Gamestop SALE Starts 6/13 OR 6/20 B2G1 FREE USED ALL FORMATS - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xfactor4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello all you Gamestop flipping CAGS out there, hope you're saving up all your flipping credit off the bonus $10 trade in credit offer for the upcoming B2G1 FREE ALL USED game sale at Gamestop Storewide and Nationwide for ALL SYSTEMS/ALL FORMATS !

My source says it starts either this Friday 6/13 or the next Friday 6/20 and is for all formats (GBA,DS,PSP,Wii,360,GC,XBOX, PS2, PS3 etc) storewide !

They only do this once a year so I know how I am going to be spending all my Target/Kmart clearance "flipping" money* ! :D ( * other than getting a heavily discounted and subsidized copy of MGS of course)

Just wanted to set the record straight since a couple other threads have rumors about this sale coming up and some people even have talked about a coupon in the marketing book, which such a coupon I am told does not exist since this will be a storewide and nationwide sale with no coupon needed.

I should know which weekend FOR SURE in the next day or so.

I will update the thread title/OP when I know 100% what day it starts.

It will run for 1 week.

In the meantime, make as much money as possible on the $10 bonus trade flips ! hahahaha.... :lol:

Xfactor

P.S. FYI, Most stores have already got their marketing promo kits and signs on this sale and are ready to go !

P.P.S. This has not been confirmed yet, so until signage up in the store, the date isn't confirmed - shrike4242

[quote name='mario23air']Hmmm I just picked up Burnout Paradise used today. Maybe I'll take it back and wait for this sale.[/quote]

You can just wait until the sale and say you bought it and wanted to use it as part of your buy 2 get 1. I've done this several times when they've had the sale and I didn't know it was coming. I'll probably do this with my Mario galaxy so I can get Smash Brawl + whatever

Not to sound like the naysayer here, but how is this confirmed? GS Corporate has not sent out any materials to the stores aside from the signage, which was just a refresher to replace the older signs and go with a new look. Yes, a B2G1 free should be coming up soon, but if your source can't give a date, I wouldn't be so quick to say it is confirmed.

And the B2G1 free coupon that people have been talking about has been in the marketing book for months now as a McDonalds employee only thing.

[quote name='hysterisch']Not to sound like the naysayer here, but how is this confirmed? GS Corporate has not sent out any materials to the stores aside from the signage, which was just a refresher to replace the older signs and go with a new look. Yes, a B2G1 free should be coming up soon, but if your source can't give a date, I wouldn't be so quick to say it is confirmed.

And the B2G1 free coupon that people have been talking about has been in the marketing book for months now as a McDonalds employee only thing.[/quote]

I'm with this cat. I'll wait until it actually starts.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']wait, so if I trade in a game they will give me $10 extra credit? No strings attached?[/quote]

Trade two current-gen games in and get the extra $10, so it's really $5 a title. It's still pretty good, though, for dumping crap.

[quote name='hysterisch']Not to sound like the naysayer here, but how is this confirmed? GS Corporate has not sent out any materials to the stores aside from the signage, which was just a refresher to replace the older signs and go with a new look. Yes, a B2G1 free should be coming up soon, but if your source can't give a date, I wouldn't be so quick to say it is confirmed.

And the B2G1 free coupon that people have been talking about has been in the marketing book for months now as a McDonalds employee only thing.[/quote]

There will always be doubters and naysayers. As to my source not giving me a date, he did give me a date. He told me this Friday OR the following Friday. It is one or the other and he will know for sure soon. When he knows, I will know. As I said in the opening thread, I will specify whether it is this Friday or Next Friday within the next day or two.

I know all the details from my source at Gamestop. He is the same manager who helped me break the scoop on the $10.00 bonus trade in credit offer which also some people doubted me about at first. Heck, you guys knew about it before many Gamestop employees even did ! hahaha..

I will take out the confirmed part of my post thread since some are so picky even though I have CONFIRMED it myself with my contact in Gamestop management. I will add it back in when I know EXACTLY whether it is this Friday or Next.

