Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I give up. I'm going to print out the stuff from earlier in the thread and just go to Best Buy I think. I had wanted to use the $25 I have in credit at GameStop, but since they apparently don't want to encourage me to shop there more often I'll just go to Best Buy.

Man, this is super frustrating. You'd think, given how much I spend at Gamestop, that they'd give me a coupon. Didn't realize coupons were single-use, so I tried it yesterday, no dice. Obviously. I'm really hoping I can get one, I want to snag SotC and Journey.

If not, though... well, it's not like my backlog isn't long enough as it is.

[quote name='TooPoor']Daz, PM me on 11/12, if I haven't used it or sold it by then, you can have mine which expires on 11/14.

(tried to tell you through PM but your inbox is full)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the offer, I'll shoot you a pm on the 12th to see if you still have it, much appreciated!

didnt realize my inbox was full, thanks for the heads up on that BTW.

My GOW Saga has just arrived. I open the case and there is no code for free 30 day trial of PS+. -_- I am now disappointed.

Just finished Journey. It's pretty cool to walk those damn snowy mountain with a companion. Too bad I haven't found anyone to meditate for 20 seconds haha. There's one guy kept looking as I meditate but I guess he doesn't know how

[quote name='hiljay']i really should stop coming to this thread. it only leads me to be sadder that people are getting two codes and i have yet to receive one.[/QUOTE]

To all who are not getting emails. I didn't get an email from them, but I checked my PUR account and saw it on the "Active Offers" tab. Be sure to check there too, guys.

Also, does anyone know if these coupons are 1 time use? GS stiffed me on the trade in credit and might wanna go back to pick something else up.
EDIT: My bad. 1 time use.

[quote name='LimeWire']My GOW Saga has just arrived. I open the case and there is no code for free 30 day trial of PS+. -_- I am now disappointed.[/QUOTE]
if you order online, you run the risk of getting a gutted copy? WTF. I thought that was only in store.

[quote name='uiengineer']if you order online, you run the risk of getting a gutted copy? WTF. I thought that was only in store.[/QUOTE]
Weird, I just opened GoW Saga and Kilzone Triology (both sealed) but no PS plus either. Are they supposed to come with them?

yes (GoW at least does) I grabbed a copy for my brother when it released and he gave me the code since he doesnt go online ever.

Product Description from Amazon

Re-live the Most Epic Saga in Gaming

Experience Five Legendary Adventures In Kratos' Quest For Vengeance Against The Gods Who Betrayed Him.

o God of War, God of War II, God of War III, and God of War: Origins Collection which includes: God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta
o Exclusive Bonus Content
o Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
o Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

[quote name='Brother Daz']yes (GoW at least does) I grabbed a copy for my brother when it released and he gave me the code since he doesnt go online ever.[/QUOTE]
yea just watched some unboxing vid. Seems like GoW should. Maybe gamestop version doesn't come with them. So I guess only Amazon version come with the voucher. Nevermind description on gamestop says it should have it

[quote name='kouleefoh']yea just watched some unboxing vid. Seems like GoW should. Maybe gamestop version doesn't come with them. So I guess only Amazon version come with the voucher[/QUOTE]
The copy for my bro was from target

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']Instead of reading through 100 pages I'll just ask:

Do we get the coupon if we have the free account?[/QUOTE]

I got a code this morning and i haven't been a "pro" member since 18 months ago so my guess is "yes" free members will get it too.

[quote name='xXNikoXx']Has anyone had any luck with using the coupon through phone?[/QUOTE]

I pulled up my account on my phone in store and they used the code from there without any hassle. I've done this in the past with other coupons as well at different locations without any problems.

[quote name='hiljay']i really should stop coming to this thread. it only leads me to be sadder that people are getting two codes and i have yet to receive one.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking shitting me? I'm so thankful and lucky that I ran into a GS employee who gave me his coupon. I still haven't gotten one either. I'm sick of checking the poweruprewards website.

[quote name='KemperJones']Still no in-store coupon, but I did receive my copy of God of War Saga that I was able to order with the sony50/saver coupons online.[/QUOTE]

Does the SONY50 still work? It just rejected it when I tried to put it in just now.

[quote name='Snuggelz']Does the SONY50 still work? It just rejected it when I tried to put it in just now.[/QUOTE]
No, it's been dead for a few days now.

[quote name='hpbbes']I pulled up my account on my phone in store and they used the code from there without any hassle. I've done this in the past with other coupons as well at different locations without any problems.[/QUOTE]

I tried that and the guy couldn't get it to work. Went back just a few minutes ago with a print out and it worked. :shrug:

[quote name='pjb16']I tried that and the guy couldn't get it to work. Went back just a few minutes ago with a print out and it worked. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

Weird. The guy who helped me just typed it in.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You kidding me ? Jak 2 is the best !!!!![/QUOTE]

I agree. I can't imagine why everyone else hates it.

[quote name='Havok83']I thought it was the worst and completely turned me off from the series. Loved Jak 1 but hated how they tried to infuse GTA into it. I didnt even bother with Jak 3 bc of it.[/QUOTE]

True, Jak 2 did have GTA elements, but I liked it much more than Jak and Daxter. After playing Jak 2, Jak and Daxter felt like a huge step backwards. Of course, it was a step backwards, since that was the first game. No riding vehicles except in designated areas, no hoverboard, no weapons, eco powers only available in certain areas.

