Gamestop Releasing WiiU Consoles to Waitlist PPL from TODAY Tues 11-20 YMMV

calcutta8

CAGiversary!
Before anyone says anything, I know this is not a deal. I called my local Gamestop in Houston, TX (Galleria) to see the status of the Deluxe Wii U. I'm currently on the waitlist and they told me that they were releasing WiiUs to people on the waitlist if the ppl who pre-ordered didnt pick their WiiU up today. This is probably YMMV...I know GS mgrs use their discretion when it comes to releasing games/consoles after 48 hours. If ur on a waitlist, it might not hurt to check your GS. Also, a store with a short waitlist might have extra WiiUs...its worth a try.

The GS I went to today has been selling to waitlist already. They actually said they are running through the lists pretty fast so it won't take long to get mine. He said they are getting multiple shipments this week so that is good news if you can't find one on a shelf or online. I'm in Orlando, FL PM me if you want to know the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone really had a problem finding one yet? Every single walmart within 50 miles of me reports having stock of the deluxe version on their website.

[quote name='ctclements']Has anyone really had a problem finding one yet? Every single walmart within 50 miles of me reports having stock of the deluxe version on their website.[/QUOTE]

In my area I have yet to see one for sale in the wild, and that's at various Targets, Best Buys and one stinking Wal-Mart.

I got a call today to pick up my Black Wii U Deluxe. My wait list number was 106...I believe. I'm shocked I was able to pick this up. Maybe some Ebay hoarders decided not to pick up their Wii U

[quote name='ctclements']Has anyone really had a problem finding one yet? Every single walmart within 50 miles of me reports having stock of the deluxe version on their website.[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com lists it in stock for every Walmart around me. I called them but they say they haven't had any since Sunday. I've even gone to a couple of the stores to double check. Same with Target's tracker, it shows them in stock, but when I call, they say they don't have any.

I was number 8 on the waitlist and got a call yesterday to pick it up. They said they only got 4 for the waitlist but had moved down to me.... I already got my preorder from Target so ended up selling it to a friend.

I was on the waitlist and got called on launch day at 10:00am :lol:. I have no idea what # I was on the waitlist but my gamestop must of had a good amount of extras.

Well now I know what happened to the Wii U I pre ordered..was told I could pick mine up today(wednesday, I had pre ordered back when the Wii U was announced, manager said it was Ok to pick up on Wednesday, talked to someone on Sunday and Monday and they said it was fine to pick up on Wed) today I call and they sold mine to someone else..so at least now I know what happened..a real scummy thing to do, now I have to wait for their next shipment

[quote name='lakerfanalways']Well now I know what happened to the Wii U I pre ordered..was told I could pick mine up today(wednesday, I had pre ordered back when the Wii U was announced, manager said it was Ok to pick up on Wednesday, talked to someone on Sunday and Monday and they said it was fine to pick up on Wed) today I call and they sold mine to someone else..so at least now I know what happened..a real scummy thing to do, now I have to wait for their next shipment[/QUOTE]

that's gamestop 4U

[quote name='starmask2k3']that's gamestop 4U[/QUOTE]

Yep! A bunch of liars..I am only in that part of town twice a week doing work..thats why I pre ordered from there..the manager did the pre order for me, told me that I could pick it up either Wednesday or Friday it would be fine..talked to someone on Sunday, said it was fine, talked to someone on Monday, said it was fine..already had put the 25 bucks down for it..today I call and the nasty woman who is also a manager said that it was sold..not even a phone call asking "Hey, do you still want to pick up your wii U" she kept on saying its the 48 hr policy..yeah and I came ONE DAY LATER, was the world going to come to an end if they waited one more day. She said another shipment is being sent to her but wouldn't tell me when they will receive it..dont know how that normally works, does it take a week, a few days?

[quote name='calcutta8']Before anyone says anything, I know this is not a deal.[/QUOTE]

You're right, its not a "deal" at all. And many people have pointed out the Wii U is very easy to find all over. Why are people still acting like this thing is rare? Even Ebay and Craigslist flippers are having trouble moving their hoarded systems and barely making their money back, if that.

If you have something like this to "share", why not just post it in the big Wii U thread? CAG doesn't need people to post a new thread everytime they find systems somewhere, its lame.

I found 3 deluxe in my local wal-mart. They actually looked kinda sad and neglected hiding out on the bottom shelf. The whole cabinet is filled with bright colored games and ads. Then in the bottom you have these dark boxes that look like they're creeping out of the darkness for the first time.

I checked a BB, Target and Walmart today nothing. Hoping to get a call from GS Friday or Monday. Might try and venture out Black Friday to see if I can snag one. But with a 9 month old daughter that is doubtful. lol

[quote name='Sizzler7']I checked a BB, Target and Walmart today nothing. Hoping to get a call from GS Friday or Monday. Might try and venture out Black Friday to see if I can snag one. But with a 9 month old daughter that is doubtful. lol[/QUOTE]

Someone just started a thread that both versions of the Wii U is AVAILABLE on Gamestop website. I picked up my Deluxe an hour ago from GS.

bread's done
Back