My source is solid and has been 100% right in the past so I have no doubts.

True, I am waiting for the final date in the corporate memo but the rest of the details I have posted are correct.

As always, we shall see if I am right. Time judges all.

Xfactor

[quote name='brokeassprez739']couldn't you just called your local GS and find out when the sale is going to start? Or is that a major no-no?[/quote]

Like anything else related to GS customer service, YMMV. GameStop employees tend to either a) not care or b) care too much. So, either they don't know or do know, but want to pretend they are trying to keep government secrets.

[quote name='hysterisch']...And the B2G1 free coupon that people have been talking about has been in the marketing book for months now as a McDonalds employee only thing.[/quote]

Also, I just called my good friend who is a manager at Gamestop for MANY years now and he says the Mcdonalds employee B2G1 free deal is BULLSH@T !! Only Gamestop employees get any special offers !

We shall see if my source is right or not. :booty:

Xfactor

fuck yeah! I always love these B2G1 free on the used stuff. There's a gamestop with Disgaea and Riviera for the psp that's a callin' my name!

after this thursday I will not have a dime to spare...damn the END of the month would have been perfect....please delay til the 27th gamestop gods!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Xfactor4']Also, I just called my good friend who is a manager at Gamestop for MANY years now and he says the Mcdonalds employee B2G1 free deal is BULLSH@T !! Only Gamestop employees get any special offers !

We shall see if my source is right or not. :booty:

Xfactor[/quote]

Not to get into a pissing match, but I have been a GS manager for many years as well and 1) there is no corporate memo about any upcoming B2G1 free and 2) there is a McDonalds only offer that has been in the marketing books under the McDonalds Gold Card offer listed on the second to last page of the book.

Anyone know when the 10 dollars on 2 games trade in deal ends? Anyone know some good flips to turn gamestop credit into more blockbuster credit? (stranglehold ps3, eye of judgement, assassins creed, etc)

[quote name='Xfactor4']There will always be doubters and naysayers. As to my source not giving me a date, he did give me a date. He told me this Friday OR the following Friday. It is one or the other and he will know for sure soon. When he knows, I will know. As I said in the opening thread, I will specify whether it is this Friday or Next Friday within the next day or two.

I know all the details from my source at Gamestop. He is the same manager who helped me break the scoop on the $10.00 bonus trade in credit offer which also some people doubted me about at first. Heck, you guys knew about it before many Gamestop employees even did ! hahaha..

I will take out the confirmed part of my post thread since some are so picky even though I have CONFIRMED it myself with my contact in Gamestop management. I will add it back in when I know EXACTLY whether it is this Friday or Next.

My source is solid and has been 100% right in the past so I have no doubts.

True, I am waiting for the final date in the corporate memo but the rest of the details I have posted are correct.

As always, we shall see if I am right. Time judges all.

Xfactor[/quote]

Well Friday is fairly soon, so I guess we will know super soon.

This is good news, though personally I can't see getting much from it. But what is this about once a year? It seems they run this every couple of months. I know I just missed one about a month ago because my Edge card expired and I forgot to order the $2 one in time. I had 3 games picked out but I cancelled the purchase (B2G1) because I couldn't get them to give me the Edge discount too - yeah, I'm a cheap bastard ;). (My Edge card said it was good through April so I thought it would work the last day but apparently it had expired just before that - still, they wouldn't budge).

[quote name='Xfactor4']They only do this once a year so I know how I am going to be spending all my Target/Kmart clearance "flipping" money* ! :D ( * other than getting a heavily discounted and subsidized copy of MGS of course)[/quote]

Not to be too much the nitpicker myself, but they did do the same sale less than 90 days ago, no? It's been talked about how this is likely related to the influx of trade-ins for MGS, as the last sale coincided with the GTA launch... I'm just tryin to help you sound more credible and all... I do hope your source is correct...

What Io said.

