Gamestop Return Policy/20% extra credit for preorder

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I just bought a used copy of Left 4 Dead this past Monday from Gamestop using credit from games I traded in that day. After finding out that Target is dropping the price to $40 next week, I decided I'll just take up Gamestop's 7 day return policy for used games. I'll get L4D cheaper and brand new that way.

My question is, since GS is running a promo that gives you 20% more trade-in credit for preordering Resi 5, Halo Wars and SFIV, would I get that extra 20% for those games? I'm thinking no since I'm probably only getting in-store credit back from the return. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I'm kinda confused. Are you asking if you retroactively get the 20% from the games you traded in monday or the 20% from returning L4D?

Either way, they will not allow it. They can't go back and add that to the games you traded in. L4D would be counted as a return and not a trade-in if you're wanting the full amount back, meaning you'll just get the amount for the game back. That 20% is something you need to mention(some forget about it) and you need to pre-order at the same time that you trade the games in.

[quote name='tangytangerine']I'm kinda confused. Are you asking if you retroactively get the 20% from the games you traded in monday or the 20% from returning L4D?

Either way, they will not allow it. They can't go back and add that to the games you traded in. L4D would be counted as a return and not a trade-in if you're wanting the full amount back, meaning you'll just get the amount for the game back. That 20% is something you need to mention(some forget about it) and you need to pre-order at the same time that you trade the games in.[/quote]

Yeah retroactive 20% addition for the earlier trades. Haha I realized that just the fact that this whole thing is confusing that it's probably not going to work. Thanks for answering my question.

bread's done
Back