Flower, and Ratchet and Clank gets one 10th Anniversary avvy and early access to the Sly 4 Demo.

Just a bit of helpful info for anyone on the fence.

[quote name='phoenix529']Snagged GoW Saga, Killzone Tril, Journey CE, Jak & Dax, and Ratchet & Clank collections for ~$85 after tax. Thanks OP!

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but the GoW saga is two discs, one with GoW I and II, one with GoW III. The Origins Collection is on a downloadable voucher which, with the Game Directors Videos, asks for nearly 10GB of your hard drive.

Aside from that and KZ Tril(two discs, 1-2 on one and 3 on the other, map packs as vouchers), the rest are one-discs.

Also, GoW Saga and Journey CE come with one-month PS+ Trials, Journey comes with a ton of avatars for Journey and Flower, and Ratchet and Clank gets one 10th Anniversary avvy and early access to the Sly 4 Demo.

Just a bit of helpful info for anyone on the fence.[/QUOTE]

^ this is why I would like the coupon.....anyone know y only certian people are getting them?

I did not get a coupon from gamestop. If anyone doesn't want their code, I would like it please. Just PM me. Thanks.

[quote name='Qrusher14242']one GS guy said i needed to have a certain amount of points to unlock or something i dunno[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm pretty sure this isn't true...I have over 100,000 points:lol:
Got no coupon

Great, now I can't even log in to my account to check for the coupon, says I have to email them for support. Absolute crap service, GS.

Edit: Fixed now, but still no coupon. Friend was willing to give me his though, same friend also got the $200 PS3 coupon when I didn't last year. Perhaps these coupons aren't random like they claim.

Finally tracked down a local store with both R&C and Killzone and reserved online for store pickup. When I showed the guy at the register the coupon (which arrived late yesterday) he almost fell of his lazy ass - 6 games for $35+tax. Shame they don't even know their own deals - not doubt they are too busy planning Halo4 midnight events etc

Had the coupon in my account, I just read them the code off of my phone. Picked up a gutted J&D and sealed GOW and R&C. Massive haul of games for $45! They tried to give me a gutted copy of GOW without the download voucher for the PSP games and I had to complain until they dug around and found the sealed copy. Then the guy proceeded to tell me that the only way to guarantee a sealed copy of a game is to preorder, which I could easily do on such upcoming titles as Halo 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and many more! Seriously, I'm not kidding. They also had NO idea about the promo.

Success. Took a printout of the banner posted a few pages back and got Jak and Journey pm'd no questions asked. Thanks to whoever posted the banner.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I almost always have a positive experience at Gamestop, but man do I hate that one register shit. What the fuck is with that?[/QUOTE]
I guess GS feels you stand to lose more undecided/uninformed customers on the floor than you would those who've made their selections and are in line.
[quote name='cancerman1120']So GS just sent me an email with a code for 50% off. Problem is I used that code 4 days ago...a little late I think.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Email with code pops up 2 days after I passed it on to a fellow CAG. I did double check my sent mail to see if it was a different code. Nope.

I just got a SECOND 50% off code email from Gamestop.
I got the first one on Friday through my iPhone Gamestop app, in the My In Store Offers section.
Then I got another one today through normal email.

I used the first one on Friday, and I'm giving today's code to my friend.
It's kind of screwy how random Gamestop is being with these codes.
Anyone else receive two different codes?

[quote name='Scoutisabelle']I just got a SECOND 50% off code email from Gamestop.
I got the first one on Friday through my iPhone Gamestop app, in the My In Store Offers section.
Then I got another one today through normal email.[/QUOTE]

If that's true you just got lucky with that one. My email had the same code I used during the weekend.
And here I was thinking I just might be able to get that sealed Journey after denying that gutted they tried to give me. Oh well.

:cry:My store has every coleection except killzone, but I still did not get a coupon. I might PM it but I have about $60 left in GS credit and I'd rather just finish it.

[quote name='Scoutisabelle']I just got a SECOND 50% off code email from Gamestop.
Then I got another one today through normal email.

I used the first one on Friday, and I'm giving today's code to my friend.
It's kind of screwy how random Gamestop is being with these codes.
Anyone else receive two different codes?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't used your other one, i would like it.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Finally got the coupon but I had already used SONY50 and SAVER to get them for super cheap a couple of days ago...so now what? Buy them again?[/QUOTE]

Or give it to someone who hasnt got one yet... Like me ;)

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Thanks again for the code!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No problem I wasn't going to use it so might as well give it away. I just want to know what games you got with it xD.

Got the offer in my pro account yesterday. Used today on a sealed Jak and Daxter and a sadly gutted R&C collection. Was such a good deal I didn't have the heart to turn down the damn gutted game. Oh well, rest if my business goes to Best Buy or Amazon.

oh look it here, i got an email from poweruprewards stating the sale, looks like it is going out to everybody. funnything is uncharted 1 and 2 are listed...weird. but hopefully this goes out to all the bitchers.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Just got another coupon on my email.it seems that now they are sending to everyone[/QUOTE]

I purchased the games in my powerup offerings website via coupon, now they sent another coupon in my e-mail also. I guess the coupon code is the same so we can only use it 1 time either way?

[quote name='Davivascaino']Just got another coupon on my email.it seems that now they are sending to everyone[/QUOTE]

If you're not going to use it PM it to me. please. lol

[quote name='ChaosLaw']got the same coupon as an email. whatever. glad to be done with this bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I already used my so it's no longer showing up in active offers, can someone confirm that the powerup website coupon code and e-mail code is the same for this offer?

[quote name='CaoPi']I already used my so it's no longer showing up in active offers, can someone confirm that the powerup website coupon code and e-mail code is the same for this offer?[/QUOTE]
Only one person has claimed his/her code was different. Mine was the same. Saw this at the bottom of the email:

*50% Off Select Sony Collections: Selection may vary by store. No rainchecks. No substitutions. Must use coupon at time of purchase. Coupon in the PowerUp Rewards Active Offers is the same coupon and is valid for one transaction only. Not valid on pre-played games. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12. Valid in-store only. Not valid on GameStop.com.

[quote name='Fukurou']There were two codes. SONY50, which gave the 50% off, and SAVER, which gave free shipping to all orders over $25, which counted the original price of the games, so most of the collections would work with it. The SONY50 does not work anymore. SAVER still should, though.[/QUOTE]

soo is the sale still going on in store? it seems most people are buying it online. i just find it easier to buy it in store because i guess theres a gamestop at my college

[quote name='ChaosLaw']got the same coupon as an email. whatever. glad to be done with this bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I am very saddened that I am not done with said bullshit. Where's my coupon?!?! :wall:

Headed to GameStop tonight. Picked up GOW, R&C, J+D, Infamous, and Killzone. I traded in a few games which added an extra 50%. Got 31.50 for Madden 13 which is fine by me! Apparently there was an extra $10 credit if you traded in 3 games of certain value.

I left the store with 15 games and 14 dollars store credit. I definitely was not expecting that.

I picked up J&D and R&C collections today. Ratchet was sealed while Jak wasn't (lame) but I am glad. I was think about Ico/Shadow but I will wait and see what the BF and holidays have in store. So far a good start to a good holiday shopping season. I will save these for christmas and get back at my backlog.

If anyone has an unused coupon that they aren't planning on using, I'd trade a 1month PS+ code or something for it. I really want to get a couple of these collections.

I just got an email about this sale with the EBC code in it, and I already used my PU one on Sunday. Will put on phone and take it in tomorrow.

bread's done
Back