[quote name='JohnLa101']Is the B2G1 restricted to the same system or can you mix and match, like with 360 and PS3?[/quote]

If it's like the previous iterations then you only have to worry about price. System doesn't matter and you can even pick accessories as part of the sale.

[quote name='Nikadimas']If it's like the previous iterations then you only have to worry about price. System doesn't matter and you can even pick accessories as part of the sale.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, sounds like a good deal.

[quote name='io']This is good news, though personally I can't see getting much from it. But what is this about once a year? It seems they run this every couple of months. I know I just missed one about a month ago because my Edge card expired and I forgot to order the $2 one in time. I had 3 games picked out but I cancelled the purchase (B2G1) because I couldn't get them to give me the Edge discount too - yeah, I'm a cheap bastard ;). (My Edge card said it was good through April so I thought it would work the last day but apparently it had expired just before that - still, they wouldn't budge).[/quote]

Hmm.. My friend(manager) at Gamestop told me that the B2G1 FREE used across all platforms was done only like once a year.

Was the B2G1 FREE offer you are talking about good for everything on all platforms ?? (GBA, XBOX, DS, Wii, 360, PS2, PS3, GC, GBC, etc)

Because if it was not, then you are probably right about the B2G1 FREE offer running every couple/few months BUT usually only on ONE game system format like only PS2, or only Xbox etc !?! :roll:

Anyways, just typed that becuase that is what he told me on the once a year thing store wide and nationwide B1G1 FREE sale across ALL PLATFORMS...

Xfactor

[quote name='hysterisch']Not to get into a pissing match, but I have been a GS manager for many years as well and 1) there is no corporate memo about any upcoming B2G1 free and 2) there is a McDonalds only offer that has been in the marketing books under the McDonalds Gold Card offer listed on the second to last page of the book.[/quote]

Well someone is lying then, either you or him but he says there is no such thing as the McDonalds employee B2G1 free offer. :^o

Also, if you are truly a Gamestop Manager, you should know that corporate marketing updates/memos come on Thursday for that upcoming weekends promotions right ?! :D Do you deny this ?

I'll trust my source, thank you very much. After all, they clued me in to the extra $10 bonus trade in credit well before anyone else here knew about it or even posted about it, including you ! :roll:

Holding out on all us CAGS now aren't you bigshot ??

Xfactor

P.S. I am going to have to ask them now about that second to last page of the marketing book ??? ;) Mcdonalds employee Gold Card huh ? hahaha... Hard to believe...

I'll try to take most advantage i can but i can't do much because there's not much good clearence around my area

thnx for heads up

[quote name='Xfactor4']Hmm.. My friend(manager) at Gamestop told me that the B2G1 FREE used across all platforms was done only like once a year.

Was the B2G1 FREE offer you are talking about good for everything on all platforms ?? (GBA, XBOX, DS, Wii, 360, PS2, PS3, GC, GBC, etc)

Because if it was not, then you are probably right about the B2G1 FREE offer running every couple/few months BUT usually only on ONE game system format like only PS2, or only Xbox etc !?! :roll:

Anyways, just typed that becuase that is what he told me on the once a year thing store wide and nationwide B1G1 FREE sale across ALL PLATFORMS...

Xfactor[/quote]

IIRC, GS just did a B2G1 free sale in the first week of May. Not doubting you or your source but what Io said is true. Hopefully, we do get the B2G1 again. :D

[quote name='emg28']IIRC, GS just did a B2G1 free sale in the first week of May. Not doubting you or your source but what Io said is true. Hopefully, we do get the B2G1 again. :D[/quote]

My bad then. Was the B2G1 in May good for ALL GAME SYSTEMS formats storewide or just specific to one system ?

Thanks.

Xfactor

P.S. My source could have added the "we only do this once a year" thing just to hype me up about the special offer or blow a bit of smoke so oh well just in case the offer in May was the same deal ... ;)

P.P.S. io is the man ! I ain't doubting him or anything...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Anyone know when the 10 dollars on 2 games trade in deal ends? Anyone know some good flips to turn gamestop credit into more blockbuster credit? (stranglehold ps3, eye of judgement, assassins creed, etc)[/quote]

Which Eye of Judgment, and which Assassin's Creed? How much are those netting at Blockbuster?