Ratchet arrived today sealed. Straight to the backlog it goes next to Tools of Destruction and A Crank in Time.

[quote name='Bosamba']Ratchet arrived today sealed. Straight to the backlog it goes next to Tools of Destruction and A Crank in Time.[/QUOTE]

Does the Ratchet Collection have the dlc included?

[quote name='LimeWire']Does the Ratchet Collection have the dlc included?[/QUOTE]

These are the old PS2 games with higher res graphics, there is no DLC.

[quote name='hpbbes']Weird. The guy who helped me just typed it in.[/QUOTE]

Yea, he typed it in a few times, but it kept saying invalid.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']umm... good luck with that.....
...........................................so..........[/QUOTE]

wait...do u mean online or in store? I mean in store. I don't want the guy who asked to miss out on a deal.

It's not really a step either way. They are completely different from each other. Jak 1 is a straight 3d platformer. Jak 2 and 3 certainly are not.

Want to thank the OP and others who have posted on here. Been a PUR member since it was released and never got a coupon yet. Took print outs of the games listed with uncharted and coupon to a best buy and got all price matched for each one.

[quote name='VivaLaSam']These are the old PS2 games with higher res graphics, there is no DLC.[/QUOTE]

I meant the Sly Cooper 4 demo and the avatar.

Awesome deal. Walked out of GameStop with ICO/Shadow of the Colossus for $9.99 sealed. Both guys behind the counter had no clue about the deal and were shocked that it was even going on. Never played either of these games before, so I'm psyched.

Question that may or may not be a dumb one lol...but if I use the 50 percent trade in bonus for one of these collections, does the bonus count for all my trade ins or just up to the amount that I spend? Like if I'm buying a collection for 15 and bse trade in value comes to 20, do I get 50 percent bonus on all 20 dollars? Or just on 15? Or somethin different? Lol thanks in advance

Most promos have that writing in the small print but most of the time employees will just put the remainder on your power up card or a gift card. Only the real GameStop dicks will force you to use all of it (and in that case just buy a pre owned game and return it for store credit). And to further answer it it will work on all games regardless if it exceeds the total you're buying or not.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Most promos have that writing in the small print but most of the time employees will just put the remainder on your power up card or a gift card. Only the real GameStop dicks will force you to use all of it (and in that case just buy a pre owned game and return it for store credit). And to further answer it it will work on all games regardless if it exceeds the total you're buying or not.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what happened to me; they put the remainder on the gift card. OR THAT"S WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THEY DID"NT STIFF ME ON TRADE IN CREDIT. I tried to stack the +50% toward Sony Collections with the Trade 3 for +$10. They only gave me the +$10 and refused to give me the +50% because I wasn't a PRO memeber (silver card) even though the fine print said nothing about being a pro. I only stated you had to be a PUR member. $$$$$$S.

GS employee took a picture of my purchase or something cause I had saved the most money this year he had seen at his store and wanted to show his manager. I thought that was amusing.

[quote name='Blade3D']GS employee took a picture of my purchase or something cause I had saved the most money this year he had seen at his store and wanted to show his manager. I thought that was amusing.[/QUOTE]

What, all at once? This purchase alone? Or you've saved the most money all together this year?

[quote name='Snuggelz']That is exactly what happened to me; they put the remainder on the gift card. OR THAT"S WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THEY DID"NT STIFF ME ON TRADE IN CREDIT. I tried to stack the +50% toward Sony Collections with the Trade 3 for +$10. They only gave me the +$10 and refused to give me the +50% because I wasn't a PRO memeber (silver card) even though the fine print said nothing about being a pro. I only stated you had to be a PUR member. $$$$$$S.[/QUOTE]
I think the employee just didn't know that you CAN"T STACK promotions and gave you a BS answer. The system will give you the best one of two deals automatically. In your case it seems you traded games that had very low trade in value.

[quote name='Carlanga']I think the employee just didn't know that you CAN"T STACK promotions and gave you a BS answer. The system will give you the best one of two deals automatically. In your case it seems you traded games that had very low trade in value.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know in a better manner than he did. So for the record: Can't stack promos. Got it.

So, having never actually pricematched anything at Best Buy, what's the procedure? Do I grab the games and ask to pricematch at the checkout, or do I pay full price for them and then go to customer service or something?

[quote name='Bosamba']Ratchet arrived today sealed. Straight to the backlog it goes next to Tools of Destruction and A Crank in Time.[/QUOTE]

Those should be at the FRONT of your backlog. Get on it!

Got Ratchet and Journey today, bought them with the sony50 code. Still want that coupon to pick up Jak, might just try and pm Best Buy tomorrow for it. What the hell kind of system is it when a dlc game collection gets an instruction book with it and a disk with three HD remastered PS2 games don't?

[quote name='breakfuss']What, all at once? This purchase alone? Or you've saved the most money all together this year?[/QUOTE]

The total amount I had saved this year, not just in that purchase. It was something like $700-800.

[quote name='Blade3D']The total amount I had saved this year, not just in that purchase. It was something like $700-800.[/QUOTE]

I was told similar. Girl at GS (loudly) that I saved $600 during the last year. Didn't know how, but whatever.

[quote name='elessar123']I was told similar. Girl at GS (loudly) that I saved $600 during the last year. Didn't know how, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Ya I am not sure where that number comes from cause I don't know if I've spent $700-800.

bread's done
Back