Gamestop Return Question

QuestMeMore

CAGiversary!
Hi,

I have a copy of a game I bought. I did not open this game, but the barcode on this game is scratch (the barcode at the back). I don't mean tarnished or anything. Just a scratch through the wrapping and on the barcode thanks to my stupid little brother and his staple remover (he was messing around with it and thought it would be funny).

Anyways the question is...Can I still return it for a refund considering it's blatantly obvious the game has NOT been opened [still in shrinkwrap]? Even though theres a scratch through to the barcode even if that is not what they use to return the game...

Thank you and please let me know ASAP before I decide to hurt him.

Ahh CAG newbie, have you just read the gamestop receipt, all will be cleared. They can scan the transaction from the receipt and figure out what return policy you can partake on, which is 7 days for a cash refund / exchange or the standard 30 day same game exchange. I believe this is also for the new "sealed" games as well.

All good? You're welcome! .. oh btw Welcome to CAG! ^_^

[quote name='EnronLackey']Ahh CAG newbie, have you just read the gamestop receipt, all will be cleared. They can scan the transaction from the receipt and figure out what return policy you can partake on, which is 7 days for a cash refund / exchange or the standard 30 day same game exchange. I believe this is also for the new "sealed" games as well.

All good? You're welcome! .. oh btw Welcome to CAG! ^_^[/QUOTE]

Your post might be confusing to him. You can return any unopened new merchandise within 30 days, or exchange it for the same item if it's been opened within 30 days. The 7 day return/exchange policy is for used games..

Anyway, the OP's results will vary depending on how badly the barcode is "scratched". If it looks like obvious physical damage to the game case they might not let him return it, but if it's not very noticeable there shouldn't be any problems.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Ahh CAG newbie, have you just read the gamestop receipt, all will be cleared. They can scan the transaction from the receipt and figure out what return policy you can partake on, which is 7 days for a cash refund / exchange or the standard 30 day same game exchange. I believe this is also for the new "sealed" games as well.

All good? You're welcome! .. oh btw Welcome to CAG! ^_^[/QUOTE]

New games get 30 days, you quoted the Used game policy.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Store Return Policy.pdf

Probably depends on the clerk on duty, but I have a feeling GS wouldn't hesitate to sell it as new to the next customer.

as long as just a little bit of the shrink wrap is torn and there arent any big tears or rips in the case or artwork, they should take it back since its within 30 days for new sealed games, but like a previous CAG had said, it depends on how badly it was damaged. i recommend taking a bat to your brother.

They will take it back, just tell them that's how you got it from them and act surprise ONLY IF THEY ASK. If not, just stay quiet.

Haha. Full store credit issued considering I used store credit. They took back my copy of inFamous.

The entire staff that is usually there was there. They didn't scan the game, just the receipt and threw it away. The clerk did notice the scratch and didn't care. Not sure if he threw it in "send back to manufacturer" pile or what :). :bouncy:

They will take it back, just tell them that's how you got it from them and act surprise ONLY IF THEY ASK. If not, just stay quiet.

Wise man. I was planning to do this. :p Would not take no for an answer. Thought of it when I went to bed.

bread's done
Back