Gamestop Return Question

Strife025

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Long story short, everyone should know about SMT: Nocturne being sold for $44.99 on Play Asia.

About a month ago I bought a disc only version from a CAGer who bought a couple copies online from Gamestop (stupid gamestop :(). He was hoping for a complete copy but they only came in the generic cases, so he gave deals to CAGers before returning them.

I want to return this game now since I just ordered a sealed complete version on Play-Asia but I think the 30 day return limit may have just passed, we completed the trade on March 17th.

Now I just found out a Gamestop right next to my house has a disc only version of Nocturne as well (was hoping for complete so I could trade my case in). If I bought this game could I use that receipt to return the 2 copies of the game at 2 different Gamestops?

Sounds kind of risky. Aside from asking for some sort of ID upon your return, I think the employee will keep the original receipt, therefore only letting you return it once.

I've never tried this but I've returned a lot of shit to gamestop, including 2 disc only scratched up nocturnes, and each time i held on to the original receipt.

[quote name='Negative']Sounds kind of risky. Aside from asking for some sort of ID upon your return, I think the employee will keep the original receipt, therefore only letting you return it once.[/quote]

I'm sure you can get them to let you keep the original receipt for records or something. I could always ask for a gift receipt also?

I guess its worth trying, worst case I'm back where I started with 1 copy still. Was just wondering if anyone has ever done this.

Although I usually don't like it when people do these kind of things, but I guess it's OK up until you abuse it (doing it constantly, or to turn a profit out of it)

I'm sure that they don't mind having an extra copy of Nocturne, probably sold to someone who doesn't know about the play-asia deal. =)

The second Gamestop I went to the guy was like "Oh we'll sell that in one day, even without the case/manual."

But yea I don't usually do this kind of stuff but my time period to return the first copy was missed by a couple days and I didn't even play it yet. I'm sure they can deal with an extra return that they'll sell again in no time.

[quote name='Strife025']The second Gamestop I went to the guy was like "Oh we'll sell that in one day, even without the case/manual."

But yea I don't usually do this kind of stuff but my time period to return the first copy was missed by a couple days and I didn't even play it yet. I'm sure they can deal with an extra return that they'll sell again in no time.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i work at gamestop and yes we do give the receipt back if there's more than one item on the receipt. So, it would be possible to return another item that they bought. We can't just throw it away.

bread's done
Back