Gamestop PSX RPG haul, good/bad?

diaeresis

CAGiversary!
Persona 2, Rhapsody, Breath of Fire IV, $83 total after tax.

All complete/mint/like new/gorgeous except for some scuffs and whatnot (aka 'stickers') on the cases.

Looks roughly comparable to ebay prices at first glance.

They also had a seemingly pretty copy of puzzle fighter ... they're pretty far away, but if anyone has really been looking for it, pm me and maybe we can work something out.

bad you could have used the buy 2 games get one free deal. And rhapsody and persona 2 are reprints.

Hmm...did BoFIV get reprinted and I missed it? My GS had several "used" copies that were absolutely flawless, making me curious. Now that damn near every GS has reprinted copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody, I'm beginning to think it was reprinted.

OP, it's not a bad deal; many CAGs bought the first two games for $100 sealed a few months back when they were reprinted.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hmm...did BoFIV get reprinted and I missed it? My GS had several "used" copies that were absolutely flawless, making me curious. Now that damn near every GS has reprinted copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody, I'm beginning to think it was reprinted.

OP, it's not a bad deal; many CAGs bought the first two games for $100 sealed a few months back when they were reprinted.[/QUOTE]

beginning to think? yeah it was reprinted or GS found a shit ton load of copies to sell.. i think Rhapsody isn't worth all it is. but to each his own.. enjoy the games.

[quote name='mykevermin']
OP, it's not a bad deal; many CAGs bought the first two games for $100 sealed a few months back when they were reprinted.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah... when GameQuestDirect screwed us over. fuckers...

Persona 2 is great. The other two I haven't played but I have heard mixed things about Rhapsody. :/

[quote name='InuFaye']bad you could have used the buy 2 games get one free deal. And rhapsody and persona 2 are reprints.[/QUOTE]

I did; otherwise it would have been $100. I guess I should have mentioned that the $83 included signing up for their card thing and getting the issue of Game Informer. And none of the reprints are stamped with *REPRINT EDITION* so I don't see your point. I know they were reprinted; Persona 2 and Rhapsody plummeted on Ebay a while ago. I'm asking if these are fair prices for games, like, to play, not to retire off of.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']bad,.......you got rapped[/QUOTE]

Could you give me realistic alternate pricing?

It's not a bad deal but BOF4 for $30 seems too high for me. It's well worth $30 several years ago but not today.

Yea, it seems my local GS also flooded with BoF 4 & Persona 2. Every GS I went to have those 2 games. I don't see any Rhapsody though. I did use my GS credits to pick up Star Ocean 2, Persona 1, Dragon Warrior VII, and Legaia for $69 (using the B2G1) this morning though.

bread's done
Back