gamestop return policy

silverwolf0

CAGiversary!
I bought Last Remnant for x360 from Gamestop the other day and they gave me one that was already opened and the case was taken from the display rack on the wall. I think that was their only copy and I checked to make sure if the discs were scratched, which they weren't, so I bought it for full price. I played the game and thought it was just terrible, especially with all the reviews saying the game was good other than the graphical problems. What is the return policy for a new game that is already opened in store?

[quote name='silverwolf0']I bought Last Remnant for x360 from Gamestop the other day and they gave me one that was already opened and the case was taken from the display rack on the wall. I think that was their only copy and I checked to make sure if the discs were scratched, which they weren't, so I bought it for full price. I played the game and thought it was just terrible, especially with all the reviews saying the game was good other than the graphical problems. What is the return policy for a new game that is already opened in store?[/quote]Go to Walmart and buy clear circle stickers, put one on the side and you can return it no problem. Or if there wasn't a sticker put on in the first place and they give you shit, tell them it was a gutted copy and it's their fault for not putting a sticker on.

new games have no return policy so whether it was sealed or not means nothing. You can only return used games within 7 days.

Learn a lesson and don't blind buy games.

there is a way , if its the only copy the store has say the game is defective i did that back in 2001 with gallop racer (though the game was really messed up and was sad they had no more copies : (

but if you do this alot (more then once ) They will catch you

none of the ebs around here put a sticker on the games and i always have to ask So i can return them if i ever need to

Though it probally wont work on this game since its new they probally havemore in the back but was too lazy to go get them

I'll give you 10 bucks for it. :lol:

More seriously tho'- you'd pretty much have to lie, say it's busted, get a new one, go somewhere else, try to return for money back. One of those doable, but time-consuming and morally-questionable things. (I'd just keep it it if it were me... but then again, I don't pay full price for games anyway.)

if they didn't give you a sticker to seal the display copy, you're out of luck. the sticker is supposed to allow them to know that you haven't actually opened it and touched the disc, but without it, they can claim that you've opened it and they will not refund you. kind of sucks but i guess that's just how it goes...arguing may prove to be fruitless because they can't take it back as new. i wouldn't want to buy a new game knowing that someone else already handled it...

If they didn't seal or did seal it, it doesn't matter. They should have sealed it, as you paid full price for it, so they were considered it to be new. You bought it as new, so if you don't return it in sealed condition, they won't give you your money back. As you can't return it in sealed condition, you're screwed.

Damn I need to stop buying games on impulse. I knew it was shady that they gave an opened game to me, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad that I would want to return it so suddenly.

What you just experienced OP, is called Gamestop's NEWSED policy. Rather than actually spend money on spare cases to put copies of the games artwork into, Gamestop will open NEW/SEALED copies of games and put those cases/artwork/manuals on the shelves.

Why they still do this and the gaming public in general allows them to get away with such a shady tactic is beyond me. Although I would have to venture a guess that Joe Football(the same idiots you see EVERY year buying Madden right at release like it's a totally different game)and Suzy Soccermom(who just wants to get in and out with her 6 whiny brats from 5 different fathers) just don't give a shit enough to complain when they get an opened but 'new' copy of a game.

To me, once a game is opened, it is NO LONGER NEW. Try as they might, NO Gamestop employee has EVER convinced me otherwise.

You just need to step back and actually take the time to determine which is the better purchase next time. At least with their used/pre-owned shit you have a SEVEN day, no questions asked return policy.

I've abused the 7 day deal a bunch, I admit it, since there are some games you just want to try out.

Of course, as others have said, they WILL catch up with you so don't do it TOO often.

bread's done
Back