Gamestop Sales B2G2F PS2 & Gamecube?

insxoffer

CAG Veteran
I was at a local Gamestop and purchased a few old ps2 games. The manager there infor me that there is a B2G2F on PS2 & Gamecube like they did last time in 2 weeks. have any1 heard about this sale?

Picked up:

Haunting Ground (which wasn't there when I went the other day!)
Contra: Shattered Soldier
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Mega Man X8

All in original cases with manuals. Wheee!

[quote name='mackie619']430!!! so much for the 3 in one year limit. :)[/QUOTE]

he may have only turned in 3 per title. he never really said. Plus he said he preordered 5 games, so I'm assuming he made 5 transactions.

Question: Those that buy like 100. I imagine these don't come with cases. Do you just take them into BB in its Gamestop sleeves or the game discs?

depends on your bb, some like cases some dont care, mine thankfully didnt care much until their worker was tied up for over a day :D

contact your local bb and ask the gaming guy if they need cases or disc only are ok

I picked up the following:
Dark Cloud 2
Tales of Legendia
Haunting Ground (Free)
Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection (Free)

I tried them all when I got home. So far all of them worked, except for Haunting Ground. I checked the disc, and I could see a deep scratch that the light can shine through. Looks like I need to find another Gamestop to exchange it. Blah.

I went to my local GS today and inquired about the GC games being B2G2 as well, and they told me that they weren't. It's a shame, really, because they have two great-looking copies of Mega Man X Collection that I'd flip on ebay for a little profit. They also had RECVX for GC, which would've been a nice bonus.

I've been thinking about picking up some of the PS2 games they have, but they're all a little overpriced for me. =\ They had a few .Hacks, Shadow Hearts, Gallop Racer 2006, and Fatal Frame, but they were around $30 apiece and nobody is even looking at them. Might just wait for a potential 75/85% off sale and snag 'em then.

[quote name='Blade']I went to my local GS today and inquired about the GC games being B2G2 as well, and they told me that they weren't. It's a shame, really, because they have two great-looking copies of Mega Man X Collection that I'd flip on ebay for a little profit. They also had RECVX for GC, which would've been a nice bonus.

I've been thinking about picking up some of the PS2 games they have, but they're all a little overpriced for me. =\ They had a few .Hacks, Shadow Hearts, Gallop Racer 2006, and Fatal Frame, but they were around $30 apiece and nobody is even looking at them. Might just wait for a potential 75/85% off sale and snag 'em then.[/QUOTE]

That's quite a selection. Mega Man X Collection on GCN is worth way more than the PS2 version. I also saw a few .hacks and they've since been sold...regret not picking them up. Fatal Frame is $20 new on Amazon, the Gamestop price is pre-reprint and is now a bit outlandish.

It took me 3 different Gamestops of buying/returning/exchanging but I finally came home satisfied. With the B2G2 I got the following, all complete and most in very good condition:

Fatal Frame 1 + 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Persona 3 + 4
.hack G.U. 3

I saw some Baldurs Gate 2's, but since I've already played it, didn't really want it even for the collectors factor. The only one I wasn't really interested in was .hack, but the CAG in me is preventing me from getting a $20 game for free when I can get a $30 game for free. I was hoping I'd find something else worth $30 or at least $25 that I wanted, but they either didn't exist or were nowhere to be found. Therefore .hack is very open for trade, otherwise I may just eBay it or something.

I also got Romancing Saga, Xenosaga 1 + 2, and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, but those aren't worth as much mention.

I also just bought a lot of 14 PS2 games on Craigslist for $30 total. All games came complete and included:

Zone of the Enders 1 + 2
Dark Cloud 2
Steambot Chronicles
Dynasty Warriors 5
Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2

Plus some other mediocre/crappy games. The bad ones I'll probably just trade in to BB. Either way, can't beat it.

... Now it's time to finally start playing the PS2 I got a couple months ago.

is this sale still active and has anyone confirmed that gamecube games are or are not part of the deal? is it YMMV for GC games perhaps

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']is this sale still active and has anyone confirmed that gamecube games are or are not part of the deal? is it YMMV for GC games perhaps[/QUOTE]

The sale goes through this Sunday for PS2 only. No YMMV for GC, they're not on sale.

I wish the OP had revised the thread title.

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait is this for new games too? Or are there used copies of DDS2 with the plushie?[/QUOTE]

It's for used games only.

Most of the stores i've gone to said it ends tomorrow... some of the employees said it was going to go on until they're out of ps2 games or have them shipped to a central location. A few of the gamestops I went to have stopped carrying ps2 titles already.

Two days ago, I bought Disgaea 1 & 2, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Suikoden 3. I think that is the last of my PS2 game buying for a long while.

[quote name='shivan128']Most of the stores i've gone to said it ends tomorrow... some of the employees said it was going to go on until they're out of ps2 games or have them shipped to a central location. A few of the gamestops I went to have stopped carrying ps2 titles already.[/QUOTE]

It does indeed end sunday. :cry:

3 of the gamestops I went to today said that it might be extended another week, but no official word, guess i'll find out in the morning.

[quote name='person123']3 of the gamestops I went to today said that it might be extended another week, but no official word, guess i'll find out in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Good. Best Buy needs more $1 PS2 games.

[quote name='winterlane']Can anyone confirm this is officially over?[/QUOTE]

Mine said it was over. Certain stores might have it extended in their district, but who knows.

Went to GS today looking for penny guides and asked the guy. He said he thinks it is only on PS2 games now until the end of the week. He also added that his store does not carry PS2 games anymore.

[quote name='slowdive21']Went to GS today looking for penny guides and asked the guy. He said he thinks it is only on PS2 games now until the end of the week. He also added that his store does not carry PS2 games anymore.[/QUOTE]

...but it was only on PS2 games before...

[quote name='akalboy']...but it was only on PS2 games before...[/QUOTE]

I thought the OP said Gamecube as well. Well either way he said he thinks it is on PS2 games.

Just came back from GS, was told it has ended.

I've officially collected over 400 different PS2 games, all complete, most from GS.

Stopped by my GS and promo was over ....but.... the manager then told me to hang on for about 2 more weeks and they will prolly be doing it again because GS is gonna start pushing hard to clear out all thier PS2 inventory

Ended up getting 32 games through this promotion. I'm at 97 total PS2 games, so I'd like to make the last three special...will probably slow my PS2 purchasing until I can find stuff like Rez, Psychonauts, etc.

It would be so nice if the sale came back (whenever) with 50% off instead of buy 2, get 2. With diminishing inventories, maximizing the deal can really get cumbersome.

Also, been quite a while now (by gamestop standards) without a store-wide b2g1.

I ordered godhand suikoden iv buffy vampire slayer chaos bleeds valkyre profile slimeria off the website received the games today god hand suikoden iv complete buffy chaos bleeds valkyrie profile slimeria disc only in broken generic cases I have not tested the games yet.

bread's done
Back