Gamestop sale....Suggestions

SnorE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So i got three games for the PS3 as of now Fallout, COD:MW2, and MLB 10:the show

I was wondering if any of the games during this sale are worth picking up or not thanks.

List of games:
Assassin's Creed 2 - $29.99
Bayonetta - $39.99
BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER - $19.99
Bourne Conspiracy - $14.99
COD World at War - $19.99
COD4 - $19.99
COD MW2 - $49.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - $19.99
Dragon Ball Raging Blast - $29.99
Fallout 3 - $19.99
Fuel - $12.99
GH 3 Bundle - $29.99
GH Aerosmith - $9.99
GH Smash Hits - $19.99
GH World Tour Band Kit - $89.99
GH 5 bundle - $69.99
Heavenly Sword - $29.99
IL 2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey - $19.99
Karaoke American Idol 2 (Game Only) - $9.99
Lair - $19.99
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $19.99
Prototype - $19.99
Pure - $14.99
Rock Revolution - $4.99
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $19.99
Saw - $24.99
Shaun White Snowboarding - $14.99
Sonic Unleashed - $14.99
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - $14.99
Way of the Samurai 3 - $29.99
Wolfenstein - $29.99
Xmen Origins: Wolverine - $19.99

The only game on there that's outright bad is rock revolution. Everything else depends entirely on your preferences. None of them seem like bad choices if you're interested in the genre.

Xmen Origins: Wolverine - $19.99

cod is a good game and the mp is cool but youll need to get the map packs which at one point you could get all 3 for 20 i believe.

assasins creed 2 from what ive heard is a great game i got i bought it myself from the sale ( still need to play 1 though).

wolverine is a good pick up at that low of a price and its he unchaged edition( i think it came with something extra inside).

Fuel is a great offroad racer. Its what Motorstorm wants to be.
Sacred 2 is an excellent action/fantasy adventure/rpg game.
Bourne is a great ame as well, but i think if you hunt for it you canm find it cheaper.
Wolfenstien was a fun game in my opinion, just came out at the wrong time to compete with other releases of the type.

Considering the price:

[quote name='SnorE']So i got three games for the PS3 as of now Fallout, COD:MW2, and MLB 10:the show

I was wondering if any of the games during this sale are worth picking up or not thanks.

List of games:
BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER - $19.99
COD4 - $19.99

Heavenly Sword - $29.99 (though you might be able to get it cheaper)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $19.99
Prototype - $19.99

9[/QUOTE]

At these prices, I would say:

COD4
Disgaea 3
MGS4: Guns of Patriots

It depends on what kind of games you like. If you like MW2, you should like COD4 (I actually liked it better, personally).

I'm liking Sacred 2 the more I play it - and it has the capability of up to 4 players online - which is awesome. Definitely takes a little bit to get used to and I am not sure I am completely used to the interface, but getting more & more comfortable with it the more I play.

I picked up that, BlazBlue, and Pure. I may go back to get Disgaea, but that just ups my backlog. :) Seriously, I need to finish Bioshock 2 and have Gods of War 3 sitting here staring at me as well.

MGS4 is good and a great price. My only other comment on it is to be prepared for a movie with some game play.

I really wanted Bayonetta but I KNOW that game isn't worth 40... I'm going to be patient and wait for it to hit 20. (or lower). I'm going to go with AC II. I loved the first game, so I'm looking forward to it. Also, I'd like to get Soldner X, but I'm so scared that as SOON as I drop the 10 dollars, it's going to be 4.99.

[quote name='Thomas96']I really wanted Bayonetta but I KNOW that game isn't worth 40... I'm going to be patient and wait for it to hit 20. (or lower).[/QUOTE]

If you are a fan of the genre, it is totally worth 40. I paid MSRP for it when it first came out, and I don't regret it at all. I would rather play that than Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry... but of course, opinions are like assholes.

smarknran...i will add you to my PSN list when i get home if your intrested in trying out online sometime...not sure if i set my game up right or not but i set it up for online campaign private but let me know

Definitely Sacred 2. I've played it for roughly 80 hours on the 360.

If you like assassin's creed, thats a decent price. I really don't care for either one so i wouldn't personally recommend them.

Disgaea 3 is EXTREMELY long, so if you can get into it, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

I wouldn't pay 20 for blazblue considering the new one will be out in the next 3 months and only cost $40 brand new. I'd wait.

MGS4 is a good game, but don't expect to play the game with guns blazing. It doesn't work out lol.

Avatar is actually a pretty fun game, so for $30 its not bad. Combat and visuals are very nice. It's also enjoyable to ride around on the alien horses and flying dragons

CoD 4 is a steal for $20... the MP blows MW2 out of the water (imo) and there is still a ton of people playing it.

I wasn't really a fan of Sacred 2 on the consoles, but I suppose it's not a bad choice if you don't have a PC capable of running it.

[quote name='Spyder187']
Bourne is a great ame as well, but i think if you hunt for it you canm find it cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Bourne is $5 currently at Kmart, I believe. Can't go wrong at $5 for most games. Well....except for Rock Revolution.:lol:

I'm also tempted to pick up Sacred 2 again. I had it from the GoHastings.com 30% off sale a while back and it's a blast to play. It reminds me alot of the Dark Alliance/Champions Of Norrath games from last gen.

Maybe if enough CAG's pick up Sacred 2 from this sale, we could start a thread to organize some sort of game night for it.

im down for a sacred 2 game night...just not sure how to set up so i can invite other and the type of settings etc...so im down...other than that problem

Does Sacred 2 have local multiplayer co-op or only online? My wife and I really enjoyed the Dark Aliiance and Champions of Norrath games together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the PS3 version of Sacred 2 have the slowdown and frame tearing of the 360 version?

When I had this on 360, 2 player same screen co-op would stutter the screen around as we moved forward, and was a real mess to play. It actually gave me a headache after about 20 minutes.

I know a lot of reviews mentioned the same, but I was wondering if it's something that's been patched up since the game shipped.

[quote name='SnorE']im down for a sacred 2 game night...just not sure how to set up so i can invite other and the type of settings etc...so im down...other than that problem[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, I think it's one of the only games I haven't seen a dedicated 'game night' for on either the PS3 or 360 boards on here as of yet.

But my internet connection sucks, so I might have to play it from my one buddies house and maybe it allows for up to two people per PS3/360? I know it allows for offline co-op, but I'm not sure if you could have the max of 4 players on two PS3's or not.

damn, I still haven't made it to gamestop to go and pick up AC II. I really really want Bayonetta, but I'm going to wait... but then again... I do want to play some Bayonetta. damn... I hate it when I'm in between two games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Surprisingly, I think it's one of the only games I haven't seen a dedicated 'game night' for on either the PS3 or 360 boards on here as of yet.

But my internet connection sucks, so I might have to play it from my one buddies house and maybe it allows for up to two people per PS3/360? I know it allows for offline co-op, but I'm not sure if you could have the max of 4 players on two PS3's or not.[/QUOTE]

you cant play 2 people from the same console on line i pretty sure i read it in the Manuel

bread's done
Back