Stranglehold has stayed strong and I'm hoping that Sega Superstars Tennis for Wii, PS3, 360 has stayed up in value.

Only problem is that I won't be able to get Guitar Hero Aerosmith as part of the sale =/. Oh well, I still can get Ninja Gaiden 2, Blast Works, and Castle of Shikigami.

[quote name='Xfactor4']My bad then. Was the B2G1 in May good for ALL GAME SYSTEMS formats storewide or just specific to one system ?[/quote]

Yes it was for all systems, GS is notorious for hyping up their promotions...and forcing preorders on you. lol

Excited to see the B2g1 is confirmed, now to play the waiting game :cool:

[quote name='Xfactor4']Well someone is lying then, either you or him but he says there is no such thing as the McDonalds employee B2G1 free offer. :^o

Also, if you are truly a Gamestop Manager, you should know that corporate marketing updates/memos come on Thursday for that upcoming weekends promotions right ?! :D Do you deny this ?

I'll trust my source, thank you very much. After all, they clued me in to the extra $10 bonus trade in credit well before anyone else here knew about it or even posted about it, including you ! :roll:

Holding out on all us CAGS now aren't you bigshot ??

Xfactor

P.S. I am going to have to ask them now about that second to last page of the marketing book ??? ;) Mcdonalds employee Gold Card huh ? hahaha... Hard to believe...[/quote]

There is a reason employees of the company don't post the deals on here. They like to keep their jobs and would rather wait until the sale starts. If someone gets the word out earlier and that person passes the information on, then so be it. You don't have to argue your point every 15 minutes because someone doubts you or is pointing something out.

Also, in this case, that manager has no idea when the sale starts. He is making an educated guess as to when it will start because he saw new sale signage in the past marketing kit. (I know, I trust my source, he has not been wrong before... yada yada yada). Just know that nothing official has come through and they are more than likely going to have a sale because of it last year, but as of right now, anybody here could predict that who was here during the last Game Days sale. Now please do me a favor and post when you have solid information and not try to argue with everyone that posts something. There are plenty of the management staff from Gamestop that uses the site (myself included) but the thing is, nobody knows except for corporate and they don't tell us until a day or two before the sale and that is when you will find out.

/rant

Oh please be this weekend. :pray:

I have a 7 day old PSP and have to work the graveyard shift this weekend. I need more cheap time wasters.

[quote name='y2jedi']Oh please be this weekend. :pray:

I have a 7 day old PSP and have to work the graveyard shift this weekend. I need more cheap time wasters.[/quote]

I agree, hope it is this friday....good way to spend my last weekend of vacation before I have to go back to the grind of working for a living.:lol:

WHAT? You are so making SH#% up the buy 2 get 1 for mcdonalds employyees has been on the books since last October. I am a Gamestop manager and I can 100% tell you that we have not received a date, or that it will be a week long. We received updated marketimng to go with our new color sceme. Last year they did run the specilal the last weekend of the game day sale that ran over the weekend before July 4th. Who ever your source manager is should try reading the last page of his marketing book. THERE IS NO CONFIRMED DATE FOR BUY 2 GET 1 FREE and I will post it when thier is as we are never told to keep it secret but tell everyone.

Am I the only one who was wishing for this possible sale to be a BOGO instead of the usual B2G1?

Thanks for the info, XFactor, but unless I can find something CHEAP on PS3 to go with the 2 Xbox games I've already scoped out for the BOGO I was HOPING this would be instead, I'm gonna pass on this.

[quote name='anomynous']Has Gamestop ever had a BOGO?[/quote]

Sort of. They had one that was an error, but they accepted the coupon anyway. They updated the coupon during the week to reflect B2G1.

Didn't they have an Xbox game B1G1 just like 2-3 weeks ago. They never updated that coupon. I remember the first time that happened though. That was weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back