Gamestop Question

I have traded in duplicates several times with no hassle. The only limitation is if they are part of a promotion. No duplicates within the same promotion, however I was able to do the same promotion several times in one visit using the exact same games for each promotion.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Gamestop will answer any question in the affirmative just to get you in the store.[/quote]

Unfortunately, that is generally the case. Well, that or to just get you off the phone, so they can go back to bullshitting with their coworkers.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Gamestop will answer any question in the affirmative just to get you in the store.[/QUOTE]

If this is true for your specific GS, then don't deal with GameStop.
Simple as that.

I encountered a few good people working for GS.
Soon they wise up and leave GS.

[quote name='Shady3011']I have two RapeStops within walking distance of each other.[/quote]

There is a Gamestop near me that is an EB Gamestop and it is literally right behind the stripmall that another Gamestop is in. You can hop the fence and you're there.

[quote name='mike.m']There is a Gamestop near me that is an EB Gamestop and it is literally right behind the stripmall that another Gamestop is in. You can hop the fence and you're there.[/quote]

There are malls where you have two or three GS stores.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There are malls where you have two or three GS stores.[/quote]

They aren't too bright about spreading these out, are they?

That is because when Gamestop bought up all the Funcolands, EBs. Babbages, ect... they just switched logos and colors in the stores and continued operating. At our mall (Great Northern in North Olmsted), there are two on the strips right around the corner from each other, and one by the food court in the actual mall. Over in Elyria, there are two that face each other across the parking lot and one in the mall. It's pretty aggrevating when you are tracking down a game and they all say, "Great Northern Mall"

The reason they still operate this way could be one of two reasons in my mind:
1) Business is so damn good that they don't have to change a thing to keep turning profits
2) They usually rent storefronts so small that there would be no room to move/browse/work if you combined the inventory of two stores.

[quote name='unforeseen']If this is true for your specific GS, then don't deal with GameStop.
Simple as that.[/quote]

I've called Gamestop once in my gaming career, and it was the week of Spore's release to confirm that they had a Galactic Edition in stock. I pre-ordered a copy online and wanted to make sure since you don't actually leave a deposit when you reserve online.

When I called: "Yea, we've got tons of copies. If you pre-ordered, just come on in when you get a chance, and you can pick it up."

When I arrived, less than a half-hour later: "Dude, you're so freakin' lucky. This is our last copy. You need to come to the store next time to pre-order, or we can't guarantee you a copy."

I thought about referencing the conversation earlier, but I didn't think it would make a difference.

It's funny, though... As I walked out of the store...

GS Drone #1: "Our Spores are officially gone." (lol... did you use some sort of special ointment?)
GS Drone #2: "Huh? We have like 20 Galactic Editions in the back."

So, yes, they - and any number of other retailers - will say whatever it takes to get you in a store. If they're actually out of stock, they have a chance to sell you something else, place a deposit on something, etc. They have nothing to lose.

[quote name='QiG']That is because when Gamestop bought up all the Funcolands, EBs. Babbages, ect... they just switched logos and colors in the stores and continued operating.[/quote]

Exactly. Should have been more specific.

On Smash Bros Brawl release day, I was in EB just looking around when a mom and her son came in asking for a copy. Of course the guy at the counter just dug into them, making them feel like shit because they didn't preorder. The first thing he said was "Did you preorder? If not, I don't have a copy for you."

I immediately turned to the people and said "I just bought a copy from Futureshop right over there (it's in the same parking lot and you can see it from the EB) without a preorder AND I got a free Wii hat. They have a ton of copies."

Yeah, it's really disgusting the way some of their employees act. I understand pushing pre-orders and the EDGE are their big thing, but there is a way to do with some grace, and they completely lack the ability to do it.

The really funny thing is when you go in to a buy a new game, and they have it, but they still act like you're an idiot for not pre-ordering. I went in to get MGS: Portable Ops on release day. After I got rung, the girl was like, "Next time, if you don't pre-order, you probably won't get it." Of course, she had no snappy response when I dryly said I would just go buy it somewhere else.

bread's done
Back